Working as a CNA with to many opportunities and cant decide the right one!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

luvmykids0810 in Irving, Texas

32 months ago

ok from the top. I am working at a nursing home making $9.50 an hour from 10p-530pm because i have to leave early so that i can get home and dh can go to work. yesterday i received a phone call from a job that i filled an app at in March asking if i could start working there form 2-10pm making $10.25 an hour, I also have a PRN(as needed) job making $11 an hour that called me today and asked me to start on Monday, AND as of right now im in LIMBO with my pre-employment process with my local hospital(waiting for the drug test and background check to go through) making $10.85 an hour, so they havent given me an EXACT start date. When I called the hospital HR and asked about it, he said that it may be another week or so before I can start. I told him i was just asking so that i can know when to give my full time $9.50 hour job my two weeks notice.

heres the pickle: i am going to keep the PRN job no matter where i work at, BUT im not sure what to do about the $9.50 or the $10.25 job while im waiting on the hospital job to call me with a start date. DH says I should just tell the $9.50 job that this is going to be my last week(pay period ends this saturday) and just work the PRN job until the hospital calls me. And if after a week the hospital still hasnt called to take the $10.25 second shift job. Because I dont want to work the $9.50 an hour job anyway because im not working 40 hours a week(we have a 4 on 2 off schedule) PLUS i miss a whole hour every four days anyway because I get off 30 mins early and still have to take a 30 minute break.

So, I need some advice ladies on what route you would take with these situations and why? Please THANKS A lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.