expired STNA liscense

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (43)

hstudebaker in Beavercreek, Ohio

85 months ago

i'm getting ready to register for nursing classes. i haven't worked in the nursing home for nearly two years and my stna liscense has expired. do i need to go through the classes again to have my liscese reinstated, or can i just take the test over?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (126) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Huntington Beach, California

85 months ago

I don't know about Ohio but here in California you needed to take ceu's before they expired. I am in the same boat, I contacted state board and downloaded the application and I will fax it in then I should get a test date soon. The red cross gives the test here monthly. I know that I do not have to attend the school again. CNA/HHA school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Lowe-McGee in San Francisco, California

85 months ago

I am studying to renew my cna/hha. I need a study budy online or someone in San Francisco SOMA. Also does anyone know of which redcross holds the state board test monthly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in San Jose, California

84 months ago

Rachel Lowe-McGee in San Francisco, California said: I am studying to renew my cna/hha. I need a study budy online or someone in San Francisco SOMA. Also does anyone know of which redcross holds the state board test monthly

Hi Rachel,
I too am trying to reinstate my CNA/HHA. I live in San Jose, CA. I was woundering if I would have to retake the classes all over again. I would be more then happy to help you study. The Redcross here in San Jose is were I took my test, but that was 10 years ago. Good luck to you. You can email if you like..mvcruz40@yahoo.com
Mary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Shawntia

83 months ago

I am on the same boat as everyone but I just finished my cna course in october. I'm having trouble getting in contact with someone to schedule to take it does any one have the number or any other advice.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shawntia

83 months ago

I forgot to mention I'm in California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

emma, northern california in Logan, Illinois

82 months ago

I recently failed a clinical exam, but had attended and passed the written.

I want to challenge the test at Red Cross and eventually acquire the C.N.A. Certificate.

I also attended to all the lectures and seminars and have completed the hours required. I don't want to retake the 4 month course over again.

I need a application form to take the test but I can't seem to find this anywhere on the web. It was suggested by another person who works at a convalescent hospital that I can get the application from the internet.

I appreciate feedback from anyone who knows where I can complete this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

alice, northern california in Logan, Illinois

82 months ago

I recently failed a clinical exam, but had attended and passed the written.

I want to challenge the test at Red Cross and eventually acquire the C.N.A. Certificate.

I also attended to all the lectures and seminars and have completed the hours required. I don't want to retake the 4 month course over again.

I need a application form to take the test but I can't seem to find this anywhere on the web. It was suggested by another person who works at a convalescent hospital that I can get the application from the internet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

alice, northern california in Logan, Illinois

82 months ago

Mary in San Jose, California said: Hi Rachel,
I too am trying to reinstate my CNA/HHA. I live in San Jose, CA. I was woundering if I would have to retake the classes all over again. I would be more then happy to help you study. The Redcross here in San Jose is were I took my test, but that was 10 years ago. Good luck to you. You can email if you like..mvcruz40@yahoo.com
Mary

Hello,

Do you know what forms and where I can easily get them to take the CNA test for the Red Cross exams. These forms are required at the time of testing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary in East Liverpool, Ohio

82 months ago

my stna expired several years ago, but i have worked in nursing homes since then. can i just take the test for the stna or do i have to go back and retake the classes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jim in Canton, Ohio

82 months ago

mary in East Liverpool, Ohio said: my stna expired several years ago, but i have worked in nursing homes since then. can i just take the test for the stna or do i have to go back and retake the classes

Hi Mary, I might be mis-taken but I believe that in Ohio you only need to work ONE day a year in an STNA job to maintain your license. Your employer should be able to guide you on this or call 1-800-582-5908, Ohio Nurse Aid Registry, they should be able to assist you. Good Luck, Jim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rae / San francisco in Oakland, California

82 months ago

Rachel Lowe-McGee in San Francisco, California said: I am studying to renew my cna/hha. I need a study budy online or someone in San Francisco SOMA. Also does anyone know of which redcross holds the state board test monthly

Hi Rachel,
I would also like to renew my certificate. Could you share with me where you are studing to renew your license I live in san francisco. I attended nurse care provider in Daly City about 10 yrs ago. I started my own business and couldn't find the time to take the ceus and my liscense expired. I really need a job. Any information would help. Thank you! Rae

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Donna Montgomery in Flintstone, Georgia

82 months ago

my CNA licenses have been expired since 2001 and i was wondering how do i go about getting them reinstated would i have to retake the whole class or just retake the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

amanda west

81 months ago

Hi my name is amanda west i have had my certificatin since 1997 and i think it has recently expired and i want to get it reinstated. How do i go about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

patricia wray in Lancaster, Ohio

80 months ago

hstudebaker in Beavercreek, Ohio said: i'm getting ready to register for nursing classes. i haven't worked in the nursing home for nearly two years and my stna liscense has expired. do i need to go through the classes again to have my liscese reinstated, or can i just take the test over?

wray

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

patricia roberts in Grass Valley, California

80 months ago

hstudebaker in Beavercreek, Ohio said: i'm getting ready to register for nursing classes. i haven't worked in the nursing home for nearly two years and my stna liscense has expired. do i need to go through the classes again to have my liscese reinstated, or can i just take the test over?

hello...just curious...i just got my cna license and want to work in travel biz.......have you had any sucess..also i got my cerfication from an assisted living in auburn, ca....they paid us 8.00 and hour for 3 months of trAINING THEN WE WERE Raised to 13.85. (PIP) it was a great wAY TO Learn, to be right there on site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kim in Lancaster, Ohio

79 months ago

Hello, I am also in ohio, i think you are right Jim, I think they say as long as you work at least 8/hr's in one calander year and maintain the extra learning things your license is still good. I do believe mine has expired though. I got it in 2004, and worked til 2005 in march.. Then went to school to become MA in april. But worked again in dec 2005. But have not worked since then. Although my MA license is still good and up to date, and I am still considered a CNA, just not an STNA. But what I am wondering is does anyone know if any place would hire me for stna with my CNA and MA (Medical Assisting)??? Just wondering... I thought I knew a girl that did it while I was in school.. But I dont remember that was nearly 3 years ago now.... (Can't seem to get Medical assisting job, with no experience... got pregnant right out of college been stay at home mom since then.. now i need a job desperately!!)

patricia wray in Lancaster, Ohio

79 months ago

wonder what i haft to do to get my stna licene updated i have been a aide for 6 yrs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Genara in Wadsworth, Ohio

77 months ago

I think my stna license had expired am wondering how to find out if it is expired and how i go about renewing my stna license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Genara in Wadsworth, Ohio

77 months ago

I think my stna license had expired am wondering how to find out if it is expired and how i go about renewing my stna license.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christina Kozina in Walnut Creek, California

76 months ago

I need some information. I am in California. I have been a registered Medical assistant for 13 years and have kept current with my ceus. I worked in a skilled nursing setting for 2 years under the supervision of a nurse.

My MA credential requires more hours and more clinicaltime. CAn I challenge the CNA exam?

Christina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Judy in Alger, Ohio

75 months ago

My STNA licence this year (I moved out of state & am now back in Ohio). What do I need to do to get reinstated? Do i have to go threw the classes again, or can I just take the test? & if so how much will it cost me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Judy Hammons in Mount Vernon, Ohio

75 months ago

How much will it cost me to get my STNA License in Ohio reinstated from being expired?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Deborah Grimes in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Judy Hammons in Mount Vernon, Ohio said: How much will it cost me to get my STNA License in Ohio reinstated from being expired?

I think it's $60.00 in Ohio

Deborah Grimes in Cleveland, Ohio

74 months ago

Genara in Wadsworth, Ohio said: I think my stna license had expired am wondering how to find out if it is expired and how i go about renewing my stna license.

Call the Ohio Nurse aid Registry @ 1-800-582-5988 and enter you s.s #. They will tell you if they has expired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mhines72 in Cincinnati, Ohio

74 months ago

I just complete the CNA in Cincinnati and they stress what was required by the state of Ohio to keep your name on the Nurse Aid Registry. To stay active on NAR you have to work as a CNA somewhere at least 8 hours in a 24 month period. If this has not been done your name drops off the NAR & you have to take the CNA training & state test over. You can also contact D&S Diversified Technologies. Their website is www.hdmaster.com to see your just shy of the 24 month or where to get the retraining if needed. Hope this helpful & Good Luck!

Ralena in Columbus, Ohio

73 months ago

Shawntia said: I am on the same boat as everyone but I just finished my cna course in october. I'm having trouble getting in contact with someone to schedule to take it does any one have the number or any other advice.
I have been in the medical field for 6 years now, and I've found that most employers will pay for you to take the test. All you need to do is apply and during the interview tell them you are in need of taking your test and they do the scheduling for you as well as pick up the bill. :)

mhines72 in Cincinnati, Ohio

73 months ago

Shawntia go to www.hdmaster.com & you will be able to found a list of testing site & dates thru out Ohio. I have found during my job search a lot of facilities want you to already be a STNA before they will consider your application and the ones that will expect just your certification offer you lower pay. The cost for testing is $96.00 if you mail the application & little more if you want your test date expedited sooner. But contact D&S Diversified Technologies & you get all the info you need. Good Luck & let me know if that worked for you!
P.S. The site give me error message preventing me from including D&S Diversified Technologies phone #. And their located Findlay, Ohio if you call 411.

priscila jonah in Columbus, Ohio

73 months ago

priscilla said: I am on the same boat as everyone but I just finished my cna course in august . I'm having trouble getting a site to schedule to retake it does any one have a test site or number or any other advice.

i need a site for my stna test i had the test in august and failed and was my first time.i need a covinient site to retake the test again in october

Billie Jo in Springfield, Ohio

72 months ago

Shawntia said: I am on the same boat as everyone but I just finished my cna course in october. I'm having trouble getting in contact with someone to schedule to take it does any one have the number or any other advice.

Just google "state test for nurse aide" and you should find a website with info.

Kim in Mansfield, Ohio

72 months ago

I was a CNA in Michigan, but my license expired in 2000. I know its a long shot, but does anyone know if am I able to just take the test here in Ohio, or do I have to go thru training again?

sara in Redmond, Washington

70 months ago

I have one question. i'm living in seattle. four year a go i passed CNA written and practical exam.after i pass those exam i did not sent any money to state to get my CNA licence. i was thouggh automaticaliy they convert from RNA to CNA as soon as we passed both state exam. however, they did not convert my licence. they told me after two year expired my lience.is there any way i can get back my lience with out taking class again.it is already expaired my licence they told me i have to take it again.or is there any way i can take class in online.

Shining50 in Cincinnati, Ohio

70 months ago

Can you take the state test without going to school if you work as a PCA on current job?.

mhines72 in Cincinnati, Ohio said: I just complete the CNA in Cincinnati and they stress what was required by the state of Ohio to keep your name on the Nurse Aid Registry. To stay active on NAR you have to work as a CNA somewhere at least 8 hours in a 24 month period. If this has not been done your name drops off the NAR & you have to take the CNA training & state test over. You can also contact D&S Diversified Technologies. Their website is www.hdmaster.com to see your just shy of the 24 month or where to get the retraining if needed. Hope this helpful & Good Luck!

Shining50 in Cincinnati, Ohio

70 months ago

Hi,
I have a question about taking the CNA state test in Ohio. Can I take the state test without going to school, if I am currently working as a PCA?.

Courtney in Dayton, Ohio

70 months ago

I am taking classes in Ohio to become a STNA. after I take my state test, what would it take for me to work as a stna (CNA) in california? will I just have to pay for licensing or take the classes all over again?

valerie in Deerfield, Ohio

68 months ago

Your stna license are still good untill you reach the two year mark of your last day of working as an stna

monty in Cincinnati, Ohio

68 months ago

alice, northern california in Logan, Illinois said: I recently failed a clinical exam, but had attended and passed the written.

hi, Im monty, this is the number and address ;diversified technologies 333 oakland ave. findlay,oh 45840/eight seven seven eight five one two three five five ( this site wouldnt let me put numbes in this email, Im sure you can get your info from someone at this number

monty in Cincinnati, Ohio

68 months ago

you can get your application here eight seven seven -eightfive one-=two three five five or info. this site doent allow you to use numbers so i spelled them out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sexxy_aleeshonte@yahoo.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

64 months ago

monty in Cincinnati, Ohio said: you can get your application here eight seven seven -eightfive one-=two three five five or info. this site doent allow you to use numbers so i spelled them out

no they are not

sexxy_aleeshonte@yahoo.com in Saint Petersburg, Florida

64 months ago

no they are not

Lindsey in Louisville, Ohio

57 months ago

Genara in Wadsworth, Ohio said: I think my stna license had expired am wondering how to find out if it is expired and how i go about renewing my stna license.

odhgateway.odh.ohio.gov/nar/nar_registry_search.aspx

you can look up your status as an stna through this link by putting in your last name and last 4 digits of your s.security number. This is for Ohio.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Addie in Chardon, Ohio

37 months ago

If your license has expired you have to take the class over again. The purpose of this is so that you remain up to date on care techniques as well as to ensure that you have not forgotten material

Linda Straubhaar in Brunswick, Ohio

37 months ago

I too was an STNA. I am now an LPN--does that mean I will lose my STNA license if I do not work as a STNA in two years? I haven't worked as a STNA in about a year and a half.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.