I have no experience as a cna and cant find a job that will hire me

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 109)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jazz in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Well, I've been a Florida CNA for several years & nursing homes that offer CNA classes in my area will usually hire little to no experience whether you enroll for their classes or not--I'm sure that's the case in most other areas--call around...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

mrs foster in Chicago, Illinois

82 months ago

I'm a medical asst and I can't find a job anywhere. People tell you to go to different places and look for jobs but they won't hire me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

D. Coulton in Monticello, Kentucky

82 months ago

Sheena in Longmeadow, Massachusetts said: I just became certified a couple of months ago and Have applied to tons of places and they have all turned me down due to lack of experience.A representative came in after we passed the state test saying that they hire new cna...I applied for the job and they never called me back.I dont have many references because 2 jobs (that werent cna jobs) fired me because people screwed me over...what do I do?

Go through a temp. service, they hire alot of newly experienced persons....good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

needhelp_sos in Clinton Township, Michigan

57 months ago

im having the same problems it maks me want to cry i paid to take these classes and now no job when i thouht i was getting closer to starting in life it dont really look as if i am i really just wish somebody help me im from clinton township michigan and 19 years old

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

ann sherman, groton, ct in Southbridge, Massachusetts

57 months ago

Sheena in Longmeadow, Massachusetts said: I just became certified a couple of months ago and Have applied to tons of places and they have all turned me down due to lack of experience.A representative came in after we passed the state test saying that they hire new cna...I applied for the job and they never called me back.I dont have many references because 2 jobs (that werent cna jobs) fired me because people screwed me over...what do I do?

go to all the local nursing homes & put in applications, nursing homes always need CNA'S, keep calling them & they will hire you, or even stop by the place & speak to the director of nurses

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dryvngal@aol.com

55 months ago

How should a person find a job whos right out of school desperatly needing answer am willing to work at bottom to get exspirience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Laura in Bristol, Connecticut

54 months ago

I am having the same problem as all of you, i got my certificate in July of 09...it expires in 2011..i am scared its going to expire before i can even use it. i have applied everywhere i can think of, even to the place i did my clinical at, and NOTHING this is rediculous and very bad to my esteem....i got a call back for Private duty but i dont think that will give me any "expreriance still" would it? maybe if i work with them long enough i would have more...i dont know anymore...good luck with the cna job search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flower4u in New York, New York

54 months ago

i have passed my certification exam in Dec.09 and will be expire in 2011 but until now i haven't get any job, i have been applying for almost 3 months now and almost 6 resumes i have passed to them but no one will try to call me. huhuhuhu!(crying).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leah in Middleton, Wisconsin

54 months ago

Denise C. in Norwalk, California said: On Dec.16 2009 i passed my CNA STATE EXAM. I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I GOT TO PASS BOTH OF MY TEST MY SKILLS,WRITEN TEST..... BUT ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET A JOB EVERY ONE TELLS ME I NEED EXPE.AND IM FEELING VERY SAD,DOWN
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I don't understand.. I live in WI. I called quite a few hospitals which is where I personally want to work. The hospitals in WI. Said they do and are hiring and will train.. as long as you went to school and have your CNA license.. and have no record. Mabye its your interview technique or resume..etc. Just trying to help. Places know.. everyone has to be new at one time and no one knows or can know ahead of time what the place expects of you.. which is all differen't. I think this is their polite way of refusal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Monroe, Georgia

54 months ago

Igot my cna certification in march of 2010 and iam happy.Hopefully iwill be able to find ajob soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Dezrick in Mableton, GA in Atlanta, Georgia

53 months ago

I wish you the best of luck Brenda, I got my CNA cert at the end of March 2010 and all I'm getting is you don't have any experience and we are not willing to let get the experience you need? It seems like Hospitals and Nursing homes are just looking to steal working employees from other companies, but they all are paying $9.00 and hour so why would someone leave to go some where else and make $9.00 an hour? They act like the cert is not worth anything for new CNA's..of course if you didn't have they would say you need it? I guess you can tell I don't understand their logic and they can't figure why there's a shortage?..:o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Denise in Tucson, Arizona

53 months ago

I understand your frustration!! Ugh! While I have more then 5 yrs. experience as cna I can't find a job because my certification has expired! Can't find reasonable school to get recertified without having to take out $10,000 in loans! Its very very frustrating...moved to Tucson 'cuz I thought there would be more opportunity here for me but keep running into brick walls.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Julia in Waterbury, Connecticut

53 months ago

djenny in Chicago, Illinois said: To apply for CNA job at any hospital or nursing home do i need to hane a permanent resident card Green card? or just work authorization is fine?
I'm not a permanent resident of this country, but i want to work as a CNA and i do have a work authorization.
Do u think it will be fine or not?

Authorization gives you rights to work and to study in US. yes its fine. I had the same concern before as well. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rosalin in Elmhurst, Illinois

52 months ago

Hello evryone got to see evryone having same problem as me...I also got CNA certificate 1 month ago and still searching jobs..I am also so much frustrated about this..I have work permit n also I was registered nurse in my country it is in Asia...ahh please do inform if any one cud fund job as 0 experience CNA...please please....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angellee in Tampa, Florida

51 months ago

I'm not a CNA, but Mary, you don't need to come on here and say that it's a crappy job for people who can't find employment elsewhere. CNA's are on the front lines of patient care! There are CNA's who are very caring and love their job. Many CNA's go on to later become nurses. Don't belittle a job just because it wasn't for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

gtz4 in Springdale, Arkansas

50 months ago

Denise C. in Norwalk, California said: On Dec.16 2009 i passed my CNA STATE EXAM. I WAS SO HAPPY THAT I GOT TO PASS BOTH OF MY TEST MY SKILLS,WRITEN TEST..... BUT ITS HARD FOR ME TO GET A JOB EVERY ONE TELLS ME I NEED EXPE.AND IM FEELING VERY SAD,DOWN
PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY ADVICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

hi,im taking cna/pca classes and i was wondering what the state exam is like? are they really picky? what did they have you perform? and what was the writing part?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

candace in Chicago, Illinois

50 months ago

Why don't you guys do some volunenteer work. The hospitals will hire you on as a an intern and 6 months to a year go by and you have work experience. We have to start from the bottom to get to the top especially in this economy. Just intern, and work as a waitress or something until something opens up. GETTING YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR IS THE BEST THING RIGHT NOW. DON'T GIVE UP.!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Michele' in Phoenix, Arizona

50 months ago

candace in Chicago, Illinois said: Why don't you guys do some volunenteer work. The hospitals will hire you on as a an intern and 6 months to a year go by and you have work experience. We have to start from the bottom to get to the top especially in this economy. Just intern, and work as a waitress or something until something opens up. GETTING YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR IS THE BEST THING RIGHT NOW. DON'T GIVE UP.!!!!

I agree completely...and I also say people should try applying to nursing homes and LTC's. This is not the time to be picky about where you find work. If a hospital job is what you desire then after 6 months try to get in, otherwise do what you can do. We are all is this situation. It also depends on your location, I live very near to a city full of retirees so finding work is not as impossible. Basically, if you are having a hard time finding work, move. Make things happen. Good Luck to everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SAMANTHA IN HARTFORD CT in Craryville, New York

50 months ago

i don't get it... Everyone is talkin about how they can't find a job and the pay sux!!! but i just got certified on june 30 and i got a job that pays $16 a hour!!! but u know what evrything happens 4 a reason... and soonner or later everyone will find themself's a job... good luck 2 everyone!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

jeanettequezada19@yahoo.com in Salinas, California

50 months ago

as a CNA? Is that what they pay you 16 bucks an hour. Wow! thats great!
But you live in NY thats probably why. Big City

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SAMANTHA IN HARTFORD CT in Cobleskill, New York

50 months ago

i dont get y it says i live in ny i dont i live in ct!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

soussou in Alexandria, Virginia

50 months ago

hi , everybody im a cna since may 2009, in virginia state. im loking for job in nursing home or home care , but evreybody asked me if i have 6 mounth experience, so no body want hire new cna, please can you helpe me how can i get job without experiance becuase my certifacte it s can be expire 2011. think you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

weepie in Summit Argo, Illinois

50 months ago

The worste nursing homes will hire cna without any experience but the money sucks. Have to start somewhere to get the experience. look at it as an investment

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

CNA Rise in Aurora, Colorado

50 months ago

SAMANTHA IN HARTFORD CT in Craryville, New York said: i don't get it... Everyone is talkin about how they can't find a job and the pay sux!!! but i just got certified on june 30 and i got a job that pays $16 a hour!!! but u know what evrything happens 4 a reason... and soonner or later everyone will find themself's a job... good luck 2 everyone!!!!!

Same here I was able to find a job in less than a month that paid 14 and 16 for float cna's
they even gave us discounts on scrubs at crazyscrubs.com and discounts on scopes from stethoscopes-for-sale. om

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CNA Rise in Aurora, Colorado

50 months ago

SAMANTHA IN HARTFORD CT in Craryville, New York said: i don't get it... Everyone is talkin about how they can't find a job and the pay sux!!! but i just got certified on june 30 and i got a job that pays $16 a hour!!! but u know what evrything happens 4 a reason... and soonner or later everyone will find themself's a job... good luck 2 everyone!!!!!

Same here I was able to find a job in less than a month that paid 14 and 16 for float cna's
they even gave us discounts on scrubs at www.crazyscrubs.com and discounts on scopes from www.stethoscopes-for-sale.com

ps sorry for the double post was trying to get the links to work for you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zenobia in Corona, California

48 months ago

I know how every one feels I'm going through the same problem. Schools just take your money and don't guarantee anything, it's cold. I'm starting to think this Cna isn't for me. I should try to do something else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mz Pinky in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

CNA Rise in Aurora, Colorado said: Same here I was able to find a job in less than a month that paid 14 and 16 for float cna's
they even gave us discounts on scrubs at crazyscrubs.com and discounts on scopes from stethoscopes-for-sale. om

Its because of your location decause in florida the pay is $8-$10 an Hr, and right now there are no jobs for new CNA's in florida i just got certified in Aug. Have not found a job yet I believe it becouse there are so many people out of work and they only want the ones with experience, that hurts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

happiness in Sylmar, California

47 months ago

can anyone recommend me to their nursing home i just got certify as a cna 0 experience. it suck that one has look for job for a long time pls i need help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

brownladie in Pearl City, Hawaii

47 months ago

It is true; you go for training, paying money that you really do not have and when you get out, no one wants to hire you! sometimes, not even the nursing homes unless you have a year experience. I am going to volunteer at a nursing home... go back and get re-certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

CNA in Aurora, Colorado

47 months ago

Don't apply for nursing homes just apply for hospitals even if you have 0 experience they will hire you based on how you present yourself!

I've had friends with 0 experience get hired as both CNA's and MA's at Denver Health and Rose Medical within the last 3 months. So it can be done eventhough they tell you that you must have a year.

Just because you paid $500 or 2000 for your CNA and u have your license doesn't mean you are entitled to a job. It's just liek any other field

you site www.stethoscopes-for-sale.com is great by the way thanks for the plug

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

williams in Austin, Texas

46 months ago

Jazz in Los Angeles, California said: Well, I've been a Florida CNA for several years & nursing homes that offer CNA classes in my area will usually hire little to no experience whether you enroll for their classes or not--I'm sure that's the case in most other areas--call around...

that is true, but that is mostly because the job is HORRIBLY physically and emotionally exhausting. I am a CNA and just got back from my midnight shift job and was in tears on my way home. The other co-workers who are lazy or want to suck up to the charge nurse will often rat out the shift that comes in before them in order to make themselves look better. "Ms. Smith was wet when I came in. She left Gill wet...." That type of S***. The politics in a nursing home can be horrible along with the physical and under appreciated work. Nursing homes will hire anyone because they are poorly ran and understaffed. Most people can't do that type of work, which is why I think that CNA's should be paid at least $15-$30/hr for the work they do.

The chances of a resident being abused or neglected increases when a worker is emotionally and physically exhausted (i don't condone abusing a resident at all though). When you are being paid less than $11/hr to take care of 20+ patients it can suck and wear on your nerves. Not to mention that your back will get blown out before you turn 30 years old from turning and lifting on obese patients who weight more than 500 pounds.

Why the hell can't a nursing home pay for dietary consultants or nutritionist to put some of those residents on healthy diets so they can lose weight? Like I said, they don't give a S*** that a CNA back gets destroyed. All nursing homes are 'for-profit' and ran by the mafia and other elite families. The low pay on the CNA's end also causes communication and resentment which allows the residents to suffer. The politics in a nursing home can be horrible which is why no one wants to work in one.UGH..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anita in Mooresville, North Carolina

46 months ago

Leah in Middleton, Wisconsin said: I don't understand.. I live in WI. I called quite a few hospitals which is where I personally want to work. The hospitals in WI. Said they do and are hiring and will train.. as long as you went to school and have your CNA license.. and have no record. Mabye its your interview technique or resume..etc. Just trying to help. Places know.. everyone has to be new at one time and no one knows or can know ahead of time what the place expects of you.. which is all differen't. I think this is their polite way of refusal.

Leah, I'm from Central Wisconsin (born and raised) and moved to North Carolina 8 months ago, the problem with the rest of the states is they have an abundance of nurses whereas in Wisconsin there is a shortage. However most places around my old hometown are short of nurses yet have put a hiring freeze on personnel. Leah, it's a whole different world when you leave the cheese state, trust me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mz Pinky in Miami, Florida

45 months ago

leah thanks for the comment but the problem is getting the interview, and in the the state of florida alot of hospitals don't hire cna's especially fresh out of school, and other place are asking for 3 to 6 months or more of work experience not intern, so maybe its where you live and most of the time who you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Palm Coast, Florida

45 months ago

williams in Austin, Texas said: that is true, but that is mostly because the job is HORRIBLY physically and emotionally exhausting. I am a CNA and just got back from my midnight shift job and was in tears on my way home. The other co-workers who are lazy or want to suck up to the charge nurse will often rat out the shift that comes in before them in order to make themselves look better. "Ms. Smith was wet when I came in. She left Gill wet...." That type of S***. The politics in a nursing home can be horrible along with the physical and under appreciated work. Nursing homes will hire anyone because they are poorly ran and understaffed. Most people can't do that type of work, which is why I think that CNA's should be paid at least $15-$30/hr for the work they do.

The chances of a resident being abused or neglected increases when a worker is emotionally and physically exhausted (i don't condone abusing a resident at all though). When you are being paid less than $11/hr to take care of 20+ patients it can suck and wear on your nerves. Not to mention that your back will get blown out before you turn 30 years old from turning and lifting on obese patients who weight more than 500 pounds.

Why the hell can't a nursing home pay for dietary consultants or nutritionist to put some of those residents on healthy diets so they can lose weight? Like I said, they don't give a S*** that a CNA back gets destroyed. All nursing homes are 'for-profit' and ran by the mafia and other elite families. The low pay on the CNA's end also causes communication and resentment which allows the residents to suffer. The politics in a nursing home can be horrible which is why no one wants to work in one.UGH..

I could NOT agree with you more!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

amelia in Palm Coast, Florida

45 months ago

cont:

I am also a night shift CNA, and I. HATE. IT. Instead of maybe thanking us for staying late, making extra sure that the residents are taken care of, doing THEIR work for them while they sit on their fat butts and drink their iced coffee..they instead complain to the administrator about "wet" pts, etc..you know, instead of coming to me first? The backstabbing and politics are disgusting, and I can't wait to graduate from college so I can leave this disgusting career behind. A few more months to go! CANNOT WAIT to burn that useless CNA certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

BarbieBish_91 in Rochester, New York

45 months ago

I dont care about low pay or whatever I just want a job.I got my CNA certificate in November and still havent found a job.I refuse to volunteer because thats wasting money I dont have to pay for transportation back and forth to the facility.I will fill out more applications after the holidays,so I pray to god that this new year will bring some good.Also,Im signing up for the BOCES lpn program beacuse I heard CNA is back breaking work. Happy Holidays and Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

23 in Las Vegas, Nevada

45 months ago

I took the nursing exam and thought i was going to fail but if you study and really now what your doing then you will be fine. As for jobs im in the same boat as all of you. Thinking that right after the exam i was going to work but to my surprise i still havent found a job. Well im still going to try to look and im not going to give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

muffman in New Haven, Connecticut

44 months ago

this i s crazy i had my cna for 8 months and still having found a job and i feel that a wasted my time gettin it for no reason how i am i suppose to get a job if i don't have any experience beside the three week interim experience i have this is frustation and whats the point if i renew my cna license if i can't find a job there no point for it at all i need help but no one is gonna help me or give us peoples the chance to show the company we apply for we are a good employee that can do the job these company need to think about others then there paychecks they are gettin cause as long as they got a job they don't care about us we deserve a spot just like everyone else duh we pass are state exam and we took classes and went to a nursing home to do hand on training so what is going on with the hiring process if we just gotten are cna license that don't make no sense to ask for experience if the person just graduated there class cause the person had experience they would put it on there applicaton but if they don't that should tell you something like oh this person just gotten there license we'll give he/she a try these peoples are so heartless to others when it come down to others who wanna work and knows what to do cause we are train to do it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lynnamyers in Daytona Beach, Florida

44 months ago

NETWORK in your church, Parkinson's or Alzeimer's organizations, clubs, and friends...spread the word verbally that you are a CNA looking to work in a private home. Families will hire CNA's to care for their loved ones (because you are cheaper & more flexible) if you have been referred to them by a friend. Make up a business card on your computer to hand out when you network.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Daytona Beach in Atlanta, Georgia

44 months ago

Mary Spierling in houston, Texas said: I got free training at a nursing home in Portland, OR and after only 3 months I discovered it was a CRAPPY, LOW PAYING, THANKLESS JOB!
The only people who are suited for that job are those who can't find employment elsewhere as it is a real crap job.

That's a shame. I believe it's your attitude that's crappy! So, why did you want to work in a Nursing Home anyway? I'd give ANYTHING to!! Your hearts not in it. You need to work away from the care of people in need!! It's people like you I witnessed in Nursing Homes neglecting the elderly. That's when I realized my passion was to care for the elderly. Shame on you. Get a job that dosnt involve caring for people, or animals for that matter. SHAME!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Wendy in Atlanta, Georgia

44 months ago

Mary Spierling in houston, Texas said: I got free training at a nursing home in Portland, OR and after only 3 months I discovered it was a CRAPPY, LOW PAYING, THANKLESS JOB!
The only people who are suited for that job are those who can't find employment elsewhere as it is a real crap job.

That's a shame. I believe it's your attitude that's crappy! So, why did you want to work in a Nursing Home anyway? I'd give ANYTHING to!! Your hearts not in it. You need to work away from the care of people in need!! It's people like you I witnessed in Nursing Homes neglecting the elderly. That's when I realized my passion was to care for the elderly. Shame on you. Get a job that dosnt involve caring for people, or animals for that matter. SHAME!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

JimeJmzJubert in Tampa, Florida

44 months ago

WHY YOU CANT GET HIRED AS A C.N.A.
First most health care companies, including hospitals, know that
a new C.N.A. dont last more that 6 months, before they quit to
persue other ventures. The job is extremely challenging: heavy lifting,(lifting,human beings in and out of bed/chair,or lifting body
parts,or turning, for extended perioud of time 8hrs,10hrs,12hr shifts.) cleaning (fecal,vomit,wound care, body fluids,personal hygene, where the smell is disgusting.) Mental and emotion stability,
(being able to keep your cool under adverse condition, especially
with problematic patients.)
The other side of the coin is having to deal with the nurses and
doctors, that are extremely demanding, wanting things now, when
you re overwhelmed with work. Can you work well under a pressure
cooker environment?
Emergency situations, you have to be proficient as working as a team member, when a Code goes down.
Passing the Certification is simple, mastering what you need to
know to get hired is another thing.
I had ZERO experience as a Certfied Nurses Aid. How I got it was
to offer my services free, with donations for expenses, if they
wished to donate something. This got my foot in the door, usually
the people I took care of had a home health nurse come to their
home. I would offer my services to the nurse (at 10 bucks an hour)
(the nurse is making 40 bucks a visit) so when I did all the activities of daily living for her, all she had to do was pass out
meds, and do an assesment, and she was out the door in 15 minutes,
making 30 bucks for 15 minuets of work., and me getting 10. Win Win situation. Built good relationship with the patient and the
nurse, and got them to give me a write up, and a refernce. This
opened up a lot of doors, and got me a great high paying hospital
job. YOU MUST GIVE OF YOURSELF FIRST BEFORE YOU RECIEVE BENEFITS.
Think of it like farming, you must toil first before reaping the
rewards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ArizonaC.N.A in Phoenix, Arizona

44 months ago

So compltely confused as to why people have to apply to jobs and company will not atleast call them back and say "sorry but not at this time"I have been a C.N.A for 4 years and currantly work in ltc/snf in acute care but have applied at a hospital for multiple jobs as a c.n.a along with a resume and 4 years of experience in long term care,acute care,and mental health and no one will even call back.If you are a new c.n.a nursing homes are pretty much the only places a new c.n.a can really get a job if you dont have connections or home health care companies will hire new c.n.a's;The best thing you can do is go in apply and go through the yellow pages and calling them most times they will tell you what they need and if they are hiring.Good luck to all the new C.N.A's out there it is a great job to have but take good care of yourself it is a very hard job to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ruth in Springfield, Missouri

44 months ago

Wendy in Daytona Beach in Atlanta, Georgia said: That's a shame. I believe it's your attitude that's crappy! So, why did you want to work in a Nursing Home anyway? I'd give ANYTHING to!! Your hearts not in it. You need to work away from the care of people in need!! It's people like you I witnessed in Nursing Homes neglecting the elderly. That's when I realized my passion was to care for the elderly. Shame on you. Get a job that dosnt involve caring for people, or animals for that matter. SHAME!!!!

And her training was even free! What gratitude she shows. How many unemployed people would love to have free training for a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lindsay

44 months ago

Wendy in Daytona Beach in Atlanta, Georgia said: That's a shame. I believe it's your attitude that's crappy! So, why did you want to work in a Nursing Home anyway? I'd give ANYTHING to!! Your hearts not in it. You need to work away from the care of people in need!! It's people like you I witnessed in Nursing Homes neglecting the elderly. That's when I realized my passion was to care for the elderly. Shame on you. Get a job that dosnt involve caring for people, or animals for that matter. SHAME!!!!

You're a fool. Just because someone doesn't particularly like the CNA job doesn't mean that he/she hates people or animals. There are plenty of fulfilling ways to make a difference and help others. We just feel that being a CNA isn't the ideal way. So very bloody sorry that we don't agree with your snooty, butt-wiping CNA ways.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

amelia

44 months ago

Ruth in Springfield, Missouri said: And her training was even free! What gratitude she shows. How many unemployed people would love to have free training for a job!

So what if the the training is free? It's not like the job is difficult to learn. It's like the healthcare equivalent of McDonald's. So to hell with your guilt trip. If you care so much (which I seriously doubt), then why don't you provide free training for the unemployed? Or are you too busy trying to shame other CNAs and kiss up to the patients, families, and administration?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Lindsay said: You're a fool. Just because someone doesn't particularly like the CNA job doesn't mean that he/she hates people or animals. There are plenty of fulfilling ways to make a difference and help others. We just feel that being a CNA isn't the ideal way. So very bloody sorry that we don't agree with your snooty, butt-wiping CNA ways.

Perhaps I was a bit harsh.And as for other caring jobs..I was only refering to "Nursing Homes". She should have known what to expect if she was training for any nursing home job. I mean really. Who said she was going to walk into a patients room and expect to smell flowers and maybe wipe a nose or two? These elderly I'm sure don't enjoy having someone "butt-wipe" them, as you so quaintly put it. THEY NEED SOMEONE TO DO IT FOR THEM! Poor dears.It's not a crappy job..it's a selfless job. I hope someones there to wipe your butt when your unable to make it to the bathroom in time because you misplaced your walker due to your ageing brain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Ruth in Springfield, Missouri said: And her training was even free! What gratitude she shows. How many unemployed people would love to have free training for a job!

Agreed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

amelia said: So what if the the training is free? It's not like the job is difficult to learn. It's like the healthcare equivalent of McDonald's. So to hell with your guilt trip. If you care so much (which I seriously doubt), then why don't you provide free training for the unemployed? Or are you too busy trying to shame other CNAs and kiss up to the patients, families, and administration?

I suppose your a CNA rather than working at McDonalds because the uniform is cuter? I was wondering why there were so many CNAs who hate their job...because it was so "easy to learn" and you get a title other than "Can I take your order?" Then you complain. It's scary to think of nurses put in the care of elderly when they can care less about their job. No guilt here.. just concerned about the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.