This is how you transfer your CNA from state to state

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 73)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

ramiro in Sherwood, Oregon

75 months ago

i am cna. in oregon and i want to move to hawaii..
is my licence good there ?
can i wokr there thanks for your help.
hope i will find a job ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (698) / No (102) Reply - Report abuse

becky in Kansas City, Missouri

73 months ago

What do they usually charge to transfer your cna license from one state to another... or to be retested or whatever they do?? i would like to move from kansas to missouri.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (371) / No (39) Reply - Report abuse

Potter in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

73 months ago

call the CNA certification office in the state u want to move to and they will let u know what u need to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (90) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Jeanette Mo in Staten Island, New York

71 months ago

ramiro in Sherwood, Oregon said: i am cna. in oregon and i want to move to hawaii..
is my licence good there ?
can i wokr there thanks for your help.
hope i will find a job ..

Hi, I am currently certified in NY state as a CNA & am relocating to Hawaii in less than two months. How do I apply for reciprocity? I welcome any contact info or numbers. I have been given the run around from NY & HI CNA registry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (122) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel Weeks in Shady Point, Oklahoma

70 months ago

I want to move to california and would like to know if my Oklahoma cna license would transfer to califoria. Would I have to retest in California?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

corina guachichullca in Bohemia, New York

70 months ago

I move to holbrook ny and Iwould like to know how to transfer my cunneticut to new york. do I have to take again th curse? thank you for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

corrina in holbrook, New York

70 months ago

Hi, I had just move to holbrook, NY. I been a CNA for the las four years and now I would like to konw how can I transfer my Certification as Assitan Aid to New York. an how much time take.
thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

MISSEY

69 months ago

IM MOVING FROM OKLAHOMA TO NEW ORLEANS WOULD I HAVE TO GET RECERTIVED WHEN I GET TO NEW ORLEANS AND HOW MUCH WILL IT COST

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Marlo in San Antonio, Texas

65 months ago

I am moving to Phoenix, Az. and would like to know how do I go about transferring my cert to this state. Is there an office I can write to to get the info I need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina Jacques in Hodgenville, Kentucky

65 months ago

I got my certification in Kentucky and trasfered it to Mississippi in 2007. But I have now moved back to Kentucky & I want to transfer it back to Kentucky. How do I go about doing that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

freemanlatonia@yahoo.com in Omaha, Nebraska

65 months ago

i just wanted to know if i could tranfer my cna from omaha nebraska to milwaukee wisconsin cause i want to move there real soon but i want to get me a cna job there first so i can get me a house up there also so thats why i wanted to know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Donna Brown in Columbia, Illinois

64 months ago

I have a CNA license in Illinois and would like to get one in Missouri.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Lacy in Madison, Wisconsin

64 months ago

does anyone know what I have to do to transfer my cna lescense from oklahoma to wisconsin?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

PRC in New York, New York

64 months ago

I am relocating to hawaii and have my cna and ekg phlibotomy how can i convert if so what is the difference from new york to hawaii and how much is the pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

64 months ago

I'd call the state licensing board

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kea in Grand Prairie, Texas

63 months ago

I am from Baltimore,MD. and I want to know is my cna good in Texas and how do I change it over if so.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

GemmaRooney in Jefferson, Iowa

63 months ago

I live here in Iowa but my husband and I are moving to Maine I am a certified nurses aid how can I trasfer my certifecion from Iowa to Maine do I have to take the test? where do I go if I have to take again?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Kea in Plano, Texas

63 months ago

What I had to do here in Texas was call the Board of Nursing and they directed me to the Nurse Aide Department by giving me the number. Once I called they sent me the info. I needed to transfer my certification from MD. to Texas it takes a week or two but it's worth the wait. Try calling that state board of nursing they should help you get all the info. you need to transfer. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kea in Plano, Texas

63 months ago

Potter in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I am a CNA in OK., I am moving to Maryland..
What I need to know is, is my licence good there?
I moved here from IN. and my licence transfered from there to here.
I am hoping that they will also transfer Maryland.

You will just call or go on line to the MD.Board of Nursing it takes no time to do and you can get a job asap in MD.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

cainesp01 in New York, New York

63 months ago

Thanks for the information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

thank you for your info where can I get that numbers? my husband he is out there already hope to hear from you again

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

63 months ago

I like your web site it has lots of good information thank you hope to keep it up it help us those have worries of our job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

april_b in Muskogee, Oklahoma

62 months ago

Hi would any of you know how to look up to find your name on the website for you c.n.a license cuase I am needing some help I have a kansas c.n.a license and i got a oklahoma one from job corps and well i lost my oklahoma license and i need to find my number to see if i can still work as a c.n.a in oklahoma or if i need to take the whole class over please let me know ty.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

truehart in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

rebeccacuevas1@yahoo.com in Tacoma, Washington said: I have a CNA certificate from California. I also have one for Phlebotomist and I want to know what are the requirements to work in Washington. Do I have to retest or can I transfer my lecenses here? What can be done and where do I go?

I transffered my cna from mn to washington it was real easy to do go online to the department of health in washington it will tell you exactly what you need to do to transfer your certification and it costs forty dollars. hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

truehart in Las Vegas, Nevada

62 months ago

april_b in Muskogee, Oklahoma said: Hi would any of you know how to look up to find your name on the website for you c.n.a license cuase I am needing some help I have a kansas c.n.a license and i got a oklahoma one from job corps and well i lost my oklahoma license and i need to find my number to see if i can still work as a c.n.a in oklahoma or if i need to take the whole class over please let me know ty.

go online t o the oklahoma nursing registry it will ask you to type in your license number if you dont have it thats ok it will look you up by name. most certifications are only good for one to two years depends on the state if you have not worked as a cna in more then two years they will make you retest you don't have to take the class just the test. hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

sylvia quiles in Brooklyn, New York

60 months ago

I live in brooklyn, ny and I want to relocate to NC. Can I use my CNA Certification there or do I have to retake the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Quiana in Woodbridge, Virginia

60 months ago

OK, uuh... where do you actually find the answers to all these questions??? This web-site isn't very helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

walker68144 in Wallingford, Connecticut

59 months ago

I live in Nebraska and I was wondering how do you transfer my CNA and Medication Aide license to Texas. Im having trouble finding a website to help me, if anyone knows let me know. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jenny Henson in Falls City, Nebraska

59 months ago

I live in Nebraska and want to transfer my CNA license to Kansa, how do I do this. I have had my license since June 4, 2009.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leah Roers in Lakeville, Minnesota

58 months ago

Im currently in school to becoming a cna. i take my state exam march 11th, then im moving to georgia march 25th. i havent worked in a nursing home other than in school. Will i have to test again when i get down there or will they let me transfer it right away

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

modestus ovia in Tulsa, Oklahoma

58 months ago

relocating to new york, what should i do to transfer my CNA from oklahoma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

sid in Norton, Kansas

58 months ago

Jenny Henson in Falls City, Nebraska said: I live in Nebraska and want to transfer my CNA license to Kansa, how do I do this. I have had my license since June 4, 2009.

nebraska license does not transfer to kansas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rosales in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

58 months ago

where do i need to go to change my CNA license from texas to oklahoma

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anita ellzey in Saginaw, Michigan

58 months ago

Hello, I am a Certified Nurses Assistant in the state of Michigan and Illinois and I would like to know if my licenses are any good in the state of Houston Texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

walker68144 in San Antonio, Texas

58 months ago

Hi I just transfer my license from Nebraska and it went through ok. It takes about 4 weeks to transfer it. Contact them right away to get the transfer in motion. Have anymore question ask away. I know the CNA licences goes through Austin.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Paulette in Baltimore, Maryland

57 months ago

Hi can a CNA license done in New Jersey be used in Baltimore?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

murphy in Arapahoe,ne in Arapahoe, Nebraska

57 months ago

I have my certification for medication aid and i moved to nebraska from missouri. How can transfer my certification?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

seniam in Wheaton, Illinois

56 months ago

anita ellzey in Saginaw, Michigan said: Hello, I am a Certified Nurses Assistant in the state of Michigan and Illinois and I would like to know if my licenses are any good in the state of Houston Texas?

I'm looking into getting certified in Michigan but would possibly want to work in Illinois in the near future. Do you know how to transfer between those two states?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

KimKay in Scottsdale, Arizona

56 months ago

Hello, I am holding a Florida CNA certification and want to transfer it to work in Arizona. I am current with it only need to recertify my CPR which is easy to do. I would like to know how to get the AZ transfer.
Thank you in advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amylynn in Rock Falls, Illinois

55 months ago

i just finished my c.n.a courses in illinois, and i will get certified on june 17th. however, i am moving to hawaii on july 6th. how do i get certified in hawaii?!

mrsquwan1

53 months ago

I want to move to oklahoma I am trying to do this as soon as I can
can. I need more info on how I can get this done.

keykey in Saint Petersburg, Florida

52 months ago

I want to trasfer my license from florida to maryland and washington dc what do i need to do first.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

robersonmarina@hotmail.com in Baltimore, Maryland

51 months ago

can you transfere maryland cna to california

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy Jean Nebel in Warwick, New York

51 months ago

I am looking to take my certification from TN where I did not work as I only was there for a month and bring it back to NY where I received it. What do I have to do? What number do I call for application and how much is it to transfer? Do I have to pay to transfer it even though I started in NY and never worked in TN?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

valn in Bronx, New York

48 months ago

do you have to do the state board test after getting a recipricity for ny

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jay in Wahiawa, Hawaii

47 months ago

amylynn in Rock Falls, Illinois said: i just finished my c.n.a courses in illinois, and i will get certified on june 17th. however, i am moving to hawaii on july 6th. how do i get certified in hawaii?!

hi.... have anyone help you out yet??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Salem, Oregon

47 months ago

Hi, I just moved to Oregon in Sept. 2010. I had to pay $132.00 to get my Oregon C.N.A. license. Plus put in an application with 400 hrs under a nurse. I drove to Portland Oregon were the Board of Nursing is for Oregon & handed my application in personally & waited 2 weeks and looked on line and there was my licence. U also have to go to have a finger printing done at the state police office but u pay for that out of the $132.00. I would go on line now and to the oregon Board of Nursing and get the phone number and call them and have them to send u the application and get started on it right away.

Thanks,
Sabrina C.N.A

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Troy in Mcpherson, Kansas

47 months ago

Are you saying that at my current job I need to get 400 hours recorded under a nurse before I can achieve a CNA license in Oregon?

Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ms lazell in Chicago, Illinois

46 months ago

im trying to move to another state i live in illinoise i need to no do i have to recertify in order to work in atl,minnisota,missori

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.