how to take cna classes without a highschool diploma or ged

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (31)

liza link 9 @yahoo.com in Granite Falls, North Carolina

80 months ago

thanks for all the wonderful questions ,i was thinkin i had not chance in this feild,wish u all the best n thanks again susan !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (119) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Chicago, Illinois

79 months ago

where can i go to take some training to become a cna

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (145) / No (33) Reply - Report abuse

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina

77 months ago

Susan in Kinston, North Carolina said: You cant be a CNA In NC without GED. Its too late for your HS Diploma I presume, but GED classes are free. You used to be able to "grandfather" in but those days are over. So just go back and get your GED. Sometimes all you have to do is take a test and not even classes. You may be able to be a PCA meanwhile, but neither CNA nor PCA pays very well. I know I've been one for a long time ( I have an assocoaites degree) and now I am going back for my LPN. Best of luck in your endeavors-

This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (151) / No (37) Reply - Report abuse

mom of 2

70 months ago

Does anyone know of a way to get a CNA in ohio without a High School Diploma or GED?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (194) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

bkelton22@*****.*** in Dallas, Texas

68 months ago

Hi there,

There's a test you have to do its called a Comprehensive skill
test, you can look on line to see if a school will print it off for you, let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jas Singh in Hawthorne, California

65 months ago

I would like to know where I can take the GED class and testing or if you can help me find a school where they do not require your GED or dipoma for CNA class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (67) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

tina in Princeton, North Carolina

60 months ago

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

wat about ur ged, im goin to sign up to start my ged tommorrow, but was thinkin bout takin the cna class too, but wasnt sure if i needed my ged first in order to get my cna certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ambrosia in Louisville, Kentucky

50 months ago

im in louisville ky and i dont have a ged where can i go to take cna classes at/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

pattinsonstrauss in Chicago

50 months ago

A CNA certification doesn't require a diploma, but advancement in the medical field past the CNA certification generally does, so you'll want to have the GED so you can be accepted into medical colleges later on. The GED also shows you are committed to learning and will look better on your resume than nothing when you try to find CNA work.

<a href=www.sandfordhighschool.com/>ged online</a>

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

olivia bennett in Flint, Michigan

49 months ago

does anyone know if you have to have a highschool or ged to be a cena in flint mi. i wanna know cuz i wanna take classes but i dont know if i can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

info@*****.*** in Taylorsville, North Carolina

47 months ago

The test is $101.00 if you pay online. A paper application costs an additional $20.00 if you pay by mail. There lots of CNA training options and in your area I believe there are a couple of fast track ones as well. There is one or two in Charlotte, one in Gastonia, and one at Indian Trail.

Our training (CNA QUICK!) is in Hickory, NC and includes 44 hours of hands on skills training for your State skills evaluation. You have to study some on your own for the written portion of the test. Total price is $349.00 which includes everything but the cost of the State test ($101.00). We offer a payment plan!

Hopes that helps and Good Luck!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Micheal in Durham, North Carolina

47 months ago

We offer CNA Refresher course training in Durham NC and you do not need a HS diploma.
It is one of the most fulfilling job with great pay that you can find and dont need a degree. Call or visit our website for more information.

nine one nine six eight zero. four three seven seven

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maryralston in Austin, Texas

47 months ago

533 in Charlotte, North Carolina said: This is NOT TURE!! I have CNA License and I DO NOT have a high school diplomam and I live in NC.

i live in kansas city kansas and i dont have a hs dipolma or ged and i was wondering about getting classes for my cna license

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Matthews, North Carolina

46 months ago

where did you get certified at? i am almost threw with my ged i am on my last test it is math.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

info@*****.*** in Taylorsville, North Carolina

46 months ago

cristy in Matthews, North Carolina said: where did you get certified at? i am almost threw with my ged i am on my last test it is math.

There are a number of testing centers throughout the State. A STATE Approved CNA course is not required; however, some training is beneficial in passing the exam and learning what your job requires. There are a couple of options near you in Charlotte for CNA programs I believe. Our program is in Hickory, NC at www.cnaquick.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cristy in Indian Trail, North Carolina

46 months ago

thank you very much i will look n 2 it!

megan in Princeton, Missouri

42 months ago

i wanna be a cna im a na now but dont have ged or anything someone please help me i love my job i live in mo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

andrewrobbins93 in Indianapolis, Indiana

34 months ago

hi my name is andrew robbins and i was wanting to learn how to become a CNA this is my grandmothers email address.........my add is andrewrobbins93@gmail.com if anyone has time to explain how i can get enroled in classes will u please send me a email. thank you i also live in the state of I.N.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jay in Austin, Texas

30 months ago

I am intrested in becoming a CNA but I am in Texas... Is there training programs here that don't require diploma or ged? if so please inform me on this thread!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

hector01 in Bronx, New York

30 months ago

Hi everyone, My girlfriend wanted to know if you can take the CNA exam in new york state without doing the coursework yet. She wanted to get the course outline and study it using books from the library and medical books she already has. Is this possible. Please let me know. Your comments are appreciated.

marianievolella in Imperial Beach, California

19 months ago

Where in NC did you go to school I wanna study cna but I dont have diploma andbits it free?

roserossy in Carson, California

18 months ago

I was wondering if I can get any help by anyone giving me information regarding to being a CNA .. I'm currently living in wilmington cali and I don't have my high school yet I'm currently working on that still anyone know where I can go that won't need my high school or Ged yet?? I would appreciate it thanks ..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KIVA JACOBS in Toledo, Ohio

13 months ago

mom of 2 said: Does anyone know of a way to get a CNA in ohio without a High School Diploma or GED?

YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE A GED OR DIPLOMA TO BECOME A CNA OR EVEN A STNA.YOU CAN GO TO SCHOOL AND GET CERTIFIED AND GO TO AGENCIES AND ALMOST 98% WILL HIRE YOU.....GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debjohns37 in Yonkers, New York

10 months ago

KRG in Concord, North Carolina said: So You dont have to have a GED or HS Diploma to get a CNA I was trying go find out where i need to go get my CNA and how much is it to take the test.

Expressing.com is closing down at the end of May I just got off the phone with the owner if you want to do the class you better do it now.

Mike in Durham, North Carolina

10 months ago

There are ongoing classes in Durham NC. 680dash4377 .com/cna1 is the internet address and telephone number. The area code is 919. The next class is scheduled for April 4th and 5th. Replace the word dash with an actual dash.

Liz in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

10 months ago

Those are all great options. For a longer list of options, feel free to check out www.findcnaclasses.com/state/north-carolina-nc/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

cathy

9 months ago

I want to know if there are any places where I ,live where you can take training without a diploma

CNA1 Refresher Class in Franklin, North Carolina

9 months ago

Where do you live. You can take a refresher course in Durham without a diploma.

chantel in Atlanta, Georgia

6 months ago

Does anyone know if Georgia allows you to take cna classes with out a hs diploma..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Renee

5 months ago

Good companies check your school background, desperate low paying C.N.A jobs dont care. So legally You should not be a C.N.A without a diploma in N.C. It is done but its unfortunate to the C.N.A that have actually worked to obtain a degree or who are pursuing future education. This is why most feel aides are uneducated and lack common sense. Dont cut corners get a G.E.D or diploma and keep going. You are worth more than that job that let u slide without a diploma. No benefits or retirement plan that life will really suck when your old.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Durham, North Carolina

5 months ago

Whoever wrote this is an idiot and is trying to get poor people to remain poor and jobless. There is no cutting corners here....On The Job training is better than any classroom. Please get a job by any means necessary and let the idiots keep on talking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.