Setting offsets

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Steve in Fayetteville, Georgia

61 months ago

how do you set the offsets when starting with raw material? (steel)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

markporter1955@charter.net in Duncan, South Carolina

59 months ago

Steve in Fayetteville, Georgia said: how do you set the offsets when starting with raw material? (steel)
steve,measure the raw material first to be sure that it is inspec. to print, or control plan. Then touch off the part and move your handwheel back ,if equiped with one ,and dry run the part,to see if the program is correct.Then start making adjustment.Move at least 0.100 thousants back of a in. if you are working from a standard mach.Then start feeding yhe offsets in .If you are working with hydrl. chucks as I do then mark the part and measure it to find your size. I mostly turn round parts. Hope this may have been some help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

markporter1955@charter.net in Duncan, South Carolina

59 months ago

markporter1955@charter.net in Duncan, South Carolina said: steve,measure the raw material first to be sure that it is inspec. to print, or control plan. Then touch off the part and move your handwheel back ,if equiped with one ,and dry run the part,to see if the program is correct.Then start making adjustment.Move at least 0.100 thousants back of a in. if you are working from a standard mach.Then start feeding yhe offsets in .If you are working with hydrl. chucks as I do then mark the part and measure it to find your size. I mostly turn round parts. Hope this may have been some help.
I already did add my quote, MP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.