What do you enjoy most about your CNC Operator career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a CNC Operator? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

spanky in Las Vegas, Nevada

60 months ago

Its a sucky job, it very tedious time consuming and repetitive. the only part that isn't mind numbing is set-up, which can be challenging and difficult. the pay is mediocre and for the most part upper-managment are all a bunch of dicks. the only thing that keeps me at my job is my paychecks, Honestly i don't know what else i could do to make $18 an hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jim in White Haven, Pennsylvania

47 months ago

spanky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Its a sucky job, it very tedious time consuming and repetitive. the only part that isn't mind numbing is set-up, which can be challenging and difficult. the pay is mediocre and for the most part upper-managment are all a bunch of dicks. the only thing that keeps me at my job is my paychecks, Honestly i don't know what else i could do to make $18 an hour.

jim i agree about the set up statment production sucks and you can never give them enough but set is fun for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

exodus in Los BaƱos, Philippines

46 months ago

spanky in Las Vegas, Nevada said: Its a sucky job, it very tedious time consuming and repetitive. the only part that isn't mind numbing is set-up, which can be challenging and difficult. the pay is mediocre and for the most part upper-managment are all a bunch of dicks. the only thing that keeps me at my job is my paychecks, Honestly i don't know what else i could do to make $18 an hour.

i dont enjoy this career anymore..at first there's the thirst for challenge but when you're doing it for almost 10years...well its boring...besides our pay here cost only $2 an hour for a cad/cam designer/programmer/operator....$18 an hour is good for me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cayman island Cnc in Cayman Islands

41 months ago

exodus in Los Baños, Philippines said: i dont enjoy this career anymore..at first there's the thirst for challenge but when you're doing it for almost 10years...well its boring...besides our pay here cost only $2 an hour for a cad/cam designer/programmer/operator....$18 an hour is good for me...

Have you worked on Weeke cnc before . we are looking for staff in the cayman islands for our custom woodworking shop and need a cnc programmer and operator.
Let us know at gwi@candw.ky

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.