One Stop Wedding Planning-- Looking for feedback

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Lindaaugusta in Oak Park, Illinois

72 months ago

Dear Cake Decorators,

I'm looking to put together a shared boutique in downtown Oak Park, IL that offers one stop shopping and guidance for brides-to-be--a wedding central, if you will. Newly engaged couples can come in, look at cake decorators, florists, caterers, limo companies, hotels, alterers, etc. if there is a company that catches their eye, they can talk to our receptionist and she will make an appointment with the professional and client. Then, in the case of a cake decorator you could bring in more pictures and perhaps a sampling for your meeting, which can take place in our shared boutique conference space. In addition to having a display book with pictures of your wedding cakes and contact information, the space could also be a full service shared business environment for you with access to fax, phone, email, and conferece space for meetings. We would also offer the opportunity for professionals to have a display. In addition to the boutique, we would have a web site which would feature links to your own sites and advertising for your business--much like other wedding web sites. I am looking for feedback from professionals - how much interest do you think professionals would have in something like this, how much would a service like this be worth to you....$100/month, $200/month, etc, and what would some of your concerns be or what would you like to see in the way of services that we can offer to make this a better service for you? Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

professional cake decorator in Camden, New Jersey

52 months ago

I'v been doing this for 15yrs.I am very interested, I think its a very good idea. I talked with a woman about this very same thing afew months ago. I really hope ur the same person she was talking about I hope you get were your going with this great idea.I just started my own home basic bussiness. I do all cakes from one layer 10in rounds to five tier wedding cakes. The orders I been getting lately are the 3D cakes; sneakers, spongebob,building, topsy, etc... Its a fun bussiness congratulations, this will work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.