The best part is...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about cake decorator work? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance? What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

samantha in Toronto, Ontario

85 months ago

The thing i enjoy most about decorating is the versatility of it. You can do almost anything with decorating and impress people with different designs and ideas. The thing i don't like is that its hard to come across a well paying job. It is challenging sometimes but thats the fun in it. You get to do what other people don't have the skill of and create beautiful masterpieces. The downer though is that they all get demolished in the end! :P

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cakelady in Royalton, Illinois

73 months ago

I love the opportunity I have to create fun and beautiful cakes. It is a great outlet for my artistic talents. I have my own business through the internet for local delivery and have a LOT of freedom to do things the way I want to.

Dislikes- The occasional unreasonable customer (but you get that with any business.) I really hate what it is doing to my hands. They hurt really bad a night. Its like holding hot lava sometimes.

There are never-ending opportunities for improvement. Magazines, internet forums, TV, classes, your imagination... the new possibilities are endless.

The thing that keeps me at my job is the appreciation I get from people when the get their cake. The wide-eyed ooooohs and aaaaaahs are addictive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.