Top campus recruiter skills needed to get the job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

What are the top 3 traits or skills every campus recruiter must have to excel?

Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your campus recruiter expertise?

Reply - Report abuse

Ben Foster (fahrenHEIGHT360) in Saint Paul, Minnesota

72 months ago

From my experience thus far, I have found these skills/traits indispensable. Let me know your thoughts (bfoster@fahrenheight360.com).

1) Knowledgeable with today's social media: facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, blogging AND able to relate to and create comfort in candidates while using them. This means honoring that they are in fact on these websites purely for social reasons, while also realizing how they can be open to professional networking.

2) Knowledge of academics from a teaching/staff perspective. This enables relationships with campus faculty/staff and career centers. If you can have an enjoyable discussion about liberal arts and business programs, curriculum development, different majors, student lifestyles, relating to "Gen Y" etc. that will carry much weight in establishing and maintaining valuable campus relationships.

3) As with any recruiting gig, sales training and high respect and a genuine interest for all involved (candidates, campuses, clients).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.