Out of work, big surprise

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

madwranglertj in Rockland, Massachusetts

48 months ago

I have been out of work for the better part of 2 years! I completed my Apprenticeship in New England, as well as graduated from Wentworth institute of Tech with an associates in Construction management, I am going back to work on my Bachelors next week. SOme how I have perservered, and shown strength where others might have buckled, I say this because ontop of financial stuggles of these last 2 years I lost my 3 year old daughter Elizabeth to a rare inopperable brain tumor back in aug 2009. Yet through all this I continues to try and focus on my career, and yet I have nothing to show for it, except frustration, depression and stacks of bills. I need help, anyone anywhere, if you can give me some leads, I am willing to do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

hammers75 in Middletown, Connecticut

34 months ago

Your best bet is to go nonunion for a while because unions got work but not enough to go around

journeyman carpenter 525 in Cedar Springs, Michigan

33 months ago

hammers75 in Middletown, Connecticut said: Your best bet is to go nonunion for a while because unions got work but not enough to go around

It is NEVER a good idea to go nonunion. Contact your local hall or any other union local halls where you would be willing to travel to work, and consult with them. They will point you in the right direction, or who knows maybe put you right to work.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.