The Stimulus: How to Create Jobs Without Them All Going to Skilled Professionals and White Male Construction Workers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Tiny in Danielson, Connecticut

80 months ago

I'm an under employed carpenter. I have managed to work just enough to keep the truck, the tools, the house and the dog fed without taking unemployment. Now the President's economic adviser Robert Reich on his blog (robertreich.blospot.com 2-08-09 ) says jobs in construction should not go to the skilled but to long term unemployed (lazy) and minorities. Doesn't anyone realize what all those Mexican's were doing here ? So now the gov wants to build bridges with lazy and unskilled workers. They want to let these people in to your homes to make them more energy efficient. The people who couldn't keep jobs at McDonald's or were here illegally.

It's time these bailouts ended the first went to the fat bankers that caused this mess and the second is going to those on the opposite end of the socioeconomic strata. Me? My taxes and my kids taxes and their kids taxes will be paying for this. But, we're used to paying our way.

I saw somewhere a group is sending a tea bag to their congressmen to protest the bailouts. No taxation without representation. I'll send a virtual one to my congressman.

Good luck everyone I think we're going to need it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Pinellas Park, Florida

74 months ago

Tiny in Danielson, Connecticut said: I'm an under employed carpenter. I have managed to work just enough to keep the truck, the tools, the house and the dog fed without taking unemployment. Now the President's economic adviser Robert Reich on his blog (robertreich.blospot.com 2-08-09 ) says jobs in construction should not go to the skilled but to long term unemployed (lazy) and minorities. Doesn't anyone realize what all those Mexican's were doing here ? So now the gov wants to build bridges with lazy and unskilled workers. They want to let these people in to your homes to make them more energy efficient. The people who couldn't keep jobs at McDonald's or were here illegally.

It's time these bailouts ended the first went to the fat bankers that caused this mess and the second is going to those on the opposite end of the socioeconomic strata. Me? My taxes and my kids taxes and their kids taxes will be paying for this. But, we're used to paying our way.

I saw somewhere a group is sending a tea bag to their congressmen to protest the bailouts. No taxation without representation. I'll send a virtual one to my congressman.

Good luck everyone I think we're going to need it.

thank you for everything you said in this letter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tom in Chula Vista, California

73 months ago

Bingo!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.