Union Journeyman Carpenter Looking for Work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 605)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

machineguns in Watertown, New York

30 months ago

Both of you are wrong. Its been a collective effort in the destruction of this country through all the self interest motivated decisions that have finally created a mess at the right time and in the right place here in the United States. The Republicans, Democrats, its every single politician that creates a bill, signs it or supports it so that their own pockets ultimately get lined whether its directly or through them garnering support for their next election. To blame Bush, Obama who are merely figureheads in front of the true destroyers of this country is like blaming me for the whole job falling behind schedule, its a pathetic attempt to secure an answer and for what? No good will come of it. Even this union is the same........rotate these out of work men and stop with the few that retain work year round without getting a taste of life's reality. Fairness for all is what this country needs and this union......not just the few that are in someones pockets.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sirfranky in Puyallup, Washington

30 months ago

The contract is what we live by. Our Union negotiates this with the contractors. The agreement is the contractor has sole discretion on hiring and firing. there will not be a manpower rotation unless the contractors agree to it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

khairston in Phoenix, Arizona

30 months ago

As i stated before. Be it as it may, The question is what are you doing to help your local union make the best of circumstances, and to bring back the work to our fellow members. We can point the finger at whoever seems convenient but we are the members in the union and ultimately the responsibility falls on us. Not the BA's, not the president, or the government, but us, the hard working union, dues paying, skilled, trained professional, carpenters. When times change, as they always do, its up to us to adapt, and survive. We may need new leadership, maybe new business tactics, its different depending on the unique issues that your local union is facing...

kjhairston in Phoenix, Arizona

30 months ago

I also think that as far as the case in arizona goes, alot of journeyman out here are making us look bad. This is partly why contractors dont want to hire us. You got these guys that just walk in and buy there status as journeyman. Get called out to a job and dont know what the hell they are doing. Then you got people who are just looking for an easy ride and think that they can be union and get by with all the benefits but have no skill, riding on the coat tails of others. I dont know how these people got away with it so long but we need to clean house from the inside out. I dont know about you but I am a Union Carpenter Journeyman Professional. I earned every penny on the dollar the hard way. I went through my apprenticeship, so for so many contractors to say that my status dont mean much, is very upsetting. I take my craft seriously and take great pride in my work. I dont know everything but am good at learning and at what I learned thus far how to do. What happened to union carpenters holding a status of pride and craftsmanship, we are suppose to stand out from the rest. Our skills, our pride, our training, and certifications are suppose to make contractors see why they should be investing in our unions. I think we may have too many bad apples in our members that make it hard for the rest of us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

reticrick@aol.com in Toledo, Ohio

30 months ago

dana everhart in Vincennes, Indiana said: need 500 scaffold carpenters....NOW

Indiana and Washington

Hello Dana. I'm interested in these scaffold jobs. I've heard Washington has a couple of big jobs starting. The oil refinery and the military ship. I've been an union carpenter since 1996. Most of my career has focused on scaffold work. I am familiar with most scaffolding systems. I have worked with tube and clamp, cup-lock, safe-way system, Harsco's drop pin style, Excel as well as the Canadian Military system. Of course I have a current Scaffold card as well as my OSHA 30. I also have my TWIC card if needed. You can contact me anytime @ 734-799-789.

Sincerely,
Richard Mattox

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

reticrick@aol.com in Toledo, Ohio

30 months ago

Noticed I didn't enter the entire Phone contact. Perhaps email would be better anyway. Or if you are the employer you will be able to see all my contact info. anyway.

Sincerely,
Richard Mattox

Tim Kaber in Saint Peters, Missouri

30 months ago

dana everhart in Vincennes, Indiana said: need a job??...scaffold workers needed....Indiana and Washington state...looking for 500 carpenters

Im a union carpenter in st Louis MO. i have been doing scaffolding. At the Conoco Phillips plant in wood river il. And at the Lively grove power plant in Illinois. Ive worked for Safway, Bechtel, Cherny. I need a job.

greg z in West Sacramento, California

30 months ago

Yes carpentry is limited. I'm 26 years old I've been a carpenter my whole adult life I've done nothing else. I've dedicated many long hours to this trade. I truley enjoy being a union carpenter. Sure, I've been layed of for a brief period of time almost ever Christmas for the Last ten years. Things ate starting to look up for Californias infrastructure. My advice to anyone would be. Go take your OSHA 30 {your hall will reimburst you with completion) get all the certs you can. On huge multi million dollar projects certs ate critical to being a carpenter. I'm happy to say my job is secure now that I'm qualified to be on the job. So, for all those carpenters out of work go for broke, put in that extra effort, go out and get the right qualifications. I don't care if you've been a carpenter for 1000 years , CPR, OSHA, , confines spaces, fall protection, accident Prevention etc. are all vital for a well rounded valuable carpenter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

packer_rich in Elgin, Illinois

29 months ago

dana everhart in Vincennes, Indiana said: need a job??...scaffold workers needed....Indiana and Washington state...looking for 500 carpenters

I just finished a scaffold job at a nuke plant and I am looking for work. Please let me know how to apply. Scaffold card, 10 hr OSHA first aid, CPR, and AED trained.

local 217 journeyman carpenter in Richmond, California

28 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

You are not alone bro. If your colecting unemployment save as much you can. I ran out of unemployment, now I got nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hammers75 in Middletown, Connecticut

28 months ago

Is it still bad out there for union carpenters i know its not great just wanna here from some people on how the indusrtys doing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dana everhart in Vincennes, Indiana

28 months ago

great here...just left a job to pick up less hours so I can enjoy time off......

camaroz in Marion, Indiana

28 months ago

to hell with the union just got supervisor job with non union company the best thing i have done was get out of the union i hope all union fall apart bunch of a-- kissing peoples

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

edub in Las Vegas, Nevada

28 months ago

Been in the union since 81..need 700 he's to retire ..union says I. Have. To get hours in Vegas..youngsters stay away from this trade..its a joke..u can't buy a job right now.the only people working. R the scummy ba's

crowbar53 in Warren, Michigan

28 months ago

I hear ya' Was in Vegas during the boom 2004 to '07. Has Marnell- Corrao got work out there?? Good company to work for.
Been in since '87. Retire in 3 mo. Union sucks right now. Can't buy a job.

jennifer zimmerman wilson

28 months ago

bank robber soon in Los Angeles, California said: form carpenter for ten years. went through union apprenticeship to become journeyman. was a foreman for largo concrete inc. and mcclone construction . can do anything in concrete forming from footings,columns, walls, decks, beams, capitols, shoring, hanging forms, pick up and punchlist, form inspection, safety inspection,pre pour inspection qualified, accident free for ten years. looking for a home. please contact. folger@att.net

Hi are you in the lowermailland by chance we are looking for people to hire for our company if so inbox me please

John Davis in Fairdale, Kentucky

27 months ago

dana everhart in Vincennes, Indiana said: need 500 scaffold carpenters....NOW

Indiana and Washington

I am a 25 plus year union carpenter out of louisville who is looking for work. If you need scaffold builders please let me know.

chicago carpenter in Chicago, Illinois

27 months ago

John Davis in Fairdale, Kentucky said: I am a 25 plus year union carpenter out of louisville who is looking for work. If you need scaffold builders please let me know.

go to BP in whiting indiana

27 months ago

Thank you, I did call and they told me they weren't able to hire right now. If you know someone else I could speak with that would be very helpful.

27 months ago

Can you please tell me where the scaffold builders are needed please. I have been laid off and desparately need work. I live
in Kentucky and am willing to travel.

carpenter in Roselle, Illinois

27 months ago

Our local claims there is plenty of work @ the bp plant in Indiana 40 miles from Chicago. You might want to contact Chicago Carpenter`s local # 181.

Out Of Work Lather

27 months ago

There is no jobs because of all the illegal immigrants in the LOCAL 9083 Fresno.....
Kick them all out untilk the have legal ststus,taht will put all of us back to work,

sundowner

27 months ago

the dude was typing in ahurry like i is. there are hard workers in all facets of life, and then theres the bums. theres the bosses that wont open the door when the little man is carrying the big screen in the trailer door by himself. because they is the boss. we carpenters are taking it any which way gov. employees are not. they hit 3 to 4 years of college, many now more than ever not paying it back, even though their stroking 100k to 150 k to 250 k per year. work from home, play on internet all day, work on yars and cars and generally have a real fin good time in life. i guess thats how they sleep, rich and happy, but its got to end. as any fool can see its just about wwiii.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sundowner

27 months ago

this is what weve waited for, this is it boys and girls, this it war, the president has shone the light, as 99 red baloons go by. tax to death, lose the money trail, often times just like any organization, and hope they get away with it. man all we want is to live and work but its tough. congressmen and women ought to work for free, all they want is the glory. maybe have things named after them. their souls wont make it to heaven, but their earthly egos are satisfied. well you all tighten up your bootstraps, stick out your chests, and no matter what else happens, keep smiling.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carpenter in Roselle, Illinois

27 months ago

Learn to write first then you might be able to get a job. That is why they hire us immigrants. In our country they teach us how to read and write. Along with working hard .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

jeryl Hemphill in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Looking for work in carpentry 2nd year apprentice if any one have any leads email me or call me need to find work been in the feild since 2007 finding only small jobs email jerylhemphill34@gmail.com thank u

jeryl Hemphill in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

jennifer zimmerman wilson said: Hi are you in the lowermailland by chance we are looking for people to hire for our company if so inbox me please

im from chicago ill looking for work in carpentry email is jerylhemphill34@gmail.com thank u hope u can help me

the kid in Red Bank, New Jersey

23 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

im hearing there is alot of work in the Carolina's iwas told they cant get enough carpenters but im in the same boat your in .I have been in business for 20 years and i have never seen anything like this its very scary.im in NJ.iam trying everything.

Cfbf55 in Aberdeen, North Carolina

20 months ago

28+ year union carpenter. Last 15 years in las Vegas. Did everything from heavy form work to high end custom finish work. Followed my wife to north Carolina for her job. I was told if I had my own truck, tools, insurance and workmans comp. They would pay me $11.00/hr! $18.00/hr to travel no perdiem no bennies! AND they spit on you if you mention the union! Will return back to Alaska for scaffold work in spring. Come to the Carolina's if you want to make minimum wage!

Mark Richards in Marquette, Michigan

20 months ago

Im looking for scaffold work myself Im out of UP of Michigan, no work around here Im willing to travel. Ive worked with most types of scaffold, anything around for work will do! Im out of local 1510, anything will be better than this situation that Alaska work sounds good for spring if anyone knows of a company please let me know. amynmark@charter.net thanks if you can.

machineguns in Watertown, New York

20 months ago

In these day and times, union work is off and on. I am relatively new to the union since moving here in 2007. I've seen folks getting and keeping jobs due to simply having friendships....others because of good work ethic. I'm sure you're going to see the reality of hiring for people willing to take less or sacrifice/breaking union rule and law. It is what it is today, people surviving. I start back to work tomorrow a month later, but it's very limited...a few weeks at best. Some people, including "wet backs" are doing what they have to do. True union leadership would change things, but we don't have it and its unlikely that we ever will. Remember they're not rocking the boat either to keep their jobs likely so. Best of luck to finding work, the economy still sucks and will stay this way in my opinion for some time to come. Where I came from in Tidewater, VA/Hampton roads the economy is no better...my former boss from there told me it's the worst he has ever seen and he started in the 1960's, his son running the business now has sold his shop and runs it out of his home. This is an area typically busy and still is, but the influx of folks from the south and everywhere are just taking what is available for work/profit for a legitimate company. This is everywhere probably with few exceptions. I don't have the answer, the stress of it all and the ex-wife taking me back to raise child support when I'm unemployed or about to be unemployed again is mentally crippling at times. Hang in there everyone and try to keep your minds focused on positive if possible.

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

20 months ago

Your lucky to have worked for anyone for 12 years... The Union is in the Crapper. The Contractors run the Union now. Give thanks to Doug and his cronies in Washington and across the country that enjoy mega pay and Bennies off folks like us ( Rank and File)our dues, while we go of the cliff. I call my benifits office now and they ask me to press 2 for Spanish! WTF!

adam ramirez in sullivan, Indiana

19 months ago

jennifer zimmerman wilson said: Hi are you in the lowermailland by chance we are looking for people to hire for our company if so inbox me please

not sure if my last message went through id love to tlk about a job. brennensdaddy@hotmail.com

adam ramirez in sullivan, Indiana

19 months ago

Mark Richards in Marquette, Michigan said: Im looking for scaffold work myself Im out of UP of Michigan, no work around here Im willing to travel. Ive worked with most types of scaffold, anything around for work will do! Im out of local 1510, anything will be better than this situation that Alaska work sounds good for spring if anyone knows of a company please let me know. amynmark@charter.net thanks if you can.

Im hearing alot about canada. had a few ppl i know go up there cold right now but the money is good. carpentersunion.org has some links to working there.

packer_rich in Elgin, Illinois

19 months ago

adam ramirez in sullivan, Indiana said: Im hearing alot about canada. had a few ppl i know go up there cold right now but the money is good. carpentersunion.org has some links to working there.

A lot of prerequisates for working in Canada. FBI report and passport. Also, additional Union scaffold training and testing. The local training center called me last week and they are looking for members to get this extra training. The rep from the school told me the Union needs to train 1500 members to go to Canada in the next 90 days. Look in to it and get started if you even think it may be for you.

Dr. C.L. Martin in Malone, New York

18 months ago

Dale in Trenton, Michigan said: I'm a union journeyman carpenter in Michigan where 'any' woodworking jobs are non-existant and our local 687 commercial contractors out-of-work list is seemingly endless and cannot help find us any jobs but, still want our dues paid to keep thier paycheck coming in! I'm pro-union and do not want to become a scab but, the union is not helping it's members and my un-enjoyment bennies are close to coming to an end. If anyone has any knowledge of work and needs a highly skilled craftsman, please reply. I have over 25yrs exp in fabricating displays, custom exibits, high end museum structures,fixtures and interactive exhibits, finish work both commercial and residential, cabinets, custom mouldings and milling, Zoo exhibits and U.S. Fish & Wildlife visitor centers fabrication and installation . Country wide job site travel season'd veteran. Relocating is no problem when it comes to survival. Any help from anyone tuning in to this message would be great!

Are you still looking for carpentry work? Still willing to travel? Contact me at rushtoncanoe@aol.com

Dr. C.L. Martin
Malone, NY

packer_rich in Las Vegas, Nevada

18 months ago

I am looking for work and willing ton travel. 30 yrs experience. Commercial, res. school and gov. work. I can forward a resume if you want. Thanks Rich

Enrique.Montes930@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois

15 months ago

I have been in the Carpentry Trade and Union since I finished high school in 1993. I have many Certifications including 30 Hour O.S.H.A., Fall Protection, Scaffolding (Welding, Mobile, Tube & Clamp, Systems), Areial Lift Operator, Rigging & Crane Signaling plus Safety Card, First Aid CPR AED, Welding. I have always done interior and exterior commercial carpentry but my plans now are to get into Scaffolding, Rigging & Crane Signaling, Welding. Anything that has to do with any of this type of work. Please if you have any leeds and info for work or comments please contact me at enrique.montes930@gmail.com . I live in Chicago but I am willing to travel if thete is a sure job position for me. I am a dedicated worker team player.

15 months ago

Enrique.Montes930@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been in the Carpentry Trade and Union since I finished high school in 1993. I have many Certifications including 30 Hour O.S.H.A., Fall Protection, Scaffolding (Welding, Mobile, Tube & Clamp, Systems), Areial Lift Operator, Rigging & Crane Signaling plus Safety Card, First Aid CPR AED, Welding. I have always done interior and exterior commercial carpentry but my plans now are to get into Scaffolding, Rigging & Crane Signaling, Welding. Anything that has to do with any of this type of work. Please if you have any leeds and info for work or comments please contact me at enrique.montes930@gmail.com . I live in Chicago but I am willing to travel if thete is a sure job position for me. I am a dedicated worker team player.

LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/pub/enrique-montes/32/4402a9/

15 months ago

adam ramirez in sullivan, Indiana said: not sure if my last message went through id love to tlk about a job. brennensdaddy@hotmail.com

Enrique.Montes930@gmail.com in Chicago, Illinois said: I have been in the Carpentry Trade and Union since I finished high school in 1993. I have many Certifications including 30 Hour O.S.H.A., Fall Protection, Scaffolding (Welding, Mobile, Tube & Clamp, Systems), Areial Lift Operator, Rigging & Crane Signaling plus Safety Card, First Aid CPR AED, Welding. I have always done interior and exterior commercial carpentry but my plans now are to get into Scaffolding, Rigging & Crane Signaling, Welding. Anything that has to do with any of this type of work. Please if you have any leeds and info for work or comments please contact me at enrique.montes930@gmail.com . I live in Chicago but I am willing to travel if thete is a sure job position for me. I am a dedicated worker team player.
LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/pub/enrique-montes/32/4402a9/

Dee in Fortville, Indiana

13 months ago

cya buddy

t in New Lenox, Illinois said: Just got kicked out of the union for not paying my dues went out.found a scab company n I'm working 6 10's. Thanks union.

ramgsd in Toledo, Ohio

12 months ago

Dee in Fortville, Indiana said: cya buddy

Hey DEE this is your fault. You should have paid your dues. PERIOD. You didn't live up to your responsibilties. I notice that you are about 2hrs away from Whiting, In. I just got off the BP job there. There were thousands of carpenters on that job for 7yrs. They needed so many they had them from all over the country. If you couldn't be bothered to travel to make $35.49/hr. that's on you.

JW Construction & Design in Naperville, Illinois

7 months ago

Lots of work more than I can handle. I don't even want to answer the phone anymore because if I do I have to schedule an appointment to look at a new project and I don't even know when I will have time for that. The problems are this....finding good craftsmanship. People talk a lot, say the can do this and that. But when it comes down to the fine details of their work, it sucks and then they expect to get paid for their crappy work. I don't care if your union or not. I care if your a hard dedicated worker, one who respects the work that they do. One who knows they do good work. One who knows they stand above the rest in their line of work, but also knows there is always someone better and respects that person for their great work as well. I run a residential remodeling company out of Naperville IL. I am looking for all trades men in residential remodeling. The ones that stand above the others. You know who you are and you know if your not. look at our work at JW Construction and Design.

massvocals in Gardner, Massachusetts

6 months ago

machineguns in Watertown, New York said: Its the man that struggles to keep his family fed and roof over their heads that deserves the NOBEL peace prize..........

What did he do that rated that? develop a vaccine, donate all his money to feed the children , he must have done something other than move into the white house..........but what was it that I missed?

he was black and was reward president of the new social wait need an ambiance ??? heart stop .. social American dictatorship though IRS HLS did you see how arm serves give citizenship now to illegals if they fight the illegal war ??? how wonderful just like getting screwed

EnriqueMontes in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

ramgsd in Toledo, Ohio said: Hey DEE this is your fault. You should have paid your dues. PERIOD. You didn't live up to your responsibilties. I notice that you are about 2hrs away from Whiting, In. I just got off the BP job there. There were thousands of carpenters on that job for 7yrs. They needed so many they had them from all over the country. If you couldn't be bothered to travel to make $35.49/ hr . that's on you.

Would you have a contact info for this job? My email is enrique.montes930@gmail.com

EnriqueMontes in Chicago, Illinois

6 months ago

I need a job in the commercial area or at BP in Whitting IN. Please keep me inmind thanks. enrique.montes930@gmail.com

Gil in Tampa, Florida

4 months ago

If you are looking we're hiring!

CARPENTERS wanted 4 Timber Build Co.
Equipment Operator & Leadership Skills
a plus. F/T Travel. Clean Background.
Drug/Background check Required.
Integrity a Must. 40-55k based on skill.
Apply at www.ybc.com

alruge69@hotmail.com in Waukegan, Illinois

3 months ago

murph in Chicago, Illinois said: looking for formwork work around chicago,worked for walsh,mchugh tribco etc.laid off for 4 months looking everyday can anyone help please.

I have full time work available in Buffalo Grove at a commercial building until approximately September.

3 months ago

Andrew Smith in Aurora, Illinois said: Looking for work in illinois, Can find anything Been Journeymen for 10 yrs After switching careers when I was thiry. Now seems like need to look for a new one again. Any info please email gixxer272@ comcast .net

I have full time work at a commercial building in Buffalo Grove until approximately September.

3 months ago

troy96 in mokena, Illinois said: im a 4th year apprentice . i have worked RES. and COMM. ive been laid of since feb. if anybody knows a company looking for an apprentice. please contact me at tweezy96@gmail.com Thanks

I have full time work available at a commercial building in Buffalo Grove until September

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.