Union Journeyman Carpenter Looking for Work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 605)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

sammyputin@yahoo.com in White Lake, Michigan

59 months ago

mbaileyone@msn.com in Spartanburg, South Carolina said: Right now we are having a hard time filling possitions in South Carolina, Were pulling guy's from Macon, Savahnna, & Atlanta to fill the in the gaps... Question is will it last ??? I was told last week the BA said there's another signatory contractor coming with two year of work ! ! Looking mighty Good, Praise the Lord...

union carpenter in michigan how do i go about geting a job down there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

AREREYNOLDS in Milpitas, California

59 months ago

I FEEL FOR YOU BROTHER. UNIONS DON'T ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER LIKE THEY SHOULD. BUT HANG IN THERE, MAYBE THINGS WILL GET BETTER WITH THE UNION? I HAD TO LOOK IN IN DIFFERNT TRADE JUST TO MAKE ENDS MEET,AND THATS NOT EVEN A FORSURE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Proud~dad~3 in Columbia City, Indiana

58 months ago

I am a Union Carpenter been laid off for 15 months..been trying to seek employment..Union Hall tells me we have 200+ guys on the list..YEA AND? but yet keep sending me my Union Due reminders?? Look we carpenters are struggling to keep our homes/vehicles etc..Unemployment yea its better than nothing but the creditors don't understand nor care about that! What gives? Where is the work? My hall hasn't contacted me 1 time about a job, but yet pay those dues! I would drive 2 hours 1 way for work...WHERE IS THE WORK???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Oswego, New York

58 months ago

Oswego, NY is where I'm working now, but only until the spring.

Forget about the union hall calling you for work, their concern is getting the due money bottom line.......do you think they give a rat's ass about you? I got 1 call in 6 months for a 2 day job that lasted 10 hours........they can kiss my assimus! took me off the list for not calling in to update me being out of work for 1 day and wouldn't put me back on it where I was......FXXX the union halls!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

rp3 in Winamac, Indiana

58 months ago

Desperate in Staunton, Illinois said: None in St Louis.....

I am a Union Carpenter been laid off for 15 months..been trying to seek employment..Union Hall tells me we have 200+ guys on the list..YEA AND? but yet keep sending me my Union Due reminders?? Look we carpenters are struggling to keep our homes/vehicles etc..Unemployment yea its better than nothing but the creditors don't understand nor care about that! What gives? Where is the work? My hall hasn't contacted me 1 time about a job, but yet pay those dues! I would drive 2 hours 1 way for work...WHERE IS THE WORK???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

rob

58 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

I hear ya. I am an out of work union carpenter up here in the Seattle, WA area. Only worked 10 weeks last year. It's tough! Good Luck to you.

Nails in Stockton, California

58 months ago

Dues and more dues, what's that local 25 in Manteca is bk......who was watching the books for this local? Who was watching our back(and pension) while we were at work?
Why can't the carpenters take care of their own instead of themselves, other trades are able to do better by he membership why can't we have the same.

work will be tough this year and next......look out for one another and try to get through it.

crowbar53 in Mount Clemens, Michigan

58 months ago

Dale in Trenton, Michigan said: I'm a union journeyman carpenter in Michigan where 'any' woodworking jobs are non-existant and our local 687 commercial contractors out-of-work list is seemingly endless and cannot help find us any jobs but, still want our dues paid to keep thier paycheck coming in! I'm pro-union and do not want to become a scab but, the union is not helping it's members and my un-enjoyment bennies are close to coming to an end. If anyone has any knowledge of work and needs a highly skilled craftsman, please reply. I have over 25yrs exp in fabricating displays, custom exibits, high end museum structures,fixtures and interactive exhibits, finish work both commercial and residential, cabinets, custom mouldings and milling, Zoo exhibits and U.S. Fish & Wildlife visitor centers fabrication and installation. Country wide job site travel season'd veteran. Relocating is no problem when it comes to survival. Any help from anyone tuning in to this message would be great!

I hear you!!! Local687 has had 0% work for over a year With G.M. and
Chrysler in the toilet. Call the hall and all they say is Be Patient
work is comming soon.Worked in Las Vegas for 2 ytrs. but that is gone
now too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mod20 in Newton, New Jersey

58 months ago

papa in Toms River, New Jersey said: no work here in n.j. but good luck i hate seeing all these good carpenters losing there health care , homes, ect... if you find any work please let me know, 15 years exp. will work for food... i dont drink or do drugs... reply here.

you need work i got it in a union building the problem is we had to bid it so cheap its going to really hard to make any money with union rates. It is the only way we can win bids so how do i get this done with a low budget with union guys. If you have any ideas let me know i was in the brotherhood and quit started my own thing because things have been bad since 9/11

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

aaron bates in Fort Wayne, Indiana

58 months ago

Im a journeyman carpenter. I attended school as an apprentice for four years. I have been in the skilled trades since 95'. I have worked for the same company for 8 years, unfortunately the economy went bad. I have mainly been involved with metal studs, drywall, and ceilings. However i have had other experience at form work, trim and other applications both in residential and commercial. I have ran work before and i am very self motivated. If any one can help with a job position for myself it would be greatly appreciated...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Amex05 in Plantsville, Connecticut

58 months ago

Im a contractor that started my buisness 5 yrs ago. mostly remodoling and custom woodworking. Things had been going well up to about three months ago, now Everything has fallen through. I Have given out bids but most peopel aren't in the position to do any work right now. It makes me feel like saying "why are you wasting my time if you aren't going to do this any time in the near future" I don't place blame on most of them, what I'am pissed about is the fact that we as carpenters and small buisness owners always get screwed when the economy falls through. Where the first to get laid off, and the last to get hired. And right now there is so many scams and false jobs out here it makes me sick. I have sent my resume in to over 24 different companies, and i have yet to even get a single response. I have been through dry spells before. But from what I'm seeing, hearing, and reading, I do not see this changing around anytime soon. I guess I'll be the next one going into foreclosure, The American Dream yeah right.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gary in Maryland Heights, Missouri

58 months ago

I have been a Union Carpenter since 1988. I have supported my family of six kids and a stay at home wife. We live simple but have always had what we needed. I was laid off 14 months ago and I have been everywhere, sent in hundreds of resumes to see a reposting of the same buisness to resend a resume again with no responses. I am still active with driving around from site to site too, the word on the street is that it is going to pick up in St Louis soon. But that is waht I heard last year too. Cannot pay dues, too many other financial obligations before I can send that in and kids without health insurance is a huge worry. I always thought that construction and manufacturing was the backbone of our countries infastructure. And yes, the Union backed our countries leaders, and I hope they turn things around. But I want to know what the backers are thinking now. And where are the manufacuring jobs and if they ever come back will it be at low wages? just because people do not want to pay the prices that we are worth? I am too old to get out of the Union and too young to retire. What is a brother to do?

dboss1 in Homestead, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

I worked non union as a carpenter foralmost 35 years. I have nothing against union. I recenlty lost my job day before thankgiving. I worked for a large local builder in pittsburgh that decided they did not want ANY employees.I had 8 crews.working for me. I am 52 and a good carpenter. i paid my dues the hard way .Sweat , blisters like any one else. Now that i am worn out and gave my heart and sole to a company and ready to office and managerial work they let me go. I am searching the web to find some leads. I took a test to jion my local union and passed with flying colors and they wanted to welcome me in.Right before joining I was offered a boss position. the union reps said it was a sweet deal so I took it . Now I am out and considering going back to the union but it sounds like every place else . union and non union have no work. I am not sure if going union is my answer. I once again say That union is and can be a good thing , they musdt be doing something right they built a new building here in the burgh. CARPENTER ON THE FENCE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hard workin in Bay Village, Ohio

58 months ago

I work around Cleveland, but laid off at the present,I don't have any idea when things will get better. To many of us have put ourselves in such debt we cut each others throat so you don't get laid off even for a week. and the companies use this against us to treat us unfairly. Hold together or we wont even want to go back to work when things do turn around. I can finacially get by just gettin bored with the weather and same things on TV

chriscannon17r@yahoo.com in Riverside, California

58 months ago

I moved out to Riverside 2 years ago from Bakersfeild. I been looking for work all over the Inland empire. I keep being told that every company is just hanging on to the crew they have. I started on the Union list at 520 now Im 25 been sitting at 25 for 2 months. I work in the Bridges and freeway anything with concrete. If anyone knows where someone is Hiring please help...

beltdrive in Houston, Minnesota

58 months ago

i hear ya been working 12 years straight been laid off for a year now?when the work coming

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

58 months ago

Unfortunately, when your insurance fund dries up and the property taxes are due........you don't have alot of options about being able to hang in there. Bottom line is, this is a bad economy right now and you have to take what you can get, like it or not, union or not. I could go back to where I worked for over 20 years without unemployment, but its not the same right now, its there too! Hang in there and now is the time for families to help those in need, the union won't, thats for sure!

slwrtnu in Beaumont, California

58 months ago

dboss1 in Homestead, Pennsylvania said: I worked non union as a carpenter foralmost 35 years. I have nothing against union. I recenlty lost my job day before thankgiving. I worked for a large local builder in pittsburgh that decided they did not want ANY employees.I had 8 crews.working for me. I am 52 and a good carpenter. i paid my dues the hard way .Sweat , blisters like any one else. Now that i am worn out and gave my heart and sole to a company and ready to office and managerial work they let me go. I am searching the web to find some leads. I took a test to jion my local union and passed with flying colors and they wanted to welcome me in.Right before joining I was offered a boss position. the union reps said it was a sweet deal so I took it . Now I am out and considering going back to the union but it sounds like every place else . union and non union have no work. I am not sure if going union is my answer. I once again say That union is and can be a good thing , they musdt be doing something right they built a new building here in the burgh. CARPENTER ON THE FENCE

that's the problems i have with the the union. those nice over priced buildings that we should take pride in. MY BUTT! our ba's drive better cars than we do. go to overpriced lunches and basicly was a hell of alot money OUR MONEY go where ever the money is.becouse union or not we're all in the same sinking boat, until things pick-up

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

slwrtnu in Beaumont, California

58 months ago

machineguns in Watertown, New York said: Unfortunately, when your insurance fund dries up and the property taxes are due........you don't have alot of options about being able to hang in there. Bottom line is, this is a bad economy right now and you have to take what you can get, like it or not, union or not. I could go back to where I worked for over 20 years without unemployment, but its not the same right now, its there too! Hang in there and now is the time for families to help those in need, the union won't, thats for sure!

i have to agree with you union or non union you have to do what you can to servive. we are all in trouble we all have bills that need to be payed and that the bottom line. when we're all woking again we can go back to calling each other union scum or non-union scabbs but for now you need to do what you can to feed the family and keep a roof over thier heads.

metalstud in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

As crazy as this might sound, every damn construction worker across this country should march on Washington. I have been a Union Carpenter for 13yrs. and have had a pretty good run. I have only been laid off 4 months, but I,m going back about the Feb.1. I consider my self lucky! My heart aches for ALL the tradesmen who have taken it on the chin. Our government bailed out these banks and now these pencil pushers are so scared they won't lend and they are pulling loans on small business ( I know because my former company Benchmark Drywall and Acoustics has closed its doors because its bank pulled their loan). I know most will say I'm crazy, because how can you make it to washington if you can't even pay for the necessities. Well OUR Unions and every other labor affiliation should organize this. We tradesmen need to collectively voice our concerns to our government. We need the two million tradesmen march. Think about it. Let the tradesmen who are and are not working know about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

jake in Seattle, Washington

58 months ago

You know what i dont get, we have a lot of unemployed carpenters here in seattle, but the construction companies are bringing in out of state workers to work the constrution jobs leaving washington carpenters unemployed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

greg in Johnson City, Tennessee

57 months ago

out of work 5 months anyone who knows me know i'm a hard workingman.union no union my family needs help too.can't pay due;s without job//

mlevesque57@yahoo.com in Lexington, Tennessee

57 months ago

mbaileyone@msn.com in Spartanburg, South Carolina said: Right now we are having a hard time filling possitions in South Carolina, Were pulling guy's from Macon, Savahnna, & Atlanta to fill the in the gaps... Question is will it last ??? I was told last week the BA said there's another signatory contractor coming with two year of work ! ! Looking mighty Good, Praise the Lord...

I have been out of work in lexington, tennessee I have worked as a journeyman, millwright,supertendent Etc. I am a master carpenter and a hardworker I do forms both bridge and commercial. I need a job we are about to lose our home if you have work please e-mail me at mlevesque57@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Clearwater, Florida

57 months ago

sorry but these companys down in florida will not even hire americans

Ernie Nueva in Garden Grove, California

57 months ago

Hi there, I'm Acoustical Journeyman looking for work, I was off since November and keep on looking for work and still not found any, if there's somebody hiring out there I am available for work, please I really need a job. I can ran a job with a 15 years of experience in acoustical ceilings.

jake petty in Adrian, Michigan

57 months ago

dboss1 in Homestead, Pennsylvania said: I worked non union as a carpenter foralmost 35 years. I have nothing against union. I recenlty lost my job day before thankgiving. I worked for a large local builder in pittsburgh that decided they did not want ANY employees.I had 8 crews.working for me. I am 52 and a good carpenter. i paid my dues the hard way .Sweat , blisters like any one else. Now that i am worn out and gave my heart and sole to a company and ready to office and managerial work they let me go. I am searching the web to find some leads. I took a test to jion my local union and passed with flying colors and they wanted to welcome me in.Right before joining I was offered a boss position. the union reps said it was a sweet deal so I took it . Now I am out and considering going back to the union but it sounds like every place else . union and non union have no work. I am not sure if going union is my answer. I once again say That union is and can be a good thing , they musdt be doing something right they built a new building here in the burgh. CARPENTER ON THE FENCE

Just think if you were union you would be retired!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

jake petty in Adrian, Michigan said: Just think if you were union you would be retired!

You'd be retired perhaps and if not you would have lost 50 percent of your retirement because of MADOFF or thereabout, I can't remember, I haven't been in long enough to give a rat's ass about what I lost, I feel sorry for those that were counting on it though! The roofer's union here lost around 98% if what they tell me is correct!

adamajack in danbury, Wisconsin

57 months ago

Im a 4th year apprentice ( done with schooling) looking for work have been laid off for 14 months. Im in northern wisconsin local 1074 Im willing to travel I just need work. Any tips leads help etc email me error48@hotmail.com

thanks

jpkemery421@gmail.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

57 months ago

mitch davis in Saratoga Springs, New York said: they plan on having 1000 workers on this site within 3 more months.We are pouring 5000 yds a week now,crazy.Batch plant set up on site.rate is 26.56 hour for carpenters with 20 hrs ot a week.Local is 370 in Albany,ny.

I'm a union carpenter from Philadelphia,Pa. been out of work for 14 months.I would
appreciate any information you could send related to your post.Thanks brother, please send info to jpkemery421@gmail.com thanks again jeff

smilefirst222 in Littleton, Colorado

57 months ago

shadetree

56 months ago

crowbar53 in Mount Clemens, Michigan said: I hear you!!! Local687 has had 0% work for over a year With G.M. and
Chrysler in the toilet. Call the hall and all they say is Be Patient
work is comming soon.Worked in Las Vegas for 2 ytrs. but that is gone
now too.

i too am tired of being out of work been in the union for 14 years earned my card through apprenticeship while there they taught us that we would be favored over card buyers yet every job i ever been on its not what you know its who you know.The one thing that bothers me is all the carps out of work here at 687 why do we need all these ba's . To me it seems no work should = less ba's.At this point it seems that union is not caring about members.But i won't scab just finding a job truck driving seems to be a solution.Maybe once we here in Michigan realize that we have more work than any other state in the union just in infastructure we all can go to work!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

BA's what are they good for, not much....the union reps are worth about as much as MADOFF contributed to our retirement in my opinion. Its a who you know scenario with alot of companies, but I'm working with a company that its a "what you do" variable that keeps you employed.

A revision of the union is desperately needed or the migration of south americans will bury this union with cheap labor in no time, while the union higher ups keep skimming off the top of your benefits like they are doing this very minute! More for them and less for us to stay afloat.........do your homework brothers and see what they are doing with your annuities!

chriscannon17r@yahoo.com in Riverside, California

56 months ago

Brother you could'nt have said it better. It's worse in California. If you move to better city than you came from you might as well know your not going to work. So much for trying to make your life better and happier. If you don't know alot of guys your screwed.

greg in Jonesborough, Tennessee

56 months ago

NO WORK HERE BEEN LAYED OFF 6 MO GOT LOTS BILLS BEEN DOING CARPENTY 22 YR CAN'T GET PAINTERS WORK .LOCAL 50 NO HELP GUESS HAVE TO START THINKING LIKE BADGUY???? dam bill collectors call every three days. I NEED WORK BAD. TRICITIE TENNESSEE OR WHEREEVER.HARDWORKER JUST NEED LITTLE HELP?

successthruteamwork in Los Angeles, California

56 months ago

Change Your Life! Yes, You Can!

Other companies require you to work hard for 4-5 years, but our company only requires you to work a short period of 6-12 months to reach a stable income. If you are serious about this business and if you follow our methods, we will fully guide you through this business. This is a business that can allow you to earn money with better efficiency and less effort than the 9am-5pm rat race job. If you want to change yourself, start today! Please email to SuccessThruTeamwork@gmail.com with your name and the most convenient time for us to contact you.

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

56 months ago

If there is any work from he to Indiana I would love to know !

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

56 months ago

Please Contact me @ ihammer7@netzero.net

akilgrif

56 months ago

I have a large rehab job for a residential home. I am in need of a full time insured licensed carpenter available to work in Baltimore MD. Please respond akilgrif@yahoo.com

Ronb in Randallstown, Maryland

56 months ago

I am able to work in Baltimore maryland.. if you're in need of a Good Carpenter let me know please my email is Jearukkaronnie@yahoo.com.. thanks alot
-Ron

Ronb in Randallstown, Maryland

56 months ago

I like to know where the Hell is all the work In Baltimore Maryland.. SOOOOOO Many job sites just opened but yet More then Half of our Own Union is out of work.. and alot of out of state companys are here i really dont get it.. I worked for Whitting and Turner as a Yard Carpenter for 2 1/2 years being laid off Once for 2 weeks.. and now boom no jobs nothing this is getting alittle crazy.. and unemployment is starting to cut and turn down Unemployment its getting crazy how can you Raise a family and pay bills like this.. what i dont understand is pay you're Dues Dues Dues. and you cant really without any income.. its crazy
I am a 4th generation carpenter in this Baltimore Union and work is slowing up to a stand still was told go union you wont have to worry about anything.. well i have been worrying about everything since i been in the Union.. i am a true Brother to the other union boy's but this back stabbing and lying stuff needs to stop just to keep you're job dont down another brother to make sure you're job is safe that is wrong..

Thats just my 2 cents.. and this "Change" is not any change i want.. send all the Money to other Countries to help them out.. but here in the United States of America we are hurting bad...

GAR in Jonesborough, Tennessee

56 months ago

SAD TALE TO BE TOLD UNIONS ALL OVER USA SELLING YOU HO BROTHER DOWN THE RIVER.IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE CLICK YOU ARE NOWHERE ?? ? CARPENTERS IN TENNESSEE ARE SUPPORT CRAFT !!!!!!! .YOU SUPPORT ALL TRADES. U FIND UR OWN WORK. U PAY DUES FEED FAMILY PAY SOME BILLS ALL ON 300 WEEK. Iv BEEN EVERY NUMBER STILL NOWORK????. YOU LOOK FOR CARPENTER WORK ON NET U SEE.NON UNION TRICITIES PAY 12.00 .Ive BEEN CARPENTER FOR 22YRS. CAREER CENTER SAID FIND ANOTHER CAREER?????UNION????

GAR in Jonesborough, Tennessee

56 months ago

SAD TALE TO BE TOLD UNIONS ALL OVER USA SELLING YOU HO BROTHER DOWN THE RIVER.IF YOU ARE NOT IN THE CLICK YOU ARE NOWHERE ?? ? CARPENTERS IN TENNESSEE ARE SUPPORT CRAFT !!!!!!! .YOU SUPPORT ALL TRADES. U FIND UR OWN WORK. U PAY DUES FEED FAMILY PAY SOME BILLS ALL ON 300 WEEK. Iv BEEN EVERY NUMBER STILL NOWORK????. YOU LOOK FOR CARPENTER WORK ON NET U SEE.NON UNION TRICITIES PAY 12.00 .Ive BEEN CARPENTER FOR 22YRS. CAREER CENTER SAID FIND ANOTHER CAREER?????UNION???? MILATARY????THE MORE PEOPLE ENLIST THE MORE SHIPOUT.MORE SNEEK IN TOO USA SPOT N STEEL WHATEVER . HAVE SEX WITH YOUNGS HAVE KIDS SO THY CANT BE DEPORTED .WORK CONSTRUCTION IN DROVES SELL DOPE AND MOVE ON ??????????GENARAL CONTRACTORS HIRE THEM TOO????UNIONS HIRE THEM WHY?? CHEAP LABOR. YOUR WAY LIFE IS GONE.NOMORE OLDSCHOOL.

arereynolds in Milpitas, California

56 months ago

This is sad and true. I don't hear any union BR's saying I can help you brother. Is this what we desever? When we were making the money did we think of this? Should we have planned for this? Would we could we make changes in the future to prevent this?

Todd in Lowell, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Desperate in Staunton, Illinois said: None in St Louis.....

Not in New England...my BA WANT'S ME TO PAY MY DUES. For what???

Todd in Lowell, Massachusetts

56 months ago

Todd in Lowell, Massachusetts said: Not in New England...my BA WANT'S ME TO PAY MY DUES. For what???

Hey brothers/sisters hang in there,things will turn around. I just don't know when good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mike in Menifee, California

56 months ago

I am non-union worker. Union went out in residential framing down in southern california about 15-20 years ago. I used to work for 12 different companies two years ago. Now I'm lucky to work a week in a month. Unemployment is getting cut to about 2-3 hundred a week soon. Don't know how I will make it. I guess it's time to apply at a retail store or something. How sad is that? Think about the quality of workers we will have in another twenty years, with people knowing that the trades are a dead end job. We will have to outsource to get workers. What a shame that the trades are looked at as an expendable job, while others are not. Everytime I watch the news (which nowadays I try not to) I get to hear how I am looked at as a statistic as they optimistically say that the recession is lifting. They do not see that what we have been going through is not a recession; it is a depression. I heard a guy in a local wood warehouse say something interesting a few days ago. He said, there is enough work in southern california for about one big company and there is about a hundred fighting for it. What other job do you know of that the wage that you work for can be cut in half? I guess that is what unions are for in the first place? I bet a lot of you union tradesmen would work for half what you were working for two to three years ago; wouldn't you? Me too. Just to work! Get out of the house. Swing a hammer! It's a shame that there is basically no one that looks out for us. Union or non-union. Didn't mean to depress everyone any more than you already are. God bless and I hope things get better soon!

mike in Menifee, California

56 months ago

After writing what I did yesterday, I called around to all my old contacts and heard that the stimulus money that our president deligated to the states is starting to arrive. If you know the companies in your area that bid on federal, state and city jobs; apply with them. Otherwise, you can do like I am. Email your represenitive, congressman, senator and tell them that you need a job. Get the word out there. If you are willing to post something in this obsolete forum then why not to your elected officials. Ask them if they know where you can get a job. Tell them what you have written here. Maybe your voice will carry to the top? It is worth a shot. Don't you think?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

56 months ago

I guess I'm not an optimist. I doubt the senators give about as much of a rats ass about us as our union leadership does. As long as they get paid and sleep well at night all is fine in the world.

56 months ago

sounds right to me. Sad sad sad.

56 months ago

Mike Thanks for the real words on whats going on. To me words are incouraging, the Unions are depressing. Working 1/2 so that our brothers can still work and get paid something, people only think that way when they are on the outside. Good luck my brothers

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.