Union Journeyman Carpenter Looking for Work

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 576)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Crowbar53 in Roseville, Michigan

63 months ago

Anybody hear anything about work on the Canada Oil Sands project??? I know of 2 guys who went up there. Its good money but job is in middle of nowhere and its in a camp setting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

62 months ago

jerry cook in Greenwood, Indiana said: check out 758. there are some good bro. sis. there, some companys still got the hard headed formens but there is not many left. but they are there , you just got to put them in check . most of them just think there gonna lose there job . they keep our bro. and sis. job scared and that is wrong . i wish you luck brother , let me no when your coming here and ill tell u whats going on here . where ever you work tie off jerry cook

Hey Jerry.How are you doing...I got a few side jobs I have to come out and do not to mention work around the Ranch out by Cloverdale..was wondering if anything is going on out there..I will be out there by May 14th the latest, will most likely be out there at least a Month or more..does not seem like anything will be going on here.I do have a meeting next Monday night but things look and sound bleek from what I have heard....I thank you for any info you may have..Todd Cory Local 2250 Red Bank N.J.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Greenwood, Indiana

62 months ago

hey let me make some calls tomarrow and ill get back at u , good luck , j.c.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Plainfield, Illinois

62 months ago

Andrew Smith in Aurora, Illinois said: Tried them several times...You would think with all the miles of highway they are building there would be alot of jobs from them....

are you looking for a union job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Plainfield, Illinois

62 months ago

Troy in Mokena, Illinois said: I agree with you this is a joke. The BA sit in there office not knowing what it's like to be cashing in change to live. Then they have the balls to send a letter saying If I don't keep up with my dues I'll be suspended. I can't even get a warehouse job because they say I'm to over qualified. I don't see work picking up at all so time to move on to a different career. I'm with you I have been off for about the same time andy unemployment has 13 weeks left then all hell is gonna break loose. Good luck brother

Hey Troy,
If you not looking for a union gig, let me know.
Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois

62 months ago

Chris in Plainfield, Illinois said: Hey Troy,
If you not looking for a union gig, let me know.
Chris

I'm looking for anything that gives a paycheck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

stevemoore-#1070-wva in Rivesville, West Virginia

62 months ago

hey bros&sisters iam outof local in west virgina been laid off since dec-09,work here is very bad no releafe in sight got one uneployment check left any body knows anything e-mail me at april_moore40@yahoo.com willing to travel pa-md-vir-oh-kent;been union 4yrs mainly interior metal studs,drywall,framing,cab,doors,cielinggoodluck to all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mad dog in Stanton, California

62 months ago

I have been a carpenter since "96" first generation.I have been out of work for 18 months and no luck at all. It sad how alot of these carpenters are quick to stab you in the back when they do something wrong rather than being man enough to take the blame for themselves. Unfortunatly, in this trade it's not what you know, it's who you know, and who you blow.
I have been told by foremans and supers that I am a good all around carpenter. I'm not afraid to get an ass chewing if i messed up, but i have been blamed for things that i never did in this trade, all because someone does not like you. I'm not one to kiss ass never have never will, I was raised by my father to be a hard worker not a brown noser. Right now the only way for us out of work carpenters to get a job is to be best friends or related with a foreman or the super. But as long as we keep paying our dues why should the union even care? The one's that there are just as bad as the politicans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Crowbar53 in Roseville, Michigan

62 months ago

Wow!!!! I couldn't of said it better. You hit the nail on the head. Sad but true.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

62 months ago

Some of the brothers out here want to pass judgment for those that scab and go outside the union like I had to do last year? Well when you're off for 6 months and you get called in for 10 hours of work in that time.............tell me how do you feed your families? How about the working guys that want to criticize send me a supplemental check to cover the mortgage and all the bills that coincide with a having no other options but to do what you gotta do to put food on the table for your family. FxxK the criticizers, they're the ones that polish the apples in this union!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Arlington Heights, Illinois

62 months ago

Chris in Plainfield, Illinois said: Hey Troy,
If you not looking for a union gig, let me know.
Chris

Chris, if you still need help please contact me matthewc9977@yahoo.com. I have over 14 exp in metal framing, drywall, ceilings, and doors(frames and hardware).

I'm in New Lenox, not Arlington Heights

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mad dog in Stanton, California

62 months ago

Carpenter looking for work will travel anywhere to keep food on the table and roof over my families head. Please, if know anything e-mail at man_jo3@yahoo.com I know concrete form work, been doing so since "96", have leadman and some foreman exp.
We really have to help each other as the so called union isn't doing anything to keep us informed. A simple letter would be nice to let us know what the hell is going on out there. Why in the hell we pay our dues and they can't even do that.
I have been on the out of work list far to long, the sadest thing is that i have contacted my former supers and foremans that I busted my butt for and they act as if they don't even know me. What kind of crap is that! What's even worse when you try to talk to some of these guy's about work, they try to walk away from you as if your bothering them. Keep your heads up brothers and God in your hearts things will eventually get better. In the mean time do what you have to do weather it be union or non-union work to feed your families. As for the union right now they can KISS MY BUTT! those union reps are sipping champain and eating filet mingon for lunch while we struggle in our homes. They are useless like the politicians!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

62 months ago

The union is in need of revision, rotate those that have worked 6 months on to being laid off and put those not working back to work....they'd have a different opinion about staying union only when they have to remain unemployed for the same! Hang in is easy to say when you're pulling a check every week! How about sit down and let someone else have a shot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

camaroz in Marion, Indiana

62 months ago

these jackasses {ba's} get no work but hound you for union dues and also if they have to send you a letter letting you know about your dues a $5.00 letter fee. Hard enough to pay dues but give you sh*t like that. We should only have to pay dues if we work.to h*ll with the union just about ready to stand in front of my local with a sign saying f**k the union

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan

62 months ago

Crowbar53 in Roseville, Michigan said: Anybody hear anything about work on the Canada Oil Sands project??? I know of 2 guys who went up there. Its good money but job is in middle of nowhere and its in a camp setting.

Wow this is Irony-- I got sent out to Vegas back in January for a scaffold evaluation to work at the oil sands in alberta. I passed the evaluation (only 9 out of 24 in class passed)Got my passport and FBI background-- here it is nearly 6 months later and nothing!! Iam also out of local 687 and just absolutely no luck with work, 16 years in the union and feeling frustrated!!! I was always told to be diversified and that I am-- I can do everything from concrete to locksets to scaffold-- now I wonder if it is even a skill, since I have been looking at a "bleak" future!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

62 months ago

joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan said: Wow this is Irony-- I got sent out to Vegas back in January for a scaffold evaluation to work at the oil sands in alberta. I passed the evaluation (only 9 out of 24 in class passed)Got my passport and FBI background-- here it is nearly 6 months later and nothing!! Iam also out of local 687 and just absolutely no luck with work, 16 years in the union and feeling frustrated!!! I was always told to be diversified and that I am-- I can do everything from concrete to locksets to scaffold-- now I wonder if it is even a skill, since I have been looking at a "bleak" future!!!

Bleak future?

Try being in the middle of a divorce, unemployed and looking at child support when your 45 in a bad economy with a judge that don't give a damn whether you can find work or not, just send in the payments...........bleak? I'm Sxxxitt out of luck is what I am! And for what, I moved up here for her to be an at home mom, not send my money and her nude photos over the net to other men, yet I'm the one getting shot down in flames? Bleak?????

You got it made! I'm losing my house, my first child and have no opportunities to pull myself out of this mess.....I wouldn't call your situation bleak buddy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Crowbar53 in Roseville, Michigan

62 months ago

To Joey71
How did you hear about if they were looking for guys to send up to Canada? I asked the hall 6 months ago to put me on the list. I'm scaffold certified, have Passport, and F.B.I.fingerprint check and never heard another word from them. When I worked in Las Vegas on the City Center project (left in Jan. 2009) I signed up the first time, we had a class of 25 guys of which 18 qualified to go. We even had someone from Canada fly in to talk to us. One thing he did say was oil has to stay above $75/barrel for company to import help from U.S.A. You ask me its all a big scam!!!! How long you been out of work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan

62 months ago

machineguns in Watertown, New York said: Bleak future?

Try being in the middle of a divorce, unemployed and looking at child support when your 45 in a bad economy with a judge that don't give a damn whether you can find work or not, just send in the payments...........bleak? I'm Sxxxitt out of luck is what I am! And for what, I moved up here for her to be an at home mom, not send my money and her nude photos over the net to other men, yet I'm the one getting shot down in flames? Bleak?????

You got it made! I'm losing my house, my first child and have no opportunities to pull myself out of this mess.....I wouldn't call your situation bleak buddy!

Whoa we all have our issues and problems in life--if something isnt proper in life I take the initiative and fix it. You cant compare apples to oranges, Iam doing what I need to do- to change the situation--

I hope your situation gets better.

Crowbar,

I have worked about a month this year and that is it-- last year I got most of the year. It seems like every contractor I have worked for is out of business or just have their few steadies and that is it.

If the work is there I will find it -- Im not happy to be off but, I will only worry about what I can control, and not care about what I cant control--

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan

62 months ago

joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan said: Whoa we all have our issues and problems in life--if something isnt proper in life I take the initiative and fix it. You cant compare apples to oranges, Iam doing what I need to do- to change the situation--

I hope your situation gets better.

Crowbar,

I have worked about a month this year and that is it-- last year I got most of the year. It seems like every contractor I have worked for is out of business or just have their few steadies and that is it.

If the work is there I will find it -- Im not happy to be off but, I will only worry about what I can control, and not care about what I cant control--

Oh and by the way Mr Machine GUNS I am losing my house also-- cant pay the mortgage if Im not working. So trust me when I say I worked my A*& off for all of this and losing it -- yea no fun, so I can understand your frustration.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kyle parks in Flint, Michigan

62 months ago

Greg Christianson in Oak Hills, California said: I have been a union member over 20 years!I have been looking for work for the past month! 10 months ago I got laid off my job I worked for them over 12 years! Then nine months later got a job for a month and got laid off from there! I have not been able to find any work out here, It seems all the jobs I go to say they have there own crews. They have over 3,000 people on the out of work list!!!!!!! Does anyone know where the work is in California or anywhere else?

someone hire the idiot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kyle parks in Flint, Michigan

62 months ago

some one hire the idiot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ethan blair in Simpsonville, South Carolina

61 months ago

Journeyman in Neptune, New Jersey said: Guy said yesterday theres was all kinds of work in South Carolina

really? where is the work at down hear please help a brother out i just got my journeyman book from local 15 in hackensack nj and i am currently livinging in greenville sc so if u have any feedback please let me knw at dolphins07026@yahoo.com woul appreciate it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Journeyman in Neptune in Brazil, Indiana

61 months ago

go thru the comments on the site you will or should find it..I have deleted it from my inbox and emails

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Glendale Heights, Illinois

61 months ago

Again, the media has ignored the building trades, but is falling all over themselves cuz the fishermen in LA are not going to be able to fish for a few year -- perhaps longer (maybe never again). However, not one program have I seen cries for the residential building trades, nor the commercial trades. Carpenters out of work for YEARS, nobody commented. And no government will compensate them (even though the Bush administration, the Obama administration, the Fed, etc. all had a hand in the collapse) No company will pay up to the carpenters (they made $$$ hand over fist, our guys got the same rate of pay) No one is moaning if a carpenter of 30 years cannot work his trade anymore, but a fisherman cannot do it -- tragic!
Lastly, I saw one fisherman pi$$ & moan cuz he didn't "have the paperwork" to prove what he made all those years cuz the fishing culture in LA is on a "cash basis". Translation: goddman tax cheats! They cheat for years then bi@*h when bp asks them to actually PROVE what they lost, on the average. But our taxes are taken right outta that check, even the unemployment check! Oh, boo freakin' who, poor fisherman. Where the hell is the AFL CIO, our biggest Regional leaders, to get us some sympathy time on TV? Oh, guess we better have the Gulf of Mexico behind us & put on some waders & such.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joey71 in Mount Morris, Michigan

61 months ago

They haven't ignored us --- they are just letting the illegals do it all and turning their back!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

machineguns in Watertown, New York

61 months ago

Gotta face it! Construction is typically indicative of a prospering economy. We are so taxed with obligations from good times its impossible to survive a down time more and more.....higher taxes, cost of living, everyone including the government never planned on not having a job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mad dog in Stanton, California

61 months ago

Greg journeyman carpenter in Hesperia, California said: Hey does anyone know where any work is in southern california, been looking awhile now, every job I go to they say either they are not hiring, or it is finished already and it is on the out of work list! Please let me know if anyone has any leads.

Brother, I hate to say this but there is no work anywhere here. I've been out of work for 1 1/2 years and have been unable to find anything at all. Every job that I have been on say pretty much the same thing, they got there own guy's sitting at home and are not hiring. Hopefully things will get better, buit your best bet is to try and find some other type of work, best of luck to you, brother

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mad dog in Stanton, California

61 months ago

It does not suprise the union is as useless as they are right now, i can't believe that they have yet to put there out of work list on there web sight, with today's technology they would do something like that to make it easier for us carpenters to get the list, rather that driving to the stinkin union to get it, Gas is not cheap!. I have ask carpenters 409 about this and they rufuse to give me a real answer. I believe that they don't want to spend the time or money to make things easier for us. But yet they are fast to send you a letter about being behind on your dues. The union does not care about us, all they care about is how much money they get from us and the money they get from these big companies. Don;t get me wrong i'll take the money if the work is there. Unfortanatly, it's not work ethics anymore it's how fast you get it done at any cost now a day's, what happened in taking pride in what they want. The sooner the job get's done the bigger bonus the bosses get, as for us carpenters that helped we get 2 checks and send us on our way with a ty if your lucky. I love what I do but I hate the crap that comes with it, can't trust no one

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

mad dog in Stanton, California

61 months ago

machineguns in Watertown, New York said: Bleak future?

Try being in the middle of a divorce, unemployed and looking at child support when your 45 in a bad economy with a judge that don't give a damn whether you can find work or not, just send in the payments...........bleak? I'm Sxxxitt out of luck is what I am! And for what, I moved up here for her to be an at home mom, not send my money and her nude photos over the net to other men, yet I'm the one getting shot down in flames? Bleak?????

You got it made! I'm losing my house, my first child and have no opportunities to pull myself out of this mess.....I wouldn't call your situation bleak buddy!

Brother, been there and done that I know it's easier said than done, you need to say the hell with everything and just be there for your child as much as you can. I know exactly how you feel about the judge not giving a damn as long as you keep paying child support. I was having my checks garneshed for no reason, I always made my pay'mt on time, none of that matters from child support services. The best thing you can do is to pay directley to the state, I've been doing that for a few months and had no problems, they don't garnish my checks anymore. Child support services can be a real pain i the butt, they are horrible they were always giving me problems, not anymore, thank god. Unfortanatly, the courts will always favor the women no matter what! I only live a few miles from my son and they still will not give me 50% custody, instead they only gave me 35% custody that's BS! keep your head up bro, kids are smart and remeber things no matter how mad you get at your ex, never talk bad about the mother, my son remembers when my ex would cus me out in front of him, things like that will work in our favor when they get older. Stay strong brother and i'll have you and all of struggeling out there in my prayers, God blees

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Crowbar53 in Roseville, Michigan

61 months ago

TO Mad Dog.... We have the same problem at Local#687 (detroit). They don't post a out of work list so you never know where you stand in relation to someone else. And thay don't have a hot sheet of where the jobs are at or who is hiring. Forget about posting anything on the computer!!!!! that would take away someones job position at the hall. 50% of these guys I don't think ever swung a hammer much less look for work once they got past Apprenticeship school. Just pay your dues and keep your mouth shut. 22years in the Union and can't wait to get out. Never been one to wait for the hall to get me a job but it sure not like the was it was when I was just startin' out!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Greenwood, Indiana

61 months ago

johnny truesdell in Florida said: Hey sorry if this isn't in the right place this is my first time trying to get my post in this list of discussions but maybe someone will read it that can help with info. I am a 51 year old welder,carpenter,pile driver. Im willing and able to travel would anyone know where there might be some bridge jobs going on? I have been in bridge construction over 10 years doing welding and pile driving and some carpentry but mostly welding and pile driving. I prefer welding but these days i'll pick up trash if they pay me enough lol. I live just south of jacksonville florida hope to stay in the southern states. if you know of anything & would send me a email as I'm liable to forget how to get back here (im not a computer person)thanks all to my wife im here now. Thanks for any info johnny johnny_truesdell@yahoo.com

johnny try p.c.l. try archerwestern, zep construcion, flatiron, kiewit, zacry, bechtel, k.b.r, moretrench, ccc, lema, and baker concrete, ill think of some more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Glendale Heights, Illinois

61 months ago

For those of you monitoring politics: Blanche Lincoln in Arkansas decided she didn't like unions anymore, so the unions poured $$$ into her competition's coffers. Blanche won the nomination yesterday. Unnamed source (supposedly Rahm Emanuel, Obama's lackey) quipped that perhaps the unions should have held out the $$ to dump in the real race later on. So who tipped the scales in this race? Bill Clinton, who Obama hated & distrusted, remember?) campaigned down in AK for Blanche. He marshalled up the black vote. He marshalled up the liberals.
So, I say again, I want to keep my 3% special union dues tax for our family, and no further $$ taken out from our quarterlies for politics! Our damn union backed Edwards last election. Then they backed Obama, who grinds us under the bus. Kinda sums up the warm & fuzzy feeling from the Democratic party, eh? Our OWN party screws us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

61 months ago

Hey Jerry Cook....Did you forget about a Brother?????????????????????????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jerry cook in Greenwood, Indiana

61 months ago

no just trying to help everyone i can , the brother hood here isnt so brotherly my union has told me is ok for a company to not pay your benys they wont call me back have been told by friends they have no ententions on getting my insurance paid , they will not help me for nothing , they did say they are in the middle of moving to there new building , so its gona be a minute before they can help a brother . they need to get new trucks passed out . and lets not forget credit cards ,they got to eat when they go on there little golf outings . and someone has to pay for the new water there putting in there new hot tubs at there paid off homes.No i didnt forget about a brother . but our brothers forgot about us .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois

61 months ago

I'm a or was a 4th yr apprentice and just got kicked out for not paying my dues. Fu*k the union. I got other and bigger bills to pay for that are more important that helping these fat a$$ B.A's get there new cars and other sh*t The union is a f*cking joke. And soon will be taken over by non union. Good luck to you all

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

61 months ago

You have got to be kidding me!! You can't pay your union dues which is $20.00 a month and you get kicked out-- there is alot more to that story than what you are sharing!! I have only worked 1 month this year but I have paid my dues to keep them up!! Good luck with the non union there-- when union comes back you'll be the first in line to try and get another gig-- because you are sick of the rat outfit givin you $12-$15 an hr!! Stop whining and change your situation don't expect others to do it for you!! I will say after 15 years in the business-- your mentality is rampant through this trade and it is what punches all of us in the face-- have you been to a meeting, spoke with a ba, gone on a picket line, spoke to the director of the apprenticeship?? Probably not, found the message board and b#tch about a situation that is your fault!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois

61 months ago

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: You have got to be kidding me!! You can't pay your union dues which is $20.00 a month and you get kicked out-- there is alot more to that story than what you are sharing!! I have only worked 1 month this year but I have paid my dues to keep them up!! Good luck with the non union there-- when union comes back you'll be the first in line to try and get another gig-- because you are sick of the rat outfit givin you $12-$15 an hr!! Stop whining and change your situation don't expect others to do it for you!! I will say after 15 years in the business-- your mentality is rampant through this trade and it is what punches all of us in the face-- have you been to a meeting, spoke with a ba, gone on a picket line, spoke to the director of the apprenticeship?? Probably not, found the message board and b#tch about a situation that is your fault!!

actually it's 30 a month buddy but anyways I've been laid off for over a yr now. The whole Crew got laid off due to politics it's b.s. The union isn't gonna come back look what happen to McCormick place in chi non union now because we want to much money it's all gonna be like that. But the ba get cars,cell phones, food, etc.... My unemployment is about up and they still want me to pay for what. I've been to meeting and hear the same sh*t. Were trying were tryin. Sure buddy. and Ive been apart of this board since I got laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Crowbar53 in Clinton Township, Michigan

61 months ago

Troy in Illinois#####
Things will get better..... someday. But the government has to get off its ass and support unions, the middle class, and the "Red Neck" workin' guy. When they finally figure out that B.P Oil and General Motors, and Bank of America screwed a lot of people, but it will take time. If your only a 4 th/yr. Apprentice suck it up! There's no crying in construction. Try 22years in the trade. Seems like most of the guys here have a lot more time in than you do. Unions may not be perfect but ya' could work non-union in Florida for $12.oo/hr cash. I know, I tried it back in the '80's.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

61 months ago

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois said: actually it's 30 a month buddy but anyways I've been laid off for over a yr now. The whole Crew got laid off due to politics it's b.s. The union isn't gonna come back look what happen to McCormick place in chi non union now because we want to much money it's all gonna be like that. But the ba get cars,cell phones, food, etc.... My unemployment is about up and they still want me to pay for what. I've been to meeting and hear the same sh*t. Were trying were tryin. Sure buddy. and Ive been apart of this board since I got laid off.

do you really think your the only one?? Get over it -- you are a 4th year apprentice that doesnt even know what it's like--- I have my journeyman status with thousands of hours, associates degree, OSHA certs and scaffold certs with other upgrade ccourses-- if you don't like the business get out of it and do something different--- oh ya by the way I also have 16 yrs of pension vested!! B@tchin the way you are now should get ya ran off!!! Kwitch yer beotchin!!! Suck it up or get out of it.
Sick of hearing about business agents - if you were a ba what would you do differently??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois

61 months ago

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan said: do you really think your the only one?? Get over it -- you are a 4th year apprentice that doesnt even know what it's like--- I have my journeyman status with thousands of hours, associates degree, OSHA certs and scaffold certs with other upgrade ccourses-- if you don't like the business get out of it and do something different--- oh ya by the way I also have 16 yrs of pension vested!! B@tchin the way you are now should get ya ran off!!! Kwitch yer beotchin!!! Suck it up or get out of it.
Sick of hearing about business agents - if you were a ba what would you do differently??

I never said I was the only one. I was just saying that it's bs that they won't let people slide a quarter or two. Now I have to wait for the school to have a meeting and see if I can get back in. And good for you your the guy with knee pads and takes care of the Forman and super

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

61 months ago

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois said: I never said I was the only one. I was just saying that it's bs that they won't let people slide a quarter or two. Now I have to wait for the school to have a meeting and see if I can get back in. And good for you your the guy with knee pads and takes care of the Forman and super

unreal !! I'm not even workin how can I wear the knee pads-- nice you screw up and cannot handle the truth!!! There ya go have fun with that!! STFU U HAVENT A CLUE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

manwood in Indianapolis, Indiana

61 months ago

I been reading this shhh all night. The BAS got there hands full if you dont like it get the ffff OUT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois

61 months ago

manwood in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I been reading this shhh all night. The BAS got there hands full if you dont like it get the ffff OUT

with what golf clubs???? Don't read it then

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

61 months ago

Hey guys, it's not union, but there is work in Afghanistan. There are several companies over here that have carpenters. You don't do a lot of construction, mainly maintenance. The living conditions suck, but it pays real decent money. The big 3 over here are KBR, Fluor, and Dyn-Corp. Just trying to help another unemployed American out. I am not an employer so I can't directly hire any of you, but can try and help with info if I can.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

manwood in Indianapolis, Indiana

61 months ago

thank u

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Joey71 in Ypsilanti, Michigan

61 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Hey guys, it's not union, but there is work in Afghanistan. There are several companies over here that have carpenters. You don't do a lot of construction, mainly maintenance. The living conditions suck, but it pays real decent money. The big 3 over here are KBR, Fluor, and Dyn-Corp. Just trying to help another unemployed American out. I am not an employer so I can't directly hire any of you, but can try and help with info if I can.

THANKS maybe that passport and FBI check I had done for Alberta oil sands will come in handy for this over there in Afghanistan. Thank you for the help!! Just got done being gone for 18 mths don't really wanna do it again, it's about what pays the bills though!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

61 months ago

jerry cook in Greenwood, Indiana said: no just trying to help everyone i can , the brother hood here isnt so brotherly my union has told me is ok for a company to not pay your benys they wont call me back have been told by friends they have no ententions on getting my insurance paid , they will not help me for nothing , they did say they are in the middle of moving to there new building , so its gona be a minute before they can help a brother . they need to get new trucks passed out . and lets not forget credit cards ,they got to eat when they go on there little golf outings . and someone has to pay for the new water there putting in there new hot tubs at there paid off homes.No i didnt forget about a brother . but our brothers forgot about us .
Jerry I am talking about you getting back to me about some work. In your last email you were going to make some calls and get back to me.I am in Indiana. Does this refresh your memory?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Todd Cory in Neptune, New Jersey

61 months ago

Jerry when we last emailed and I told you I was coming to Indiana you said you would make a few phone calls and get back to me.I am in Indiana, does this refresh your memory..thats why I said something about helping a Brother out. I know there is some work at Wishard...Do you remember our emails? Todd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Glendale Heights, Illinois

61 months ago

Troy in New Lenox, Illinois said: actually it's 30 a month buddy but anyways I've been laid off for over a yr now. The whole Crew got laid off due to politics it's b.s. The union isn't gonna come back look what happen to McCormick place in chi non union now because we want to much money it's all gonna be like that. But the ba get cars,cell phones, food, etc.... My unemployment is about up and they still want me to pay for what. I've been to meeting and hear the same sh*t. Were trying were tryin. Sure buddy. and Ive been apart of this board since I got laid off.

FYI: Actually, the McCormick Place thing is not a dead issue -- yet. The Chicago Regional Carpenters Union has in fact, sued them and the city for this loss of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carp in Los Angeles, California

61 months ago

mad dog in Stanton, California said: It does not suprise the union is as useless as they are right now, i can't believe that they have yet to put there out of work list on there web sight, with today's technology they would do something like that to make it easier for us carpenters to get the list, rather that driving to the stinkin union to get it, Gas is not cheap!. I have ask carpenters 409 about this and they rufuse to give me a real answer. I believe that they don't want to spend the time or money to make things easier for us. But yet they are fast to send you a letter about being behind on your dues. The union does not care about us, all they care about is how much money they get from us and the money they get from these big companies. Don;t get me wrong i'll take the money if the work is there. Unfortanatly, it's not work ethics anymore it's how fast you get it done at any cost now a day's, what happened in taking pride in what they want. The sooner the job get's done the bigger bonus the bosses get, as for us carpenters that helped we get 2 checks and send us on our way with a ty if your lucky. I love what I do but I hate the crap that comes with it, can't trust no one

Mad dog'
Take a look at the apprentices on the job. I am working but the ratio is about 10 to 1 apprentices! The union use to hold it at 2-1! They have not helped me get a job in over 30 years! They make no attempt to check a persons legal status either. You almost have to be bilingual to get a job or a relative! We now have to have several certificates to keep a job. They give them to the apprentices during their training and we have to take days off work now to get the retraining. They will hold a class for us if the employer asks, but not if the dues paying person asks! Many of the companies are now requiring that a carpenter supply their own lasers, screw guns, battery drills, and on and on. The union is doing nothing about this! Companies aren't paying wages in full!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.