Where is the work in Puget Sound

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Tacoma Union App470 in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

I haven't been able to find anything all year. I'm still an apprentice because I havent been working much in the last year. I would of journeyed out in March if I kept my hours up. The book doesnt move at all I've been on the same spot on the out of work list since December. Every job I have found is not hiring anyone new they always say we have our own crews waiting to go back to work. I live in Tacoma and will commute to just about anywhere in the sound. Everyone I know isn't working and has nothing lined up. I have went to a couple offices and the people at the desk wont even tell me if the company has any jobs I just get the same response "We only hire from the hall". I can't even find any non union carpentry jobs. If anyone knows of any jobs in the sound that are hiring or maybe looking to add another apprentice post on this thread I don't care if its a graveyard shift or day anything is fine. I had to file Ch7 last month I cant even afford to finalize it. I'm going to lose everything I have no matter what now if I go back to work soon or not. I just need some kind of work carpentry framing whatever I'll even be a laborer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sirfranky in Puyallup, Washington

52 months ago

If your an apprentice well stay there as long as you can. The only jobs that are being called out are for apprentices. Seattle local has morning and evening dispatch. get on their list and show up everyday. You are a valued commodity to employers cause your cheaper they're not calling for journeyman right now. It still comes down to how bad you want it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.