I need assistance with responding to an interview question.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Marlene in Bronx, New York

92 months ago

Hello everyone,

I have just started a new job about 2 1/2- 3 months ago. Unfortunately, things are not going well on the job and I am seeking to leave.

If I go on an interview, how will I respond to the question: "Why are you looking to leave your present job, especially since you have only been there for less than 6 months?"

All assistance and advice are appreciated.

Thank you,

Marlene

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kiimmel in Elmira, New York

91 months ago

Your response could be "The position that I am employed in was not what I expected and/or was not what was in the job description when I initially applied for it." You could also write the real reason why you are seeking employment. The truth is the best answer. If it is you, then that is a different situation. If it is an employee, respond to the question "Some and/or senior employees that possess tenure tend to purport that they run the business" or something or something along those lines. Hopefully this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your response.

Kiimmel in Horseheads, New York

91 months ago

You are quite welcome. Hope everything goes according to plan. I do not see why it wouldn't.

JustMe in Mesa, Arizona

87 months ago

I need to interview a case manager for an online class I'm in at the moment. Can anyone help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pam in Syracuse in Syracuse, New York

85 months ago

I am going on an interview in a few days for a case magr position. I would like to kknow some of the questions I might be asked

85 months ago

They will probably ask you about your strength and weaknesses. How well you can advocate for a client? You will have to give descriptions of what you done on each job and elaborate on the duties.

Always ask about the case load minimum and maximum and how often clients need to be contacted. Ask about team work? Open door policy?

Hope this was helpful!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

former case manager in Brentwood, New York

85 months ago

They may provide you with a case study and ask you to write a report.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wanting Wisdom in Wichita Falls, Texas

67 months ago

I have an upcoming opportunity to crossover from several years of clinical RN experience to Case Management and am not certain that I have a good picture of what that might entail. What does a typical day in the life of a Case Manager consist of? What things can I do to facilitate and strengthen my transition? Could someone please, help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wmercado1327@hotmail.com in New York, New York

40 months ago

Kiimmel in Elmira, New York said: Your response could be "The position that I am employed in was not what I expected and/or was not what was in the job description when I initially applied for it." You could also write the real reason why you are seeking employment. The truth is the best answer. If it is you, then that is a different situation. If it is an employee, respond to the question "Some and/or senior employees that possess tenure tend to purport that they run the business" or something or something along those lines. Hopefully this helps.

You could tell them the truth, that this job was not what you expected, and the opportunity to progressive advancement are not available at this time. Your chosen career path, is progressive and you shouldn't be force to remain in the same low level position for a substantial period of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

alycemoore692@yahoo.com in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

6 months ago

I am having problems with interviews period, can someone assist me in some type of training for interviews.

6 months ago

Where can I go to get training for interviews...

6 months ago

Just be Honest

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.