Army Chaplaincy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

royaphill

47 months ago

I'm a prior service veteran who is working on my Bachelor's in Christian Studies. I have had the call to ministry for some time now, and want to go back into the Army as a Chaplain. What can I do to prepare now while still in undergrad school besides getting involved in a local church. I am looking a the Reserve Chaplain Candidate program, and any suggestions as to what I can do to prepare now would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Father Kenneth Bicknell in Bluffton, Indiana

36 months ago

royaphill said: I'm a prior service veteran who is working on my Bachelor's in Christian Studies. I have had the call to ministry for some time now, and want to go back into the Army as a Chaplain. What can I do to prepare now while still in undergrad school besides getting involved in a local church. I am looking a the Reserve Chaplain Candidate program, and any suggestions as to what I can do to prepare now would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks!

I am also working towards becoming a military chaplain. Once you have your bachelor's degree of no less than 120 semester hours or are in your senior year of college you can apply for the chaplain candidate program. You will also need to be a full-time graduate student at an accredited seminary or theological school in order to qualify. After you meet these requirements, I suggest finding an endorsing agency that will grant ecclesiastical endorsement and then speak to a chaplain recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.