Interview Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming chaplain interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

joe in Richmond, Virginia

88 months ago

be yourself. As a chaplain you are talking, listening and giving spiritual advise, don't be afraid to talk about religion, God and what you believe the patient and family will gain from you if hired as a chaplain. Stress that you are a good listener nad you do beleive

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

will in Tulsa, Oklahoma

74 months ago

looking for chaplain job/experience in Tulsa. Have MDiv. Any help would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

rachel1234 in Dublin, Ireland

59 months ago

joe in Richmond, Virginia said: be yourself. As a chaplain you are talking, listening and giving spiritual advise, don't be afraid to talk about religion, God and what you believe the patient and family will gain from you if hired as a chaplain. Stress that you are a good listener nad you do beleive

Dear Joe, your comment was indeed very helpful but I was wondering could you give me some insight as to what questions may be asked I have an upcoming interview in a few weeks and I am very very nervous. My email address is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hgueho in Sydney, Australia

27 months ago

Hi I have a job interview for a chaplin job next week, i will be ask 6 questions do you have any idea to what the lines would be.

thanks
nervous
helen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sr/ Ann R. Pennington, SFCC in Jacksonville, Florida

7 months ago

joe in Richmond, Virginia said: be yourself. As a chaplain you are talking, listening and giving spiritual advise, don't be afraid to talk about religion, God and what you believe the patient and family will gain from you if hired as a chaplain. Stress that you are a good listener nad you do beleive

A note to the person who made the first comment. If you want people to see you as a professional be careful to check your spelling. I found three spelling errors in that person's comment:
"advise" (should be "advice"), "adn"(should be "and"), "beleive" (should be "believe").

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.