Undergrad wanting to become a Chaplain?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

Jess in Freehold, New Jersey

32 months ago

Hopefully some of you will be able to offer some suggestions. I am currently a semester away from graduating with my B.A. while completely my Certificate in Christian Apologetics. I am also the Vice President of my college's Ratio Christi chapter (Apologetics campus ministry).

I am starting to look for seminaries to attend but would also like to get a head start in developing some hands on experience to become a Chaplain. I currently have the opportunity to do an internship with either a hospice organization or possibly the local V.A. hospital to attain my internship in Gerontology. I am hoping the internship may assist me with obtaining a job once I complete my M.Div.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can build up my real-life experience and resume with chaplaincy work? I know I am not able to work as a Chaplain until I obtain my M.Div and complete the CPE requirements, but is there anything I can do now to start preparing? Ultimately I feel called to be a Chaplain for the V.A. or possibly the prison system.

I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thank you & God bless!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.