Undergrad wanting to become a Chaplain?

Comments (1)

Jess in Freehold, New Jersey

38 months ago

Hopefully some of you will be able to offer some suggestions. I am currently a semester away from graduating with my B.A. while completely my Certificate in Christian Apologetics. I am also the Vice President of my college's Ratio Christi chapter (Apologetics campus ministry).

I am starting to look for seminaries to attend but would also like to get a head start in developing some hands on experience to become a Chaplain. I currently have the opportunity to do an internship with either a hospice organization or possibly the local V.A. hospital to attain my internship in Gerontology. I am hoping the internship may assist me with obtaining a job once I complete my M.Div.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can build up my real-life experience and resume with chaplaincy work? I know I am not able to work as a Chaplain until I obtain my M.Div and complete the CPE requirements, but is there anything I can do now to start preparing? Ultimately I feel called to be a Chaplain for the V.A. or possibly the prison system.

I'd love to hear any suggestions. Thank you & God bless!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.