Are chemical engineer job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most chemical engineer opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

bernadine in Manila, Philippines

67 months ago

i am a license chemical engineer. I am looking for engineering jobs that doesn't need experience. Hoping for a possibility to be employed. Hope you can help me directing to places where chemical engineering is in need.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Jobless & Homless in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

57 months ago

I live in the U.S. and engineering careers have plummeted in the past few years. A growing number of mid-range experienced people are unemployed leaving the entry level candidates with no chance of obtaining a position. I graduated with 40 others and two years ago the placement rate was 90% 6 months after graduation and when I graduated the number was below 10%.

I live in Idaho, but for some reason all of these job sites seem to think I live in Iowa and since employers use the same database and software to search for candidates it makes getting a position very difficult. Even if I physically hand my resume and it has my address on it, I get a phone call saying "we are showing you live in Iowa, we are not looking for out of state candidates."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chemical undergrad in Chicago, Illinois

52 months ago

I agree with jobless , the placement rate has dropped astonishingly during the past 2 - 3 years. i am a chemical engineering undergrad and there are hardly any jobs for us. If u graduated 3 years ago , you would be placed with a job pretty quick. Im still looking for an entry level chemical engineering job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pcs in Ann Arbor, Michigan

39 months ago

I may have a job for you in MI . How can I contact you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Abdel in Montréal, Quebec

32 months ago

Did you find a job finally ?
I'm a new graduated chemical engineer , me and all my classmates have this problem actually ,
what do you think ?

Jobless & Homless in Cedar Rapids, Iowa said: I live in the U.S. and engineering careers have plummeted in the past few years. A growing number of mid-range experienced people are unemployed leaving the entry level candidates with no chance of obtaining a position. I graduated with 40 others and two years ago the placement rate was 90% 6 months after graduation and when I graduated the number was below 10%.

I live in Idaho, but for some reason all of these job sites seem to think I live in Iowa and since employers use the same database and software to search for candidates it makes getting a position very difficult. Even if I physically hand my resume and it has my address on it, I get a phone call saying "we are showing you live in Iowa, we are not looking for out of state candidates."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in New York, New York

21 months ago

What about in New York? Are the prospects better or are just the foreigners taking those jobs as well?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.