Show me the money...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What are typical chemical operator salaries? Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Rochester, NH

91 months ago

The main reason that I can see there is a difference in salaries is because some shops are union and some are not. I could prove this by personal experiences. The non union shops watch what the union shops are paying in the local area and then give their employees much less because they can do it with no recourse.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steve farawell in Elizabeth, New Jersey

66 months ago

Kevin in Rochester, NH said: The main reason that I can see there is a difference in salaries is because some shops are union and some are not. I could prove this by personal experiences. The non union shops watch what the union shops are paying in the local area and then give their employees much less because they can do it with no recourse.

not so,most non-union companies give better benefits to their employees and when it's time to get laid off,it won't be by sinority either,but by who is the poorest worker.if you are a good worker and come in every day,you will stay on with the company.3x i worked for a union and 3x got laid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.