Are Child Care Provider job opportunities growing or declining?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most Child Care Provider opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

bamaprekpro in Enterprise, Alabama

47 months ago

I am finding it to be very hard to find a job in childcare. I am an educated, skilled early childhood education professional and I am finding that the job market in my area is very scarce. I'm using networking opportunities to try to get interviews. Some daycare owners worry that I'm a big "no-it-all" and that will want more money than they can pay. I am soooo frustrated. I am working now as an "on call" substitute preschool teacher. I think that I got informally "deomted" because of a problem I had with one of the after school aides. I got in trouble last month when I calmly told the afters-school aide that I would appreciate it if she wouldn't yell at my children. I told her to please walk over to them and address them in a civil low-toned voice. I told her that I have been trying to teach the kids that yelling is for outside and that we talk quietly inside. The after-school aid complained to the director that I had "insulted" her in front of the children. The director told me that I shouldn't be critical of my coworkers teaching styles.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JoJacob in San Luis Obispo, California

43 months ago

I run a site that lists local providers of child care in cities across the U.S. It also seems to me that even though there are a lot of providers, the opportunities are declining. Maybe the fact that there are so many providers already makes it especially hard for other to join the child care provider job.

The website is www.childcareselect.com/ btw,

- J

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.