Looking to hire a Civil Engineer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

SPS in West Point, Mississippi

50 months ago

I'm in North Mississippi, and I think I may be ready to hire a Civil Engineer to work with my company on a full time basis. We administer bids for cities and counties and have recently had the opportunity to manage a street repair project for a small town, even though we are not civil engineers. We'll be managing the quantities, keeping track of asphalt deliveries, etc., and utilizing the state aid green book as our specifications.

I'm interested in expanding my operation into doing full projects for street repair, small sewer and possibly other smaller construction projects, such as pump stations, etc., and thought that it may be time to look into hiring a CE.

How should I go about hiring a CE if I'm not specifically an engineering firm, but rather a procurement consulting firm? My relationship with other civil engineering firms is tenuous at best, since when we use our process to administer bids, we tend to save our clients money, which is turn reduces the engineering firm's fees, which they tend not to like a whole lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rcabilingreales@yahoo.com in Omaha, Nebraska

50 months ago

SPS in West Point, Mississippi said: I'm in North Mississippi, and I think I may be ready to hire a Civil Engineer to work with my company on a full time basis. We administer bids for cities and counties and have recently had the opportunity to manage a street repair project for a small town, even though we are not civil engineers. We'll be managing the quantities, keeping track of asphalt deliveries, etc., and utilizing the state aid green book as our specifications.

I'm interested in expanding my operation into doing full projects for street repair, small sewer and possibly other smaller construction projects, such as pump stations, etc., and thought that it may be time to look into hiring a CE.

How should I go about hiring a CE if I'm not specifically an engineering firm, but rather a procurement consulting firm? My relationship with other civil engineering firms is tenuous at best, since when we use our process to administer bids, we tend to save our clients money, which is turn reduces the engineering firm's fees, which they tend not to like a whole lot.

Acquire the general licensing requirement for the CE acceptable by your client; such as EIT,PE,BSCE or whatever, then you may get your CE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.