Tips for claims representative interviews.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming claims representative interview?

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

Reply - Report abuse

Lisa Pettitt in Victorville, California

93 months ago

Host said: Do you have any tips to help prepare for an upcoming claims representative interview?
I am interested in this information as well. Please

Are there common interview questions that come up again and again?

I have an interview set up this Monday for the same position. If there is any advise that could help, I would really appreciate it.
Thank you,
Lisa

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Betty Ford in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Many claim representative positions are behavioral based. They will ask questions about specific past experiences. IE when you have had a difficult customer, co worker, or manager.. how have you handled this? or Tell me about a time when you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome of that decision? or Give us an example of what you would do to overcome someone's objections to your decision. How would you tell a customer that you were not going to be able to offer them payment for a catastrophic loss.

Mostly it is important to be confident, open to learning and positive, if you have no experience in claims. An entry level applicant only needs to be able to learn quickly, able to multi task, be detail oriented and have a great attitude. You can learn to be an excellent claims rep if you are driven to do so. The right person for an entry level trainee position only needs to be able to prove themselves the right TYPE of person for the job. This is heavy, face paced, complex work. It is not a paper shuffling position and certaily not for the intellectually challenged.

I hope this helps for all those going forward. I was too late for the above to queries.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.