What do you enjoy most about your class a driver career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a class a driver? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

hiro in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

Driving truck is just like paid-vacation.All expence are paid by company but your meals. And you drive a truck in stead of motorhome.You can't decide where to go.It's up to your company to decide.So it's like mystery tours you don't know where to go until last moment.
What I hate about truck job is waitin long long long hours at shippers and consignees.Sometime you have to wait hours and hours. My longest record was 13 hours doing nothing but waiting and waiting and waiting and waitin....................................................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

randy in Oneida, New York

79 months ago

nothing, I enjoy nothing about the trucking industry. I am trying desperatly to get out of it. The trucking companys tell one thing and do an other. I hate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

frombelair in Worcester, Massachusetts

53 months ago

what I like about trucking ? nothing...there is not one trucking company out there that will treat you with respect, none, you are an idiot, they say there is a shortage of drivers, absolutly not, there is a shortage of companies that pay drivers right, i drove with NFI 2500 miles, i got a $450 check,i quit, companies want there load delivered on time, the hell with the driver, i worked up to 18 hours shifts, and stayed up up to 25 hours waiting and driving and unloading , companies don`t respect DOT hourly rules, they don`t get the ticket you do, i quit trucking for good last week. no more working 24/7, no more driving in the snow , ice and blizards,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.