How to get a job at 56 in Indep, Mo

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

jksparkle55

70 months ago

I'v been without work for 2 yr's. Spend 3 Day's a week applying and searching. Was with a Company for 28 yr's.
They keep letting go of everyone I worked with. I have applied for positions "Not Quilified For" on the Mo. Career Source Center. A Receptionist? I was an Analyst for Hallmark Card's, I feel I was pretty much forced out, but, own a Home and a car, dont want to be on unemployment, just dont understand...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

doubledee725@aol.com

68 months ago

I AM 56 YEARS OLD,HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK OVER A YEAR. I HAVE APPLIED AND LOOKED FOR OFFICR WORK OR CASHIER POSITIONS,BUT IT SEEMS LIKE NOONE WANTS TO HIRE PEOPLE IN OUR AGE GROUP.PEOPLE IN OUR AGE GROUP ARE THE HAQRD WORKING ONES,WHO DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING AND ARE THER ON TIME AND DEDICATED TO WHAT THEY DO. WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO RWEALIZE THAT THE OLDER GENERATION ARE THE MORE RELIABLE ONES.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

trish in Rossville, Georgia

68 months ago

doubledee725@aol.com said: I AM 56 YEARS OLD,HAVE BEEN OUT OF WORK OVER A YEAR. I HAVE APPLIED AND LOOKED FOR OFFICR WORK OR CASHIER POSITIONS,BUT IT SEEMS LIKE NOONE WANTS TO HIRE PEOPLE IN OUR AGE GROUP.PEOPLE IN OUR AGE GROUP ARE THE HAQRD WORKING ONES,WHO DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERY LITTLE THING AND ARE THER ON TIME AND DEDICATED TO WHAT THEY DO. WHEN ARE PEOPLE GOING TO RWEALIZE THAT THE OLDER GENERATION ARE THE MORE RELIABLE ONES.

I am only 39 years old and have had the same thing happen to me and I have a Bachelor's degree and 17 years in the Medical Insurance Industry. I saw the trend after a year of searching and obtained my CNA license. I will take my exam in January, then I will go on to nursing school. I wish you the best, as I do believe the economy is worse than what employers want people to believe. The jobs are posted but not really there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

marsha marion in El Segundo, California

64 months ago

Well Im 55 years old and have raised all my children, and now Im bored to death and want to enjoy myself, but with no job its hard. I have previous clerical skills and use them on a daily basis. If I could just get someone to trust in me, I would be a very good employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chryslumum in Kansas City, Missouri

56 months ago

Join a UnEmployment Program that Help People in their 50s to Get Jobs
Its out Their. And Im 46. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.