What are typical clinical data manager salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

aw7805 in Bedminster, New Jersey

87 months ago

what is the market value of a Clinical Data Manager in ny/nj with 5 years experience on multinational studies?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kdonahue in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I am a recruiter. For a position in NJ, my client is paying up to $90,000/yr for someone with a degree and at least 2 years at the manager level. If you are looking and are authorized to work in the US, send me your resume. krystal.donahue@discoverysolutions.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D in San Francisco, California

69 months ago

Host said: Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

I've made as little as $50,000 when I started out as a data manager (with some experience in the pharma industry and a bachelor's) to $115,000 after about 8 years of experience and a master's. Sponsor companies seem to pay more than CROs or investigative site jobs. I haven't noticed that larger companies pay any more or less, but the benefits tend to be better at the larger companies. Once you move into a data management position where you're also managing other folks, you'll be able to ask for $120,000. After that you're at the director level, and making around $140-150k annually. Also, I've noticed that the pharma/biotech hubs such as CA, NJ, and PA have higher salaries than those in the South or Midwest.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

anna in San Jose, California

62 months ago

D in San Francisco, California said: I've made as little as $50,000 when I started out as a data manager (with some experience in the pharma industry and a bachelor's) to $115,000 after about 8 years of experience and a master's. Sponsor companies seem to pay more than CROs or investigative site jobs. I haven't noticed that larger companies pay any more or less, but the benefits tend to be better at the larger companies. Once you move into a data management position where you're also managing other folks, you'll be able to ask for $120,000. After that you're at the director level, and making around $140-150k annually. Also, I've noticed that the pharma/biotech hubs such as CA, NJ, and PA have higher salaries than those in the South or Midwest.

I have completed some courses in Biotechnologya and have Bachelor's degree in Chemistry. I am based in East Bay and would like to get into the clinical data mangement area, which I am hoping the Job market is better. Any help would be appreciated to get started on this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RG in Lowell, Massachusetts

55 months ago

Does anyone have any recent openings for an entry level CDM position in the Massachusetts area? I have a lot of experience in multi-national studies and a strong background in clinical data management, but not directly as a CDM - any suggestions would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rdiao7@yahoo.com in Morris Plains, New Jersey

28 months ago

Dear Krystal Donahue,

Hope everything goes well for you1 I completed CRA/CDM trainings. Currently I am completing the Oracle clinical course. I am interesting in moving into clinical data management area. Do you have openings in this CDM in northern NJ?

Thank you very much in advance!

I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Rong Diao

kdonahue in Baltimore, Maryland said: I am a recruiter. For a position in NJ, my client is paying up to $90,000/yr for someone with a degree and at least 2 years at the manager level. If you are looking and are authorized to work in the US, send me your resume. krystal.donahue@discoverysolutions.net

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey

25 months ago

Hi Krystal,
I am looking for a job in cdm in NJ.Currently are there any openings.I have 2yrs of experience from India.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.