Getting a clinical research assistant job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

Host

How did you get your start doing clinical research assistant work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

kimberly in Stevens Point, Wisconsin

86 months ago

Ofelia ortiz in Hayward, California said: i'm interested the Reseach clinical Laboratory field.

Look into getting a CLS degree...CLinical Lab Scientist...they're tough to get, but, man are there alot of jobs out there, especially in CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DR.RAGHUNATH in Bangalore, India

70 months ago

research is research we can do anything, nothing is impossible in the world but it need pation that is called researcch........ realy i like clinical reseach i want to do something new. right now iam student of clinical reseach i know little bit about research how to do, what to do, when to do,but i don't know how to enter in the research company and even the main thing i don't know how to phase interview.............. plz guide me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

spandana vootukuri in San Antonio, Texas

69 months ago

Hi all,
I am Spandana Reddy, I have done my Masters in Biotechnology from Texas. I am looking forward to doing clinical research certification. I am completely new to clinical field and I need your suggestion about this field and the if my choice of CRA is right or is there some other certification or course I can do to get into the clinical research field.

Thank you,
Spandana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Myrna in West Chester, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

[QUOTE who="spandana vootukuri

If you are working in a company,I recommend for CTI or CPI certification. If you are not then better go for CRA or CTC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vasavi R Baddam in Hyderabad, India

66 months ago

spandana vootukuri in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi all,
I am Spandana Reddy, I have done my Masters in Biotechnology from Texas. I am looking forward to doing clinical research certification. I am completely new to clinical field and I need your suggestion about this field and the if my choice of CRA is right or is there some other certification or course I can do to get into the clinical research field.

Thank you,
Spandana

ya its good idea to go for CRA Certification. i did the same from www.cra-cert.org/
All da Best.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rina Shah in Pompano Beach, Florida

65 months ago

I earned my Masters in Public Health and looked into a career in clinical research. Unfortunately, living in Florida in the state of this economy, there are not many positions available for fresh graduates in this field. So, for the meantime, I have been doing an internship in Clinical Research to gain real experience. I now have a tremendous amount of experience gained in a short amount of time, so if anyone knows of anyone hiring for a Clinical Research Assistant, please let me know!

ravikiranvasireddy in Tyler, Texas

65 months ago

Ms. Vasavi,

You said you cleared the CRA exam. But it is asking for 3 years of work experience. I am a recent graduate with masters in biotechnology and currently working in clinical microbiology lab. I have over 1.5 years of work experience part time in the university while doing my Masters. Does this experience count or do I need to have 3 years of full time experience.

Thank you..
Ravi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jani in New York, New York

64 months ago

spandana vootukuri in San Antonio, Texas said: Hi all,

Thank you,
Spandana

Hello Spandana,
American Scitech Research Institute: We're a New Jersey Board Of Education Certified vocational school that trains Clinical Research Associate. Our program consists of a 6 month training and 6 month internship thereafter so you have some experience. Our Affiliated CRO can hire you full time if your work is satisfactory. for more information visit our website www.cratrainingandjobs.com or email me at hitesh.jani@cratrainingandjobs.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

paul from NY in New York, New York

63 months ago

Jani,

I've been a certified CRC for 4-5 years, but have not been able to find work since my last contract concluded at the end of 2008. Wondering if you can offer any help for those with prior experience who are only looking for jobs, not necessarily internships.

anna in Raleigh, North Carolina

58 months ago

Hello, i am intrested in breaking into the Clinical research field. Ideally i want work as a Clinical research associate. unfortunatel, most of the posting i see require one to be a RN or something to that effect. How do i essentially break into this field?? I have a Masters in Anatomical Sciences as well a BS in Biology and also experience workingin a clinical Lab.. What options do i have. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kavs in Lyndhurst, New Jersey

54 months ago

Hi
I am foreign medical graduate and done some courses of MPH but was not able to graduate due to some reason.
I am interested in clinical Research, is there any way to get the job in CR?

thx

Sonya in Markham, Ontario

53 months ago

Hi,
I have done my Masters in Biotechnology from India. I am looking forward to doing clinical research certification. I am completely new to clinical field and I need your suggestion about this field and the if my choice of CRA is right or is there some other online certification or course I can do to get into the clinical research field and also where can I volunteer to get experience in this field

Thanks,
Sonya

Birara in Suwanee, Georgia

37 months ago

anna in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hello, i am intrested in breaking into the Clinical research field. Ideally i want work as a Clinical research associate. unfortunatel, most of the posting i see require one to be a RN or something to that effect. How do i essentially break into this field?? I have a Masters in Anatomical Sciences as well a BS in Biology and also experience workingin a clinical Lab.. What options do i have. Thank you

Hi Anna, my advice may not be timely after 20 months of your post. Here is my advice if you still didn't break into the clinical research field. Start by enrolling for certificate program for Clinical Trials Research at Durham Tech community college. The college has great instructors with tremendous professional networking experience. That is why I'm enrolled in that program for Associate Degree. The very good thing is that you are in the Triangle area where many many clinical trials are being conducted. Good Luck!
Birara

RIMZAA in Hollywood, Florida

37 months ago

Sonya in Markham, Ontario said: Hi,
I have done my Masters in Biotechnology from India. I am looking forward to doing clinical research certification. I am completely new to clinical field and I need your suggestion about this field and the if my choice of CRA is right or is there some other online certification or course I can do to get into the clinical research field and also where can I volunteer to get experience in this field

Thanks,
Sonya

Hi Sonya,

I an having the issue as you do. I did my MS from PGIMER , Chandigarh. I was wondering if you have found any guidance you can share.

Thanks,
Rimzaa

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.