Becoming Independent CRA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 108)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Independent CRA to be in Silver Spring, Maryland

97 months ago

I am a Certified Clinical Research Associate looking to pick up contract work (or become independent). I have 7+ years of monitoring, and also have data management and project management experience. I briefly worked for one of the big CROs, but it was not a good fit.

I am looking to talk with someone about the best way to get contract work. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sanghamitra in Newark, New Jersey

96 months ago

Josh Coker in Little Elm, Texas said: I work for a clinical consulting firm. I would be intersted in answering your questions or to help place you with a company as a CRA.

Hi Josh,
Can I please get your contact details.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theresa in Winnipeg, Manitoba

96 months ago

What is the salary range for a CRA; please provide an entry level salary for someone who just completed a training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sanghamitra in Jersey City, New Jersey

96 months ago

Its somewhere around $40K per annum.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

96 months ago

sanghamitra
r u working as cra.plz let me know who are hiring entry level cra.
thanks
sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sam in Toronto, Ontario

96 months ago

Josh Coker in Little Elm, Texas said: I work for a clinical consulting firm. I would be intersted in answering your questions or to help place you with a company as a CRA.

I am looking for entry level cra position. plz can u help me in getting cra position.
thanks
sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

joshcoker in Little Elm, Texas

96 months ago

I am currently seeking contract CRA's for various positions available in the US. I do come across available work for permanent CRA's as well. Feel free to email me your CV @ jcoker@fidelisscientific.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey

96 months ago

Hello,
My name is Sanghamitra and we do train people in CRA if possible may I forward their resume to you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey

96 months ago

Hi Sam,

I am not working as a CRA but I do work for a training institute which provides CRA training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshcoker in Little Elm, Texas

96 months ago

Of course I will accenpt any application. My email is jcoker@fidelisscientific.com
Just as clarification on my previous entry.... I am currently looking for contract CRA's. I will of course accept any application since I do run across permanent placement for CRA's from time to time. Just didn't want any unrealistic expectations from any applicant who isn't doing contract work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey

96 months ago

okay thanks for the information

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sam in Mississauga, Ontario

96 months ago

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey said: Hi Sam,

I am not working as a CRA but I do work for a training institute which provides CRA training.

hai sanghmitra
for which training school u r working.plz let me know. i am interested in cra training.
thanks
sam

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vital Systems Inc. in Chicago, Illinois

96 months ago

Vital Systems, Inc. (www.vtlsys.com) in NW suburban Chicago is a growing CRO that offers a wide array of services to companies executing clinical trials; however, we primarily focus on clinical monitoring/operations, data mgmt, and stats. We are in search of contract CRAs, especially those based in the Midwest, to partner with as future projects arise so that Vital Systems, Inc. can offer its clients CRAs regionally located.

If you are looking for new contract work (likely late 2008/early 2009), please send me your CV and hourly rate to (jobs@vtlsys.com). I will review your credentials and see if it makes sense to pursue a potential partnership. If so, we will contact you to set up discussion.

We'll likely be looking to hire some staff CRAs in 2009.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kandarp, CRA in Metuchen, New Jersey

95 months ago

Hello. I am an experienced CRA looking for new opportunity as my current project is coming to an end. Would you be able to assist me please.

I am available at kndrpmehta@gmail.com.

Regards
Kandarp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Federica McDonald in Irvine, California

95 months ago

Vital Systems Inc. in Chicago, Illinois said: Vital Systems, Inc. ( www.vtlsys.com ) in NW suburban Chicago is a growing CRO that offers a wide array of services to companies executing clinical trials; however, we primarily focus on clinical monitoring/operations, data mgmt, and stats. We are in search of contract CRAs, especially those based in the Midwest, to partner with as future projects arise so that Vital Systems, Inc. can offer its clients CRAs regionally located.

If you are looking for new contract work (likely late 2008/early 2009), please send me your CV and hourly rate to (jobs@vtlsys.com). I will review your credentials and see if it makes sense to pursue a potential partnership. If so, we will contact you to set up discussion.

We'll likely be looking to hire some staff CRAs in 2009.

Thanks!

I am interested in independent CRA work. Please email me your direct email address, I will attach my most recent CV for your review. I am located in Irvine, CA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amin in Markham, Ontario

93 months ago

Independant Clinical Research Consultant looking to pick up contract clinical trial monitoring or contract clinical project management consulting work with pharma/ CRO client in Ontario, Canada. Have over 10 years of Clinical research experience in all phases of research across multiple therapeutic areas. Possess advanced degrees in healthcare management.

If interested, please contact me at mjagani2005@queensbusiness.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

glendci in Lima, Ohio

93 months ago

I am interested in becoming a CRA. I am a Microbiologist and I moved from Puerto Rico to Ohio last summer. I have about 10 years of experience but working in the pharmaceutical industry as a Technology Scientific. I know how to write and execute validation protocols and develop summary reports. I was working with PPD in the last months as a Investigator Assistant and now I am very interested in the CRA career. Please if somebody knows or help me in how to start finding a job as an entry level CRA it would be very helpful for me. I know that I have the experience and the knowledge to execute that position.

Thanks

Glenda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in San Mateo, California

93 months ago

Independent CRA to be in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I am a Certified Clinical Research Associate looking to pick up contract work (or become independent). I have 7+ years of monitoring, and also have data management and project management experience. I briefly worked for one of the big CROs, but it was not a good fit.

I am looking to talk with someone about the best way to get contract work. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello,

We place independent CRAs in the pharma and biotech industry nationally. Please log onto www.focusmonitoring.com to submit your resume and we will get back to you quickly. We have contracts starting now and throughout the year, and our pay is very competitive.

Eric

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Eric in San Mateo, California

93 months ago

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey said: Hello,
My name is Sanghamitra and we do train people in CRA if possible may I forward their resume to you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Hello Sanghamitra,

Yes, please forward resumes to me - your assistance would be greatly appreciated, as we are currently looking for several CRAs.

Thank you,
Eric Wilkinson
eric@focusmonitoring.com
www.focusmonitoring.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ramana.jagarlamudi@*****.*** in Lodi, New Jersey

92 months ago

Hi i am looking for CRA training and placements in newjersy please help me where i can get Free training and placement thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

narmicrp in Scarborough, Ontario

92 months ago

Hi Josh,

I am a Clinical Research Professional in Toronto, ON
you can contact me at
narmi10@gmail.com

Thanks..
more info:
www.bkandntconsultinginc.com/081125_profile%20CV.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

narmicrp in Scarborough, Ontario

92 months ago

Hi Eric,..
do you have any placements in Canada?

I am a Clinical Research Professional in Toronto, ON
you can contact me at
narmi10@gmail.com

Thanks..
more info:
www.bkandntconsultinginc.com/081125_profile%20CV.pdf

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cliffbak in Toronto, Ontario

90 months ago

I am a biostatistian (Msc in Biostatistics+ Msc in Applied statistics).
I am looking for any entry level position in one of the following fields:
-biostatistician
-clinical data analyst
-SAS programmer
-CRA
Thank you for anyone who will assist me in my job search

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hana in Chicago, Illinois

90 months ago

[QIUOTE who="Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey"]Hello,
My name is Sanghamitra and we do train people in CRA if possible may I forward their resume to you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ramana in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

90 months ago

hey sanghamitra my name is ram. you sais u will give training for CRA.can u plz tell me are u still giving training for clinical research u can email me at ramana.jagarlamudi@hotmail.com
thanks and regards
ramana.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Huifeng in New York, New York

90 months ago

I am a Statistician (MA in Stastistics/BSc in Applied Mathematics). I have Base and Advanced SAS credentials for SAS 9.1. I am looking for a entry-level position in the following tracks:

- SAS Programmer
- Statistician
- Clinical Data analyst

Please contact hq2114@columbia.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Vital Systems in Schaumburg, Illinois

90 months ago

Huifeng -

Please send me your resume'. Vital Systems, Inc. is currently looking for a SAS Programmer. Vital Systems is a CRO specializing in assisting biotech and pharmaceutical companies achieve their clinical trial goals

Please send your resume to ronson.mahla@vtlsys.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

saima

90 months ago

I am very interested in becoming CRA. I have masters in biochem and biotechnology.Currently I am working in medical products testing lab.My questions are

How do you get entry level CRA job ?

What education/training is required if so how long ?

Thanks

saima

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

saima in New York, New York

90 months ago

Hi Satya,

I am in chicago so do you have any suggestions aboutschools which offer good CRA training and are well ranked.

Thanks for helping me .

saima

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

raman patel in Lodi, New Jersey

90 months ago

hello saima,
dont believe all these people who will tell u about the training and placement. I was running behind them for about 6 months nothing htey could start only they will try to sqeeze your money .
The best option is go for the RUTGERS University in new jersey. They will give the online course for CRA i think no need to mention about the University. its top rated university.They charge the best price for online course with proper certification which is valid all over the world. Trust me i had wasted al my valuble time running behind them.
All the best dont waste time and you can start your career on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ramana in Lodi, New Jersey

90 months ago

can u plz give the detals of the CRA training

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara 2009 in Hagerstown, Maryland

90 months ago

I have over 3 year experience as a CRC and would like to move into the CRA field. My back ground before this was a medical assistant and management in the medical field. I am knowledgeable on GCP, and past the "Protecting Human Subject Research Participants course."

Where do I begin. I looked a course for CRA and they were $1500 up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sushil in Union, New Jersey

90 months ago

Hi ramana. why dont you check for american scitech research institute. i have heard that they give you training with an internship which will help you to find better job options with better salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rakesh in Union, New Jersey

90 months ago

saima said: I am very interested in becoming CRA. I have masters in biochem and biotechnology.Currently I am working in medical products testing lab.My questions are

How do you get entry level CRA job ?

What education/training is required if so how long ?

Thanks

saima

Hi saima. you will not get an entry level job as a CRA unless you have some experience. there is a institute in NJ American SciTech. it offers training and internship. it will give you the experience needed as a CRA to get a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ramana in Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

90 months ago

Sushil in Union, New Jersey said: Hi ramana. why dont you check for american scitech research institute. i have heard that they give you training with an internship which will help you to find better job options with better salary.

thanks sushil certainly i will go there i am tired of the fruad consultancies who will keep changing theirs words. thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Julia Malko in Concord, Ontario

90 months ago

Hello!!!
I am Certified Clinical Research Professional in Canada, ON with solid medical background and various clinical research experience( from CRC to CRA and ending as Medical Review consultant). If someone is hiring right now for Canada and find my knowledge and experience is suitable within the organization please kindly let me know.
julia_malko@yahoo.ca
Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

saima in New York, New York

90 months ago

raman patel in Lodi, New Jersey said: hello saima,
dont believe all these people who will tell u about the training and placement. I was running behind them for about 6 months nothing htey could start only they will try to sqeeze your money .
The best option is go for the RUTGERS University in new jersey. They will give the online course for CRA i think no need to mention about the University. its top rated university.They charge the best price for online course with proper certification which is valid all over the world. Trust me i had wasted al my valuble time running behind them.
All the best dont waste time and you can start your career on

Thanks, I will check them.Do you know any universities in chicago which offer good training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenna in Montreal, Quebec

90 months ago

Josh Coker in Little Elm, Texas said: I work for a clinical consulting firm. I would be intersted in answering your questions or to help place you with a company as a CRA.

Hello, I'm a Quebec based CRA willing to go indenpendent. I have experience in the following therap. areas: CARDIOVASCULAR/HEMATOLOGY, ONCOLOGY, ENT, ENDOCRINOLOGY, NEUROLOGY, DERMATOLOGY, OPHTALMOLOGY
I have no travel restriction and I'm bilingual

Judging for these great comments, Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks a lot!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynwalsh7@*****.*** in South Orange, New Jersey

90 months ago

I have job openings in Northern New Jersey at a large Pharma Co they are looking for CTA's and CPM's. Contract and some perm. Please em Resume and contact info.
Thanks you,
L

Hana in Chicago, Illinois said: [QIUOTE who="Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey"]Hello,
My name is Sanghamitra and we do train people in CRA if possible may I forward their resume to you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Lynwalsh7@*****.*** in South Orange, New Jersey

90 months ago

If you know anyone willing to work in New Jersey please let me know.
Lynwalsh7@aol.com

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey said: Hi Sam,

I am not working as a CRA but I do work for a training institute which provides CRA training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lynwalsh7@*****.*** in South Orange, New Jersey

90 months ago

I have some openings in a Pharma Co in New Jersey they are looking for CTA and CPM. Please send resume with contact info. Thank you,L

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saima in Schaumburg, Illinois

89 months ago

I have been looking for CRA/CTA positions in chicagoland area with no luck. Can someone please suggest me how to get entry level job in this area or schools which offer internships.

Thanks for helping

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

karthikeyan in Piscataway, New Jersey

89 months ago

I am a Lead Clinical Research Associate based at Edison,NJ having 5 years experience in CRO and pharmaceutical companies so please contact me at karthikeyan.govindan@gmail.com as I am available for full time position at any location in USA

Thank you

Karthik

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Bismarck, Illinois

89 months ago

Independent CRA to be in Silver Spring, Maryland said: I am a Certified Clinical Research Associate looking to pick up contract work (or become independent). I have 7+ years of monitoring, and also have data management and project management experience. I briefly worked for one of the big CROs, but it was not a good fit.

I am looking to talk with someone about the best way to get contract work. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

I was in your position one year ago and I worked with a clinical career coach. Her website is www.IndependentCRA.net. I hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Bismarck, Illinois

89 months ago

saima in New York, New York said: Thanks, I will check them.Do you know any universities in chicago which offer good training.

Yes,

The University of Chicago and Northwestern University. Also, check with www.IndependentCRA.net. This woman has been in the industry for 19-years and has a wealth of information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Bismarck, Illinois

89 months ago

Jenna in Montreal, Quebec said: Hello, I'm a Quebec based CRA willing to go indenpendent. I have experience in the following therap. areas: CARDIOVASCULAR/HEMATOLOGY, ONCOLOGY, ENT, ENDOCRINOLOGY, NEUROLOGY, DERMATOLOGY, OPHTALMOLOGY
I have no travel restriction and I'm bilingual

Judging for these great comments, Do you have any advice for me?

Thanks a lot!

Before you work with a clinical recruiter to get a cra job as a contractor I strongly suggest you get training from someone who has been in the industry and worked as a employee CRA and Independent CRA. I wish I had of found my coach BEFORE I signed my first contract...Soooo much to know before you sign. But, the blessing is that I found her and I am a much smarter contract CRA now. Check out www.IndependentCRA.net and she how she can help you get started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Bismarck, Illinois

89 months ago

karthikeyan in Piscataway, New Jersey said: I am a Lead Clinical Research Associate based at Edison,NJ having 5 years experience in CRO and pharmaceutical companies so please contact me at karthikeyan.govindan@gmail.com as I am available for full time position at any location in USA

Thank you

Karthik

My clinical career coach as just release a new book called "The 2009 North American Clinical Blue Book." It contains over 200 resources and tips on how and where to get clinical jobs. You can buy it through her website site at www.IndependentCRA.net. The direct link to the book is:
www.independentcra.net/ICRABooks.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lynwalsh7@*****.*** in South Orange, New Jersey

89 months ago

Sanghamitra V Dalimbkar in Newark, New Jersey said: Hello,
My name is Sanghamitra and we do train people in CRA if possible may I forward their resume to you.

Please reply as soon as possible.

Hi,
I do have some openings if you know of anyone who is looking I would appreciate if you would forward my contact info. Thank you Lynne Peters
Lynwalsh7@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in San Diego, California

89 months ago

Marie in Bismarck, Illinois said: Please contact my clinical coach at www.IndependentCRA.net . I know she will be able to instruct you.

Hi Sanghamitra,
You can always join CRAlife (for Free) and discuss this topic with over 850 of your peers (for free). Our site is dedicated to CRA's (no recruiters, trainers or life coach's). A group of 40+ contract CRAs started a group. I know you can get good advice without there.
Jeff
Jeff@cralife.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Aditi in Piscataway, New Jersey

89 months ago

Hi Sanghamitra,

I wanted to inquire about the CRA training you offer. Please can you provide me with details at adtshah@gmail.com

Thanks,
Aditi

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.