CRA Training - Schools in Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 1060)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

harman poonia in Brampton, Ontario

83 months ago

Jason in Burlington, Ontario said: Hi all,

I recently became interested in clin research as a career. However I do not have the training or experience. Can anyone recommend training institutions, or know of a list of college's or universities that offer certification programs? I currently know of only Humber college and McMaster University near my location in Ontario.

Thanks,
Jay.

hi jay
myself doing CRA program , its online program from kriger. u can search www.krctraining.com. its of 2 months. gud luck .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

harman poonia in Brampton, Ontario

83 months ago

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario said: Can any one guide me how much is the fees for Kriger course and what are the scope of becoming a CRA after the course.

Thanks,

hi rafi
kriger fee $1800 something . but u can apply for scholarship from IBAP www.ibap.com. this way ur fee would be arnd CAD 1400 or so.

good luck
harman

Nicholas in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

Sarah in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi all,

I recently became interested in clin research as a career. However I do not have the training or experience. Can anyone recommend training institutions, or know of a list of college's or universities that offer certification programs? I currently know of only Humber college and McMaster University near my location in Ontario.

Thanks,
Jay.

Hi Jay,

I don't know if you're still looking- but I was looking for programs too and found one at Michener Institute for Applied Health Sciences in Toronto.. www.michener.ca/ce/postdiploma/clinical_research_associate.php#apply

Goodluck! Sarah

Hi all,
There is a new CRA Program started in Toronto, at Oxford College, see www.oxfordedu.ca Better than any online program and and as good or better than Humber.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Naveed Khaja in chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

Hi Guys,
This forum is really helpful. Just want to know more about KRIGER from any persons who already took it. I mean how is the real time project experience with this online course. Any success stories? Plzz let me know!!
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Naveed Khaja in chicago, Illinois

83 months ago

Irina in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Urmila,
Thanks for your advice. I will take Kriger (on-line). I guess it is less expensive then Humber College

Hi ,
This forum is really helpful. Just want to know more about KRIGER from any persons who already took it. I mean how is the real time project experience with this online course. Any success stories? Plzz let me know!!
thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Urmila in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

Dear Harman
Kriger online course is good but the fact that it is only for 2 months duration is not a fact.It is upto the candidate- some people may take 2 months,or 6 months. If you rush through the course it may not be beneficial. Just thought I would let you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario said: Can any one guide me how much is the fees for Kriger course and what are the scope of becoming a CRA after the course.

Thanks,

Fees for Kriger is $1880 and if you mention to them how you got to know you may get something like 300 off.

Irina in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

Rafi, if you go to Kriger site and fill application form to Scholarship, Kriger Center may give you discount around $400 dollars.
Good luck,
Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

Irina in Toronto, Ontario said: Rafi, if you go to Kriger site and fill application form to Scholarship, Kriger Center may give you discount around $400 dollars.
Good luck,
Irina

Thnaks Irina

For your advice, I will definately look forward for that.

Sincerely,

Rafi Ahmad

83 months ago

Hi-the project experience is really good. Its just like you would do in person-it covers everything. Take a shot at it. Kriger has online courses everywhere-Canada,USA,Africa,India-just to name a few.
Urmila

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hami in Brampton, Ontario

83 months ago

Hi! Every body
We all are working towards the common goal " a professional CRA acceptable in industry " every body is contributing their best for others to have better if not the best. Every disscussion or suggestion is worthy enough but the situation and need varies from person to person. One can not apply a proto type formula that fits all. The master formula is to get the quality and not to be ripped off.The factor that is going to determine your success is the degree of determination you have.We are lucky that we are on the right forum and all of our friends are very helpful and determined. It is my personal view that we should utilize this forum as long term goal provider rather than focusing on short term objectives. It will be highly appreciable if our peers/ mentors share their real life professional experiences and how the industry is moving.Presently it seems to me that it is a forum for selecting the institute for CRA.Please make it more powerful and more broader.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario said: Thnaks Irina

For your advice, I will definately look forward for that.

Sincerely,

Rafi Ahmad

Hello Rafi,
Let me know if you join Kriger online course. It is a good course and does cover all you need to know to get into the CRA field
Best of Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

Irina in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Urmila,
Thanks for your advice. I will take Kriger (on-line). I guess it is less expensive then Humber College

Hi Irina,
Glad to hear you took a good decision.Have you started the course?
Keep me updated. I like to hear the progress of people getting into this course.

Paritosh Lamba in Jersey City, New Jersey

83 months ago

Dear blog members,

This is further to Hami's message, I am in full agreement with the views expressed.
Most of the members are asking about the online courses like Kriger, Humber etc.
On an average everyday I receive 4-5 e-mails just for those kind of queries. We should benefit from the information which is already posted by other members and then go the course website and explore the options. For example, If you go to Kriger website there are hundred of responses already posted over there regarding the course.
I would strongly suggest that we should utilise the blog members knowledge and expertise in much more meaningful way by posting intellectual queries. This way members can benefit by this networking opportunity on this blog and achieve their long term career objectives by shared knowledge.

Regards,

Paritosh
New York

83 months ago

Hello Urmila,
I applied for scholarship and got approval today, so I will register as soon as possible and I hope start this course next week. Anyway, may be you know good Medical Coding courses.
All the best
Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rafi in Toronto, Ontario

83 months ago

How I can get the scholarship for kriger prograam

83 months ago

Apply to them directly just like Irin did.

83 months ago

Dear Jan,
Why did you decide to get away from on-line course? Did you find it not useful? Let me know.I think, if you don't put this course in your resume no one never even know you took it. It is never affect your job in future.
All the best,
Irina

83 months ago

Jan in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Irina,
I am currently enrolled in an online CRA program myself. As the program goes on, I started having doubts on the way that the program was conducted and how much I could get out of it. I was thinking to switch to a full-time in class program. From your personal experience, do you think it would affect my chances of getting a CRA job in the future in terms online or in class?

Jan,
What did you find doubtful about the online course?What is the name of the organisation you have registered online for this course?

ravi in Teaneck, New Jersey

82 months ago

AIPT USA offers one year extensive course with all visa guidance over 15 years. also provide Hostel and other facility.
caontact www.aiptedu.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi Paritosh!
Thanks for your valuable and unbiased suggestions. They are very practical non exagerated.I think any body can be benefited. I started taking benefits from your valuable suggestions. It is my suggestion to all they should follow your advice with out wasting time as they are very sincere. In terms of money and time it is safe too. I need your permission to contact you by e-mail as I have lots of quests.

Saima Aslam in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi Urmila,

I am interested in the kriger clinical research course and after going through the forum have noticed that you have a lot of information about the online course from kriger research.I was wondering what are the projects like ? do you work on them online ? is it just gathering information and writing up a report.Do i need to obtain certification after graduation ?
Your help will be apperciated
Thanks

82 months ago

Hello Saima,

The projects are done online as well as actual contact with people.At the end of the course completion you have an exam and you do get a certification. You can go online and register and also apply for a scholarship online.
Best of lick-let me know when you do join.

82 months ago

Urmila in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello Saima,

The projects are done online as well as actual contact with people.At the end of the course completion you have an exam and you do get a certification. You can go online and register and also apply for a scholarship online.
Best of lick-let me know when you do join.

Sorry Saima-its BEST OF LUCK

82 months ago

Hi Urmila

Would u please tell us about yourself that where do you stand now have u joined any CRA course or u have completed them. what are your experiences with them please share.Thanks

82 months ago

Hi Urmila!
By taking the Kriger course at what stage the student can come in contact face to face with persons who are really involved in the training or the research. What could be the occasion and duration for such contact your experience projection desired.
Thanks.

breddi

82 months ago

hi,

u dont contact any patients during ur project work. it is just online work. just 4th project u might contact some pharmacists and some of ur friends. it is not that much great work. but u get good idea wats going on and wat the monitors will do. i completed certificate program from kriger. but it is better to take inclass training rather than onlin even if it is bit expensive. u will come to know more people in class and even might be useful to get a job thru network. tahts my expereice so far..

82 months ago

Hi Breddi!
Thanks for your comments. Would u please tell us about yourself that where do u stand now. Have u joined any organization. What is your job description now. Did you take further course other than the Kriger one. How u got your job. How long it took to complete your course. How many hours you spend on kriger course per week please do guide us.What is the best way of networking in this professionplease guide.Can u please provide your e-mail address. I need to contact you.
Thanks.

breddi

82 months ago

Hi,

I joined at McMaster as well. I am going ot finish by April 2nd week. Right now I am volunteering in a hospital to get some exp. I didnt get job. I just got only one interview so far. I didnt get job there. Every body wants exp.Thats is why i am volunteering. That interview finished in 15 min. They didnt ask much. I did M.Sc in chemical biology from McMaster univ. right now inclass ccra program.

It took 5 months for me to finish every thing. If u sit and focus on it u can finish it in 3 months including project.

Professional contact u can only meet them if u r in field. Get some volunteer in any hospital so that u can meet monitors they might help u.

u live in brampton? I live near albion center on Kipling in Etobicoke,Toronto.

my mail id is breddi76@hotmail.com

Gud luck.

82 months ago

Dear Hami,
The face to face I mentioned was for a project

Saima in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

Hi Breddi,

Where are you doing you ccra program from.Is it Kriger ?

breddi

82 months ago

Hi,

I did CCRA program from Kriger. I got the Diploma. Though I am taking inclass training as well from McMAster univer. I am volunteering in Hospital.

Gud luck.

82 months ago

hi breddi,
how was the diploma ? and how are the referrence letters? what are u volunteering as in the hospital?

Magda in Saint Catharines, Ontario

82 months ago

Bonnie in Toronto, Ontario said: I have a question regarding the program that is offered by McMaster. I have a life sciences degree but based on the admission requirements listed by the university, it seems that you need 5 years of experience in clinical experience, health care teaching, administration or research. Are they absolutely adamant on the work experience? Because I only have 1 1/2 year of research experience.

Hey, not sure if you've received replies on this, but i contacted the prof about the course and she said that the five years of clinical experience was a must.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

You might want to check AAPS (www.aaps.ca) as well

lori in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

You might want to check www.aaps.ca

I have heard that it is a reputable school with good track record

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lori in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

You might want to check www.aaps.ca

I have heard that it is a very reputable school with strong program in Clinical Research

82 months ago

Have any of you tried to find out what the fee is like for AAPS? They are new and have been present at many job fairs and university open houses.No doubt the course content is very much like any other institute that runs the CRA courses but they had a high fee structure in 2006.

82 months ago

Magdha
Which year did you complete your degree-is it a BSc or MSc?Have you any work experience in a clinical related field?You can qualify if you have a combination of work experience alongwith your degree.

lori in Toronto, Ontario

82 months ago

You might want to check www.aaps.ca the seem to have a good comprehensive program going on.

Erin in Matawan, New Jersey

82 months ago

I am a recruiter in clinical research and was looking for free training to help me better understand the industry and thought you may appreciate advice from our standpoint.... I would absolutely recommend that you find a training course that has career placement after completion. It is extremely hard to find entry level positions that will consider candidates with no experience in clinical trials even with a certification. 99% of the time, companies are looking to see previous monitoring experience on the resume. Salary level varies for CRAs depending on years of experience, entry can pay as low as $45k, 4-5 years experience $80k+. Experience with oncology typically pays at a slightly higher salary so it is always a benefit to list therapeutic areas on resume..... I hope this helps!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shantel in Waterloo, Ontario

82 months ago

Thanks so much:) I think this is one of most helpful comments I've read so far.

avnit in Surrey, British Columbia

82 months ago

I would like to know if there are any CRA training schools in BC.

min jung kim in Seoul, South Korea

82 months ago

does anybody know how to post a question??
if so,
please tell me.
I've tried , but I haven't noticed..

82 months ago

Look at the bottom of the page-its just like you sent this queation-same way.

82 months ago

sunil in Brampton, Ontario said: Dear.
I need help as i want to join clinical research associates course.I was in pharma sales in india for 12 years and i found this course would be great help.
Is AAPS good enough?.Humber is the best but some people says you need to study where you get knowlege from teachers not online.so kindly guide me what to do??
thanks
sunil

Hello Sunil,

What are you doing now? When did you come to Canada?
I don't think Humbers course is online- they are regular classes. They also help in placement I think.

82 months ago

Hello Sunil,
Why don't you want to take Clinical Research Course from Kriger Center? I started few weeks ago and I am really satisfied. If you don't have Canadian expirience, I think it would be very useful and not really expensive. Let me know , if you have any questions. Good luck !
Irina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

Hi Irina, I was wondering sicne you just joined the clinical resarech course.How long do you think you can complete it in ? can it be done in two months ?

82 months ago

Hello Irina,
You didnt get back to me. I had asked if you are going to join Kriger. And if you want to finish in 2 months you can do that-but you will be putting full time study hours (8 hours)per day -7 days a week in order to complete it so fast.
If you are free and have no job - I'm sure you can do it. This will of course complete the course but it depends on how much you will be able to retain and reproduce when the time comes.
This is about learning not just grabbing a certificate.

82 months ago

Oh Sorry Irina-this comment was meant for Saima

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.