CRA Training - Schools in Canada?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1001 to 1050 of 1063)
Page:  « First « Previous   18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

hiji in Saint Albans, New York

29 months ago

Hi Nirmal

My name is hojo. I am struggling to pass the Kriger CRA exam. Can you help me.

Bye

Hojo
hmuha2@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Max in Scarborough, Ontario

29 months ago

Irina in Toronto, Ontario said: Hello Urmila,
I applied for scholarship and got approval today, so I will register as soon as possible and I hope start this course next week. Anyway, may be you know good Medical Coding courses.
All the best
Irina

Hi,
Would u plz provide me the information on potential scholarship grant for CRA program? I m planning to join the program.
Max

Nayana in Mississauga, Ontario

26 months ago

Hi All, I am planning to join the CR Program offered by Humber College, Toronto. It would be nice if anyone of you who would be able to guide me as to what is expected of me and as to how do the placements work? I would also like to know how the job scene is, do we get employed soon after the program?

Thanks for your reply in advance.
Nayana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Watson in Toronto, Ontario

26 months ago

Hello,

The program that humber teaches is great but i heard that there is another school in scarborough called Oxford College and their program is more comprehensive and all of their students are successful after they graduate. I am not sure of thier web id but recommend checking them out. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JP in Windsor, Ontario

23 months ago

HI, i am planing to study CRA in Humber college, Anyone who studied same course in humber please replay , I would like to know that ,is it any lincensing exam we need to write after graduation for getting a job,and Can please provide me details regarding admission tests, placements, job market etc . thanks have a good day

Shira in Kitchener, Ontario

23 months ago

Hi, I have been looking for a job in clinical trials for a while now, I have a masters degree in medical science and some clinical research experience but I am new to Canada and it makes it a bit more difficult. I am thinking of taking a course in clinical research and checked Oxford and Humber colleges and AAPS, my question is about the AAPS course, how good is it and most importantly is the placement at the end leads to a job?
Thanks

Janvi in Kolkata, India

22 months ago

Hi. I am a recent Genetics graduate from Uni of Liverpool UK, now residing in India. I was wondering how has the internship/co-op search experience been for international students. Is it difficult to get internships as international students or is it the same for all?

Thanks for your time. Much appreciated.

Janvi.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MM in Toronto, Ontario

22 months ago

Hi

I have applied for the clinical research program in Humber. Can anybody plz give me some idea on how to submit my cover letter n resume and what points should i highlight there

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in Toronto, Ontario

20 months ago

Hi..

I am planning to do the CCRA program from Mcmaster University. I am foreign graduate dentist. I wanted to know the scope. Will i get a job directly. They unfortunately do not offer internship. Is getting an entry-level job as a clinical research associate very difficult in Toronto.? Will i have a good future in Toronto?

TJW in Toronto, Ontario

20 months ago

Pooja in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi..

I am planning to do the CCRA program from Mcmaster University. I am foreign graduate dentist. I wanted to know the scope. Will i get a job directly. They unfortunately do not offer internship. Is getting an entry-level job as a clinical research associate very difficult in Toronto.? Will i have a good future in Toronto?

Did you consider checking with Oxford college, they have 3 months internship for their CRA program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Yes i checked oxford. Its a long story, I mean that college comes under career colleges and its their degree is not valid outside Ontario. My husband is in It and he keeps travelling around the globe. I need a degree that is valid round the globe. Thus i am opting for Mcmaster. I was late to apply for Humber. Will doing this course from Mcmaster help me get a good job ??

peg13 in Ottawa, Ontario

20 months ago

I would not be surprised if TJW works for or is affiliated with Oxford college. I would also be wary of any program which guarantees a position after you finish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

S in Mississauga, Ontario

20 months ago

Hi,
I have been following this forum for some time now. I needed some advice/input. I have received admission to both clinical research and regulatory affairs at Humber. I am unable to decide which I should go for. I like clinical, however, I am not sure how the scope of clinical research is in Canada as I am finding not too many jobs and most are on contracts. Does anyone know which of the two is better in terms of job outlook and salary? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Amitishaa K in Toronto, Ontario

20 months ago

Lucky dude.. got in both @ Humber.. I think clinical research has scope in Canada. I have seen job vacancy on a Workpolis and other sites. Is it difficult? I have heard thrs a lot of scope for clinical research.

20 months ago

Thank you for replying Amitishaa. I will look at Workpolis and try other sites as well. I am not sure if its difficult. It's just very hard to pick between the two.

20 months ago

S in Mississauga, Ontario said: Thank you for replying Amitishaa. I will look at Workpolis and try other sites as well. I am not sure if its difficult. It's just very hard to pick between the two.

You are most welcome. If i am not wrong Humber provides job placements right, post the course? Then y are u worried?

20 months ago

You are right, but I heard some students currently in the program were still waiting for placements. I was just trying to check out possible jobs in case the placement didn't work out. Thanks again!

Lokesh Mishra in Toronto, Ontario

20 months ago

Hi
I have reading this forum since few days. Can anybody guide me on how good and comprehensive is CCRA @ Mcmaster? Any student, alumini, who can tel me? I am very much interested in this course. It looks a good deal to me. Job prospects after the course?

20 months ago

VJ in Brampton, Ontario said: Try St Michael's Hospital , UHN hospitals (Mount Sinai, Princess Margret Hospital, Toronto General Hospital), St Joseph's hospital (Toronto and Hamilton), Hospital for Sick Children . You need to go in person and meet with them through human resources or PI. Sending just an e-mail and waiting for reply won't work. I also did that and now I am Research Coordinator .

Hey...I have got selected for Mcmaster's CCRA prog this Fall 2013. If i need to volunteer, from when should i start to apply at these hospitals? Will they give me a job, based on my acceptance letter from the university? I would love to volunteer at such hospitals to gain experience. Could you please guide me? Do u need like a work permit to volunteer as well? Il be on a study permit. Will i be eligible? Please help me.

Z in Mississauga, Ontario

20 months ago

Hey S,I got accepted into both programs too, and i am still debating which one to go to!

p in Brampton, Ontario

20 months ago

Z in Mississauga, Ontario said: Hey S,I got accepted into both programs too, and i am still debating which one to go to!

Hi Z, can you please tell me does humber asks for experience
of any kind while applying for the clinical research program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

20 months ago

Congrats Z! I am still debating too, but I think I might go with RA. I feel there are more opportunities in RA as well as more jobs I think. I also heard from humber that RA graduates are more successful than CR at finding a placement and most are hired afterwards. I really like CR though, but I might go with RA because it may be better in the long run.

20 months ago

P, humber does not ask for any experience when applying to CR. You have to write an English test and if you pass that test, then you're called in for an interview. The interview is the last stage and determines if you are accepted into the program or not. Hope this helps!

20 months ago

Thanks for replying, i think i am going for CR, do you know if internship is guaranteed? and what would be the starting salary for such position? also, what is the name of the certifcate that we receive when we finish the program? thanks again.

20 months ago

Hey P, they do not ask for experience and the interview determine admission. Although it might be beneficial if you have experience in the field of some sort since they look at the resume.

20 months ago

Hi Z, I am not sure about the internship being guaranteed. I know someone in the program who said many students are still waiting for an internship. I do not have an answer to the rest of your questions, sorry.

20 months ago

Is that internship trouble for both CR and RA?

20 months ago

That is for CR because the student is in that program

20 months ago

i'm a little confused now since they said that students get their internships at the end of the courses and most of them get hired

H in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

If i wish to volunteer as a clinical research associate in hospitals or universities and study the clinical research part time prog at the same time is it possible? How do i qualify myself to volunteer? Where do i go and register. I read above, so many ppl saying that you can volunteer & study.They dont pay you but ul hav experience. But my very simple question is how do i? what shud i do? wer do i go and request? will thy offer me if im doing a part time clinical research course at humber or seneca or mcmasters CCRA prog? i am so confused. Show me a way..

Heather in Brampton, Ontario

19 months ago

Try the PRAISE program at sickkids Hospital in Toronto. Visit their website, all the information you need can be found there.

poonam vaidya in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

I am trying for CR course in toronto. I did not get in humber. now i am confused between mc master which i have heard is good but requires 5 years exp and i have only 2, and AAPS. can anyone help?

poonam vaidya in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

I am trying for CR course in toronto. I did not get in humber. now i am confused between mc master which i have heard is good but requires 5 years exp and i have only 2, and AAPS and seneca. can anyone help?

19 months ago

Hi poonam... mcmaster is good.. i think you should apply their without delaying..
Try your luck thy might approve at mcmaster. Seneca is good bt i dont knw if its as good as mcmaster.In seneca its only one class a week while in mcmasters its evryday bases with more clinical workshops and all.. AAPS i dont have much knowledge & im not very keen..

sumeetkumar in Toronto, Ontario

19 months ago

poonam vaidya in Toronto, Ontario said: I am trying for CR course in toronto. I did not get in humber. now i am confused between mc master which i have heard is good but requires 5 years exp and i have only 2, and AAPS and seneca. can anyone help?

GO FOR OXFORD COLLEGE IT,S GREAT

Marisa in Richmond Hill, Ontario

10 months ago

Hi, everyone! I've read all the posts with great interest. I intend to go to CR. But now the problem is - in Humber the program was suspended. May be anyone knows why? It will be available just in September 2015. But it's too long to wait. So, I am considering about AACT and Oxford, but I would like to know if AACT offer internship or workplace as a part of program. And how these both colleges help students with getting jobs after graduating. Also it would be very appreciated if anyone share his or her experience with studying, finding a job and working in the field related to CRA. How it currently works?

Peter in Toronto, Ontario

10 months ago

Marisa in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: And how these both colleges help students with getting jobs after graduating. Also it would be very appreciated if anyone share his or her experience with studying, finding a job and working in the field related to CRA. How it currently works?

Hi Marisa,

I'm the librarian at Oxford College, so I can offer a few bits about our CRA program. Our program includes a three-month placement. We have a Career Centre which organizes the placement, putting the student with clinical researchers (usually in one of the main Toronto hospitals). In many cases this turns into a job for the student after the placement ends. Even if it doesn't, our Career Centre offers further assistance to help you find work in your field.

Peter

starfish in Hamilton, Ontario

10 months ago

Peter,

Can you provide numbers on these? What % of placements turn into jobs? What % of your students find jobs through your Career Centre?

Thank you.

Peter in Toronto, Ontario

10 months ago

starfish in Hamilton, Ontario said: Peter,

Can you provide numbers on these? What % of placements turn into jobs? What % of your students find jobs through your Career Centre?

The best person who can answer that question is our Placement Officer - her name is Phylicia Davis and you can email her at p.davis@oxfordedu.ca

Peter

PinPat in toronto, Ontario

10 months ago

CRA

10 months ago

PinPat in toronto, Ontario said: CRA

what is AACT?

10 months ago

Peter in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Marisa,

I'm the librarian at Oxford College, so I can offer a few bits about our CRA program. Our program includes a three-month placement. We have a Career Centre which organizes the placement, putting the student with clinical researchers (usually in one of the main Toronto hospitals). In many cases this turns into a job for the student after the placement ends. Even if it doesn't, our Career Centre offers further assistance to help you find work in your field.

Peter

Peter, thank you for your quick respond. Your information is very useful. I have heard about Oxford College as a very good place for learning CRA, and many people in this forum mentioned about it. But, of course, it is more important to make sure about further opportunity regarding your career.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

AACT - Academy Of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences.

10 months ago

what is the relation between AACT and AAPS?

sumeet kumar in Scarborough, Ontario

10 months ago

Marisa in Richmond Hill, Ontario said: Peter, thank you for your quick respond. Your information is very useful. I have heard about Oxford College as a very good place for learning CRA, and many people in this forum mentioned about it. But, of course, it is more important to make sure about further opportunity regarding your career.

I recommend oxford it,s the best. I am a former student excellent teaching 100% placement and a very high job conversion rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

10 months ago

PinPat in toronto, Ontario said: what is the relation between AACT and AAPS?

I'm sorry, it was a mistake, you're right - AAPC. I am still confuse with the abreviation.

starfish in Hamilton, Ontario

9 months ago

Peter in Toronto, Ontario said: The best person who can answer that question is our Placement Officer - her name is Phylicia Davis and you can email her at p.davis@oxfordedu.ca

Peter

I emailed Phylicia on February 27th and have yet to hear a response about the following:
1) length of time until job found
2) % of grads with a job in clinical research
3) % grads who have a job after grad
4) % grads with permanent vs. contract positions
5) % grads whose placement turned into a job

Yusra in Toronto, Ontario

9 months ago

kelly in Toronto, Ontario said: I took the Clinical Research Course at Humber and I would highly recommend it. Learn alot and are really prepared to go out into the field. Everyone got a job placement at the end for co-op and iwould say 90% of the people were hired by those placements. Placements were for pharma companies, CROs, and hospitals.

Hi Kelly,

The Humber program is a postgrad diploma program, right? Does everyone in the program get a placement for their third semester? Also, do you think there are high chances of employment right after graduation? Also, approximately how much would the salary be for recent graduates?

9 months ago

sumeet kumar in Scarborough, Ontario said: I recommend oxford it,s the best. I am a former student excellent teaching 100% placement and a very high job conversion rate.

Hi, approximately how much money would a recent graduate make? And are there high chances of moving up? And do you know if there are many job opportunities in Toronto- maybe around Markham, Scarborough, Richmond Hill, etc?

9 months ago

Peter in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi Marisa,

I'm the librarian at Oxford College , so I can offer a few bits about our CRA program. Our program includes a three-month placement. We have a Career Centre which organizes the placement, putting the student with clinical researchers (usually in one of the main Toronto hospitals). In many cases this turns into a job for the student after the placement ends. Even if it doesn't, our Career Centre offers further assistance to help you find work in your field.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Is the program at Oxford a postgrad diploma program?

Page:  « First « Previous   18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.