CRA Training resources

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 250 of 281)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

HerTina in Edison, New Jersey

45 months ago

Running for more than 3 years.
I know them personally,they have lecturer from industry, i am working as inter in NYU, because of them only.
They can assist u with internship near your place, ask them before joining.
All the best.

Tsma in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone know about the credibility of The Clinical Research Academy of America,Edison, Newjersey.They provide various courses in Clinical Research. I am looking at a 3 month course in CRA which is followed by a 3-6 month internship. Are they any good?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tsma in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

HerTina in Edison, New Jersey said: Running for more than 3 years.
I know them personally,they have lecturer from industry, i am working as inter in NYU, because of them only.
They can assist u with internship near your place, ask them before joining.
All the best.

Thanks for your response. What program did you choose and how is your internship going on, meaning is it very tedious? Are you gaining a lot of information? Can the internship be shown as a valid work experience? My major concern is one of finding an internship, and after doing my internship to find a sponsor. Do you have such concerns?

45 months ago

yes these are the concern but at least i am happy to have an internship otherwise i was struggling a lot.
Yes internship can be shown as experience.

44 months ago

They are offering several program now,i dont know the details but that time they were offering Certificate course in Clinical Research Associate Program, Clinical Data Management and in QA/QC.
I chose CRA prog. Don't forget to ask internship near your place.
For me NYU was preference.

Frank in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

I took a course at Michigan State University that was great! Their Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination program taught me alot - I had a lab background and helped me move into clinical research. I'm in data management now and love it! Alot of people say you don't need training or let your employer pay for it, but I know this program helped me interview better and I got my job as a result.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Proemed in La Habra, California

44 months ago

Frank, sounds great and congarulations on your new job. I believe sounds like the education gave you confidence. I would agree if you are someone who has a good background for clinical trials and a clinical trial program gives you the info to interview well that's great.

But I think the majority of people here aren't coming from backgrounds that are natural progressions to clinical trials, such as lab assistant, medical assistant, nurse working with a doctor on clinical trials, all these are natural transition jobs. A lot of people here have strong academic backgrounds such as Biochemistry, molecular biology, Kinesiology degrees and look to some for profit company to make them marketable in clinical trials. That just doesn't happen because its your work history that got you the interview in the first place. Without the work history you don't get the interview.

Liset01 in williamsburg, Virginia

42 months ago

Hi. I am transitioning from an RN to a CRC within my hospital. I am very excited. My new supervisor may pay for training. I'm considering the MSU Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination course. It will be easier to get reimbursement being a university course, but is it any good?

CRA in Mount Olive, Alabama

42 months ago

From what I have heard in this forum it sounds like people recommend. If you can, I wonder if you would be able to pursue a Masters degree? If you can obtain reimbursement for a masters degree program that may help you in the future that sounds like it would be much more beneficial. I completed my online MSHS at GWU in Clinical Research Administration and highly recommend this program… Just a though…

Medical Professional in Hillsborough, New Jersey

40 months ago

Hi all,

I read your suggestions and comments and they are very helpful. I have bachelors in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science. I am ASCP certified and have experience from working in hospital and biotech company. I worked in the clinical research lab where I tested the trial samples. While working closely with them I became interested in the position. So I took cra/crc online course with Barnett International to help me land a job but had no success. CRO's told me, I need at least 6 months of exp as a cra. After a while I gave up and went back to my original career but now I'd like to try again to transition into Clinical Research (CRA or CDM). I'd really appreciate if someone can guide me as to what I can do to get a job, either as a cra or in clinical data management. I read CRO's give comprehensive training and there are a lot of CRO's in princeton. Does anyone have any contacts in any of these cro's. I'd appreciate it so for any leads.

Again, thank you all for great advice. Keep them coming.

ps. based on what i've read it seems to me like training is not worth getting from a tech school such as craa or alike. What else can you suggest? I truly prefer to just get trained on the job.

Dr. Sumit, would you be able to provide me with contacts or help me in any way? Thank you in advance.

Confused in Hillsborough, New Jersey

40 months ago

Hi all,

I read your suggestions and comments and they are very helpful. I have bachelors in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science. I am ASCP certified and have experience from working in hospital and biotech company. I worked in the clinical research lab where I tested the trial samples. While working closely with them I became interested in the position. So I took cra/crc online course with Barnett International to help me land a job but had no success. CRO's told me, I need at least 6 months of exp as a cra. After a while I gave up and went back to my original career but now I'd like to try again to transition into Clinical Research (CRA or CDM). I'd really appreciate if someone can guide me as to what I can do to get a job, either as a cra or in clinical data management. I read CRO's give comprehensive training and there are a lot of CRO's in princeton. Does anyone have any contacts in any of these cro's. I'd appreciate it so for any leads.

Again, thank you all for great advice. Keep them coming.

ps. based on what i've read it seems to me like training is not worth getting from a tech school such as craa or alike. What else can you suggest? I truly prefer to just get trained on the job.

Dr. Sumit, would you be able to provide me with contacts or help me in any way? Thank you in advance.

wfleurin in Ann Arbor, Michigan

40 months ago

It's tough, isn't? It's not supposed to: Try CRACONNECTION.COM

Nan in Jersey City, New Jersey

40 months ago

Tsma in Chicago, Illinois said: Does anyone know about the credibility of The Clinical Research Academy of America,Edison, Newjersey.They provide various courses in Clinical Research. I am looking at a 3 month course in CRA which is followed by a 3-6 month internship. Are they any good?

Hi Tsma,I am also looking to join Clinical Research Academy of America.Have you joined?Do you have any other information regarding Clinical Research courses?

Jim in La Habra, California

40 months ago

Here we go again, sigh, if there were any program that could take truly entry level people and make them CRAs I would jump on it! So would thousands of others. Truth is there is no magic training program anywhere in the USA, and I assume you want to be a CRA/CRC or reg affairs in the USA. Remember, education can help you understand and become better but it wouldn't get you the job! Get the job, internship, experience first then get some good training. Otherwise they'll take your money and 6 months 9 months, 1 yr later you will wish you had a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Confused in Somerset, New Jersey

40 months ago

Nan in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hi Tsma,I am also looking to join Clinical Research Academy of America.Have you joined?Do you have any other information regarding Clinical Research courses?

I am also looking into Clinical Data management - Oracle Clinical at Clinical Research Acacemy of America but don't know their training reputation. They say the right things to get you enrolled but can't be sure how much of it is true.

I need to know soon b/c I need to choose a technical school fast in central jersey. Please help!

Confused in Somerset, New Jersey

40 months ago

Nan in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hi Tsma,I am also looking to join Clinical Research Academy of America.Have you joined?Do you have any other information regarding Clinical Research courses?

I am also looking into Clinical Data management - Oracle Clinical at Clinical Research Acacemy of America but don't know their training reputation. They say the right things to get you enrolled but can't be sure how much of it is true.

I need to know soon b/c I need to choose a technical school fast in central jersey. Please help!

40 months ago

Again,

CRA REsources at CRACONNECTION.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Again,

FRee resources: CRACONNECTION.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

confused in Hillsborough, New Jersey

40 months ago

"I took a course at Michigan State University that was great! Their Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination program taught me alot - I had a lab background and helped me move into clinical research. I'm in data management now and love it! Alot of people say you don't need training or let your employer pay for it, but I know this program helped me interview better and I got my job as a result."

Hello Frank....

You took cra/crc training so how did you end up in data management. I ask this because I would like to enter data management. As I said before, few years ago I took cra/crc training with Barnett International but now I'm thinking about getting data management with oracle clinical training. How's CRAA (clinical research academy of america) institute and their CDM and Oracle clinical programs? I'm leaning more towards Oracle clinical.

I need to make decision fast....please advice!

confused in Hillsborough, New Jersey

40 months ago

"I took a course at Michigan State University that was great! Their Clinical Research Monitoring and Coordination program taught me alot - I had a lab background and helped me move into clinical research. I'm in data management now and love it! Alot of people say you don't need training or let your employer pay for it, but I know this program helped me interview better and I got my job as a result."

Hello Frank....

You took cra/crc training so how did you end up in data management. I ask this because I would like to enter data management. As I said before, few years ago I took cra/crc training with Barnett International but now I'm thinking about getting data management with oracle clinical training. How's CRAA (clinical research academy of america) institute and their CDM and Oracle clinical programs? I'm leaning more towards Oracle clinical.

I need to make decision fast....please advice!

Julie in Clifton, New Jersey

39 months ago

Hi, Nan! Did you find any information about CRAA or maybe speak with somebody, who finish their program? I went to visit them, but still not sure if they are right for me. Did you check any other clinical research courses in NJ/NY?

clinresprof in New York, New York

39 months ago

HerTina in Edison, New Jersey said: They are offering several program now,i dont know the details but that time they were offering Certificate course in Clinical Research Associate Program, Clinical Data Management and in QA/QC.
I chose CRA prog. Don't forget to ask internship near your place.
For me NYU was preference.

HerTina, I was looking for an internship through this academy, which would eventually materialize into a job. How was your internship and what are the chances that you land up getting a job? Your input regarding this will be immensely helpful.

Taruna in Frisco, Texas

35 months ago

Hi All,
I was working in a biotech company for last three years. Now want to take a leap toward CRA position. Thinking to get online training from clinical research training Inc. Any kind of reviews about it would be really helpful. I appreciate the advice.

CRA in Chatham, New York

35 months ago

I would be very careful about taking a CRA training course and would very much encourage you to read the discussions regarding these courses (some within this message board) and the many reviews.

Most companies do not consider CRA training to be any help in obtaining a CRA position.

I wish you the best of luck in your search!

Lead_CRA in Ann Arbor, Michigan

35 months ago

Please checkout CRACONNECTION.COM for resources and unbiased opinions and training referrals. No disappointment

Taruna in Frisco, Texas

35 months ago

Thanks all, really helpful comments . another question- Is any one working as a CRA or CRC in Dallas, TX?

sally in Lebanon, New Jersey

34 months ago

Hey Taruna:
I took a course through Immaculata University and it really helped me prep for interviewing, and understanding the job and industry. I'm sure you could find it online. It was one course- not a huge committment, at a real university, and it was great!

Jim in La Habra, California

34 months ago

If your going through a CRA program to learn how to interview your wasting your money. You can learn to interview for free. As for training data management is not a CRA position. I landed an internship so that my experience is related to running a trial. Network talk to CRAs get out there. No school can put you on a real trial. That is all any CRA interviewer cares about.

CRACONNECTION.COM in Ypsilanti, Michigan

33 months ago

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have been trying to give people the opportunity to start a clinical research associate career by partering with key clinical research entities. We are close to securing a partnership with one, if not the best, clinical research training companies in existence! Please take a look around our site at CRACONNECTION.COM, where we offer FREE resources for aspiring clinical research personnel. Once we finalize this partnership, we will be posting the discount code for our members exclusively! Please visit us and take advantage or RSVP www.craconnection.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Chicago, Illinois

32 months ago

I hope everyone realizes that the New Jersey department of labor is NOT a national academic accrediting body for higher education. If you go to a school, don't just rely on them saying they are accredited- look up that accreditation and make sure it actually means something on holds value.

32 months ago

To emphasize what Paul just said, NJ dept of labor has no accrediting authority for education. Its not even involved in education. Check with your regional accreditation bodies for Sr colleges, WASC, Southern Assoc of Schools and Colleges, etc. Read about them here

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_accreditation#List_of_regional_accreditors

Otherwise look for trade school accreditation.

nishie in Valhalla, New York

26 months ago

Shah in Kearny, New Jersey said: Can anybody has idea about in Clinical Research Academy of America (CRAA) in NJ. I am thinking of joining their clinical research assistant program. if anyone has take their course before please guide me.

Hi, saw this forum. I am interested to join CRAA but heard from someone that it's scam. Do you have any comments on that? Please reply. Thanks

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

26 months ago

Hi Nishie,

I have doubts regarding the ability of CRAA to provide good career training. It seems like the only reviews of this place are given in broken English, full of grammatical errors and mistakes. Although it may seem harsh- it is the truth- flawless written and oral communication skills are required to be successful in this industry. The lack of grammar, spelling and attention to detail shown by students, instructors and advertisers on this forum cause great concern for me.

If this institute was really able to train their candidates and prepared them for work as a CRA, clearly they would be able to communicate clearly in writing. Perhaps they are a for-profit training program that will take anyone who is willing to pay instead of someone who has the skills to really succeed in this industry. Even the people who claim to be instructors have trouble putting together a sentence in English! That makes me seriously doubt the quality of the instruction they can provide.

I have never been to or worked with anyone in the industry that has ever been a graduate of this program. I can tell you that the 'certification' they provide is not recognized by the industry. The only people that can call themselves 'certified' CRAs are those who passed the ACRP certification exam. I'd do more research before you proceed.

Quin Yang in Newark, New Jersey

26 months ago

nishie in Valhalla, New York said: Hi, saw this forum. I am interested to join CRAA but heard from someone that it's scam. Do you have any comments on that? Please reply. Thanks

I am a former student of CRAA. After graduating I went through career services and they set me with a company where I got a paid internship. They are even approved by the department of labor and unemployment. Here is a link to the NJ TOPS website with their information: njtopps.com/Search/Results.aspx?SearchType=Occupation+or+Training&SearchSubmit=1&cboOccupation=&cboClusterID=&Button1=Search&ZipCode=&cboZipCode=15&Keyword=clinical+research+academy+of+america&cboKeywordSearchTypeID

26 months ago

I can't speak for my former classmates grammatical errors. I don’t want to stoop low and talk about people from different denominations. As for my professors they spoke perfect and had 10-20 years’ experience from Roch, Novartis and Merck. Just to let you know I just graduated from CRAA and had a really good experience I took my certification test about 3 weeks ago, and their career services set me up on 3 interviews. I wound up getting a full time position working for a reputable organization in southern New Jersey. If you want to ask me any more questions about my experience let me know.

26 months ago

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Hi Nishie,

I have doubts regarding the ability of CRAA to provide good career training. It seems like the only reviews of this place are given in broken English, full of grammatical errors and mistakes. Although it may seem harsh- it is the truth- flawless written and oral communication skills are required to be successful in this industry. The lack of grammar, spelling and attention to detail shown by students, instructors and advertisers on this forum cause great concern for me.

If this institute was really able to train their candidates and prepared them for work as a CRA, clearly they would be able to communicate clearly in writing. Perhaps they are a for-profit training program that will take anyone who is willing to pay instead of someone who has the skills to really succeed in this industry. Even the people who claim to be instructors have trouble putting together a sentence in English! That makes me seriously doubt the quality of the instruction they can provide.

I have never been to or worked with anyone in the industry that has ever been a graduate of this program. I can tell you that the 'certification' they provide is not recognized by the industry. The only people that can call themselves 'certified' CRAs are those who passed the ACRP certification exam. I'd do more research before you proceed.

In order to pass the ACRP exam is to get 2 years experience in the field. In order to get experience you have to get certified so you have knowledge for a company to employee you

26 months ago

Paul in Chicago, Illinois said: I hope everyone realizes that the New Jersey department of labor is NOT a national academic accrediting body for higher education . If you go to a school, don't just rely on them saying they are accredited- look up that accreditation and make sure it actually means something on holds value.

Paul
CRAA is approved by the deparment of education
njtopps.com/Search/Results.aspx?SearchType=Occupation+or+Training&SearchSubmit=1&cboOccupation=&cboClusterID=&Button1=Search&ZipCode=&cboZipCode=15&Keyword=clinical+research+academy+of+america&cboKeywordSearchTypeID=2&ddlTI=-999

26 months ago

Quin,

It is incorrect that employers expect any type of certification for CRA 1 or CRA 2 positions. A majority of CRAs are not certified.

26 months ago

yes but you need to know certain guidelines and rules and it helps you get a job.

just like if you go to school to be a cook, you need to know guidelines and department of health regulations

nishie in Valhalla, New York

26 months ago

Quin Yang in Newark, New Jersey said: yes but you need to know certain guidelines and rules and it helps you get a job.

just like if you go to school to be a cook, you need to know guidelines and department of health regulations

Quin,

I just graduated with MPH (Epidemiology) and when I contacted CRAA about the program, they send me the curriculum and to me it seems familiar coz I already knew about study designs and stuff, so I decided to get into Clinical data management course (CDM), but not sure if this certification and this online course will really help me!!! Please share your experience at CRAA. Did you do CRA or CDM? Where are you interning now?
Thanks in advance.

26 months ago

nishie in Valhalla, New York said: Quin,

I just graduated with MPH (Epidemiology) and when I contacted CRAA about the program, they send me the curriculum and to me it seems familiar coz I already knew about study designs and stuff, so I decided to get into Clinical data management course (CDM), but not sure if this certification and this online course will really help me!!! Please share your experience at CRAA. Did you do CRA or CDM? Where are you interning now?
Thanks in advance.

Nishie- I actually did both programs and work as a CDM for a Pharmaceutical company in the Cherry Hill area..It is actually a fully paid position I dont want to give out the name of the company because this is a public forum and i dont want people knowing where i am for my own safety. I found that some of the information I learned in the first chapters of CRA was some things i knew but the rest went into really good detail. MY overal experience was really good and they were always helpfull. Having both courses on my resume made me stand out too.I think the best thing is that after i graduated their career assistants lined me up with job internship interviews.

26 months ago

nishie in Valhalla, New York said: Hi, saw this forum. I am interested to join CRAA but heard from someone that it's scam. Do you have any comments on that? Please reply. Thanks

I am a former student of CRAA. After graduating I went through career services and they set me with a company where I got a paid internship. They are even approved by the department of labor and unemployment. Here is a link to the NJ TOPS website with their information: njtopps.com/Search/Results.aspx?SearchType=Occupation+or+Training&SearchSubmit=1&cboOccupation=&cboClusterID=&Button1=Search&ZipCode=&cboZipCode=15&Keyword=clinical+research+academy+of+america&cboKeywordSearchTypeID

Jai Thomas in Elmhurst, New York

26 months ago

AMERICAN SCITECH
CLINWELL &
QTECH

the training centers mentioned above complete frauds. I have never heard of anyone gets jobs after their program was complete. all programs lack important elements. furthermore, the teachers themselves have never worked as CRA's or in the clinical research field.

26 months ago

Quin Yang,

I have continue to caution people on paying for unnecessary training. Yes, you may have went through this highly untraditional route and it may have worked for you (or you may be an advertiser for the company- we do not know). The bottom line is that it is untraditional for a reason: Because many people have been taken advantage of by these predatory companies and other people who look at these companies simply smell that something is fishy and they run away.

Here's the bottom line:
-All the rules, regulations and best practices can be found for free online

-Training academies do NOT provide certifications for CRAs or data managers

-The links you provided were useless and misleading. The NJ department of labor or NJ TOPS are not accrediting bodies for higher education.

-When you find these type of errors on ANY website, the company instantly comes off as one that lacks professionalism, attention to detail and an ability to produce quality work. It makes everyone automatically doubt their authenticity and the quality of education they provide. Just looking at the website and you get a list of other tips that this company isn't legitimate (i.e., grammatical errors, bad clip art, no physical address or pictures of the facility, a link to pay by PayPal, the director's message is just signed 'director' without any name, their "students succed"--- seriously here they can't even spell SUCCEED correctly and I only spent 2 minutes on their website!) You cannot tell me that any reasonable person wouldn't take one look at the website and smell something fishy.

26 months ago

Quin Yang,

I have continue to caution people on paying for unnecessary training. Yes, you may have went through this highly untraditional route and it may have worked for you (or you may be an advertiser for the company- we do not know). The bottom line is that it is untraditional for a reason: Because many people have been taken advantage of by these predatory companies and other people who look at these companies simply smell that something is fishy and they run away.

Here's the bottom line:
-All the rules, regulations and best practices can be found for free online

-Training academies do NOT provide certifications for CRAs or data managers

-The links you provided were useless and misleading. The NJ department of labor or NJ TOPS are not accrediting bodies for higher education.

-When you find these type of errors on ANY website, the company instantly comes off as one that lacks professionalism, attention to detail and an ability to produce quality work. It makes everyone automatically doubt their authenticity and the quality of education they provide. Just looking at the website and you get a list of other tips that this company isn't legitimate (i.e., grammatical errors, bad clip art, no physical address or pictures of the facility, a link to pay by PayPal, the director's message is just signed 'director' without any name, their "students succed"--- seriously here they can't even spell SUCCEED correctly and I only spent 2 minutes on their website!) You cannot tell me that any reasonable person wouldn't take one look at the website and smell something fishy.

It's right to be skeptical and proceed with caution here.

CRAA in Edison, New Jersey

26 months ago

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Quin Yang,

Mather,
As a representative for CRAA I appreciate your critiques. Our curriculum is approved by the governing body of New Jersey and the same curriculum is in other accredited institutions in the state. If you are a student and would like more proof you can email us. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Yes, CRAA may have gotten approval from NJ, but whatever 'approval' CRAA has gotten from NJ is NOT equivalent to the standard for all higher ed institutes in the USA.

"There are six regional accreditors involved in higher education accreditation in the United States.
-Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
-New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC-CIHE) Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (NEASC-CTCI) Commission on Technical and Career Institutions
-Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
-Higher Learning Commission (North Central Association of Colleges and Schools) (NCA-HLC)
-Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) Commission on Colleges
-Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC-ACCJC) Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (WASC-ACSCU) Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities"

The NJ Dept of Education website is in agreement! ( www.state.nj.us/education/educators/license/usaccred.htm ) They don't list themselves as an accrediting body for higher education! Of course, no degree, training or technical program completion can guarantee a job, but in order to give yourself the best chance, I strongly feel that ensuring your choice for higher education is accredited from one of the six recognized accrediting bodies is essential. This 'approval' by NJ is great and all, but it's not the same and does not hold the same value as regional accreditation. There are many other options for fast programs such as the ones from George Washington University, Drexel, Rutgers, Walden and several others who have already achieved regional accreditation. If I had one applicant who went to an accredited school and one who went to some training program without regional accreditation, the choice regarding who's education I trust more would be clear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

CRAA in Edison, New Jersey

26 months ago

You have a valid point on accreditation, however our program has excellent placement rates in the industry and our graduates can attest to that.
Also we have academic partnerships with a few accredited schools, who use our curriculum to teach clinical research courses.
Basically, accreditation is not the same as government regulated Department of Education approval, but the results of our program are a testament that our training can get you started in a career in clinical research. We are helping people change career paths, and find successful employment. In tough economical times like these we should be helping each other out rather than bickering on a messaging board. If we are helping people find employment, the choice should not be based upon accreditation, but rather the fact that we can help those who are truly interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Clarifying misleading information is not bickering. Dismissing the importance of accurate information as bickering and preying on emotions about a 'tough economical time' is simply manipulative. Encouraging CRAs to do the research, telling them about what the industry expects of an entry-level applicants and providing real honest advice is real help.

CRAA may think a student's choice of education shouldn't be based on accreditation... but as someone who hires CRAs, my choice of who I hire IS.

My advice to everyone who considers getting into clinical research is to pursue traditional pathways first. CRA-education courses is not typical of entry-level CRA applicant. Taking a course will never been seen as a substitute or valued more than experience in the workplace. If traditional avenues aren't working, be honest with yourself and find the root cause. If the root cause is not a lack of education, then paying for classes won't help.

If your problem is a lack of education, then do your research. Ask your training company to name names- don't settle for 'we work with a few accredited schools' or stating that they've placed internships at a few major pharmas. Every alumni update in the country boasts where there students have obtained jobs- expect that and be skeptical if a company seems to hide it. Don't rely on the opinions of the students that the school provides to you- do your own research independently. Go on Linked In and see who graduated from the program and find out where are they now (>5 years after graduation). Reach out to them, go out to lunch, gain a mentor in the industry and find out if five years later they still think their training was valuable.

Being a CRA requires you to scrutinize information everyday. CRAs go into the details and do the leg work. Just like we don't trust every piece of data in the source documents, we can't trust every advert

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Enough! I will be direct. This is in direct response to CRAAs comment. 1st, the state of NJ is not a higher education accreditation body. It doesn't have the authority to grant accreditation to a higher education institute. Now, lets get specific CRAA, the accreditation body for the area of NJ would be the middle states Commission on higher Education. This is the agency that approves of programs that essentially provides for someone to transfer course work from a school to a traditional Bachelors program.

Since more CRA/CRC programs are done by people with at least a Bachelors degree it should the minimum standard to meet for some looking into a post bachelors program for a CRA. The competition is stiff! Why anyone would throw away money on a program not accredited by this body is just sheer desperation. NJ does not provide this accreditation, it is known as regional accreditation. So, CRRA will U tell us whether your program has this accreditation?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

I don't know Mathers. I feel sorry 4 anyone in Pittsburgh. But each and ever word this guy types is 100% truth! Its also good advice. Most ppl just want it to be easy with out really having to try and then think the school will do the grunt work 4 them. In clinical trials, even if U go to George Washington clinical trial program U can't expect that its going to get your foot in the door.

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.