CRA Training resources

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 285 of 285)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

craa in Edison, New Jersey

44 months ago

We are more than half way through the accreditation process. Becaue of our reputation we have provided a majority of students into well reputiable companies. Because of their privacy I can not disclose that information on a public forum but you can privately ask me if you are curious. The bigger Universites charge much more money and usally do not place their students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

44 months ago

Promed,
What's wrong with Pittsburgh? (lol) Actually, I don't live in Pittsburgh, but for some reason the VPN I work on always has that as my location. I have done contract work there and I enjoyed my visit.

CRAA,
With what accrediting body? As for placement information, you don't have to prove anything to me. But, if someone ever asks for this information, you know it can be disclosed- so EXPECT it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

We are not allowed to reveal our accdediting body. we are ready to expect whatever quesions you may have. not all companies require an certificate from an accrediting body. we have never had a problem with an organization accepting our studetns.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

I just want to be crystal clear here CRAA.... Are you saying that you are not permitted to disclose your accrediting body?

If you may have done a little bit of exaggeration about your application status, just come clean with it now. This is not a good corner to back yourself into.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

no we can not disclose private information on a public forum.

if you are that concerned then you can contact us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Bam. Somebody just got caught in a lie.

Try doing a google search to see if your lie can easily be disproven before you post it online. There are currently nine institutions seeking accreditation from Middle States Commission on Higher Education. None of those institutions are listed as CRAA.

Here's the link that proves it: www.msche.org/Institutions_Directory.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Proemed in La Habra, California

44 months ago

Ok, again its time 4 some truth. Regional accreditation process is NEVER done with out disclosure. It is required that anyone wishing to review a regional accrediting bodies report be allowed to do so. Next, you don't go from non accredited 1 day to accredited the next day. The 1st step is probationary accreditation. After grads have graduated and moved on then full accreditation can be granted to a program.

Why someone would say we are not allowed to reveal our accrediting, body is just absurd. If your school participates in student loans its actually a violation not to disclose that info upon request. I don't believe this school is in the process of regional accreditation. But there is no reason to ever hide that info. I see big red flags.

CRAA U R saying things that U intentionally do not want to have to back up. U would come off as much more legitimate if U just said this school is a trade school, or a job training program whatever. Dicing words and pretending things like public accreditation is a priv matter just sounds silly, I'm not saying U have to give out names of grads, but if your not going to be open about what companies your grads work with or how U plan to be accredited then why bring it up? Mathers has made excellent points.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

1. I never mentioned "regional" accreditation (2)i am not allowed to mention the accrediting body in conjuction with the school until you achieve it (3) i never said it was a 1 day process

There is no reason to continue to harp on the fact of accreditation. there are other accrediting bodies than which you listed. since we are in the process we are not going to be listed. we have an excellent placement rate which has nothing to do with accreditation.if you would like to come here or call we will be more than happy to give you the information that you want.
department of education approved accrediting agencies:
www2.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/accreditation_pg6.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Proemed,

You were so much more eloquent than I... but who can resist dropping the bomb on a liar?

Of course, I can expect that the representative from CRAA will say no, they are seeking some super-secret accreditation that operates behind closed doors.

The bottom line here is that some amateur with google search caught CRAA ( Clinical Research Academy of America ) lying about the legitimacy of the education they provide. Who knows what else they are lying about... I don't think it's worth paying their tuition to find out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

@CRAA U missed the pt. I said from the beginning, and Mathers seems to understand this, all college programs for higher Ed, be it Harvard or a community college, if they want to run a program that offers credit that at some point can be applied to a Bachelors, Masters or Phd program need regional accreditation. When ppl speak of a accredited college they R usually speaking about regional accreditation.

For instance, if U want to apply to a gov job and the job requires a Bachelors degree or higher, they will only accept regionally accredited schools! Your link is for Financial aid accreditation, that has nothing to do with scholastic qualifications. The Dept of Education does not accredit schools, it only approves of financial aid. It even says so in your own link. The state of NJ can not regionally accredit any school. NJ merely approves of schools qualifying for Fin Aid.

The point I made about overnight means that if your school isn't accredited now it wont be fully accredited for at least 3 yrs because a school must 1st be on probationary status. Mathers named all the regional accrediting bodies. So if your not accredited by them then your accreditation is thru vocational accrediting bodies. That would mean this isn't University level learning. Financial Aid approval is not the same. Even foreign schools get accredited for that. But, that doesn't mean their accredited schools.

JM

42 months ago

I was trained as a CRA 1 in a two week intensive program from a CRO. After the program, we had multiple on-site training visits with real protocols accompanied by experienced monitors. We could do as many trips as we needed to feel comfortable before we started monitoring on our own.

Of course, te training was done as a fully employed, PAID trainee with benefits!

Never pay for your own training- companies want you to learn 'their way' and will pay you to learn about it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

42 months ago

@JM Yea but here is the thing, everyone is wondering how U got into the CRO in the 1st place. Thats the hard part.

JM in Saint Charles, Missouri

42 months ago

I have my RN degree and I've been a study coordinator for 7 years. I did a lot of studies in general medicine like diabetes, high blood pressure, GERD, etc. and have 2 years of oncology studies.

I knew I wanted to make a change and started applying around. It took about a year until I found my current job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dan Criss in San Francisco, California

41 months ago

WARNING: Solutions Inc is a scam! They ask for money for their 'internships' such as Drug Safety Associate or CRA. How much for this internship? $800 to $1000 dollars to take their online 'internship'. Don't give these people your credit card info or other sensitive information.

Dan Criss in San Francisco, California

41 months ago

Qtech is a scam. Do not fall for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nam81 in White Plains, New York

39 months ago

hiral.palkhiwala@gmail.com in Kearny, New Jersey said: Dear All,

I am MS student for Drug regulatory Affairs which covers the aspect of clinical research. I am trying to find job in clinical research but as I do not have practical knwledge I am having hard time. Can any one suggest me should I take the courses, will it help?

Thanks

Hey Hiral,
It seems to be 2 years old forum discussion, but would like to ask you if you finally landed up with job is clinical resesarch? I am recent graduate and looking for the same without any luck. Please let me know if you landed with something and if you could be of any help with any of your suggestions.
Thanks

paramus nj in Lodi, New Jersey

39 months ago

Does anybody know accredited CRA training program.I dont have any knowledge of CRA but i am a REGISTERED NURSE with on resaearch experience.Any suggestion or advice.

Red in Towson, Maryland

39 months ago

If you are looking for a CRA job in the US, paying for a training program will be unnecessary. You need employment experience to be a CRA - not some training program. If you are an RN, you should work as a CRC for a few years before you even consider a position as a CRA.

Rnbek in San Diego, California

37 months ago

Dear experienced monitors -- how do you interprest the trip report requirement to ensure study equipment is "maintained and calibrated"? I think the reality is that the main equipment, such as a centrifuge, ECG, or ACLS stuff are checked -- and little things like a pulse ox or BP machine are ignored. But the trip report wording leaves it wide open for interpretation. Thoughts?

nikita in Lake Forest, California

36 months ago

Hey,

I am also looking for some training institutes, , since I am on H4 , I am eager to know about Qtech-solutions and Veritas (NJ) who promise they can sponsor my H1 work visa too.

Any info about these two companies. I am in CA and looking for entry into clinical research.

nikita in Lake Forest, California

36 months ago

[Hey Dan,

I am thinking of getting training from Q-tech, any info? I am in CA too.DId u find any good source for entry into this field?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey

35 months ago

nikita in Lake Forest, California said: Hey,

I am also looking for some training institutes, , since I am on H4 , I am eager to know about Qtech-solutions and Veritas (NJ) who promise they can sponsor my H1 work visa too.

Any info about these two companies. I am in CA and looking for entry into clinical research .

Hi Nikita,
I am also planning to join,did u get any info about them.Can we trust them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Prem,

You should NEVER, EVER, EVER pay a cent for any job opportunity in the USA. If they want you, they will hire you for $0 and will PAY YOU for relocating. In the USA, you get paid to move for a job, not the other way around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

prem. in Pune, India

35 months ago

ohh really thanks mather.
but they provided the candidates cell no. those fly recentlly.. and also provided 1, 2 candidates information those flying in upcoming days..
then tell me buddies what can i do.. is it perfect scam or real offer?

35 months ago

If they really wanted you, if they really needed you, you will be hired for your skills, not for providing them money.

Companies in the USA pay for visas, air tickets (for you and your immediate family), moving vans and will often give you a signing bonus. You should never be asked for a single cent.

If you have to get out your checkbook for an interview in the USA, you are dealing with a scam.

priyanka in Wesley Chapel, Florida

33 months ago

Priya ogirala in Jersey City, New Jersey said: Hi Nikita,
I am also planning to join,did u get any info about them.Can we trust them.

Hey Priya, Nikita
Iam also intereste din the Veritas and the tech

Jane Doe

29 months ago

Qtech is a full SCAM!!! pls do not use this company.

online course is full of copy paste from some DSA book
internship is nothing but going over same crap of theory they have it online
no placements or no nothing after they get your money.
STAY AWAY FROM QTECH

two cents from a victim of qtech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sara

29 months ago

Hi everyone I have a blog where I discuss the stuggles of being a CRA and starting out in the industry. check it out if you are interested its very educational and you will learn a lot of practical useful stuff not just conceptual facts. beginnercra.wordpress.com/

Josie T in Elizabeth, New Jersey

28 months ago

CRAA in Edison, New Jersey said: We are not allowed to reveal our accdediting body. we are ready to expect whatever quesions you may have. not all companies require an certificate from an accrediting body. we have never had a problem with an organization accepting our studetns.

To: CRAA. I am very sorry to say but I did my research and you are not accredited!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samy T. in Deer Park, Texas

28 months ago

I actually joined Qtech and am half way of this training www.qtech-solutions.com/Training/Clinical%20Science/CRAT.php
My classmate did it last year and he liked it, so I spoke with them couple of times and also went for it. I do not want to work for them as consultant later on but still I hope they will prepare for my own job search according with: www.qtech-solutions.com/Training/Additonal%20Student%20Services/Interview_Prepare.php
So far I like it, but I do not focus on the theory so much as on exercises part. I have exam in less that 2 weeks.

Samy T. in Deer Park, Texas

28 months ago

Jane Doe said: Qtech is a full SCAM!!! pls do not use this company.

online course is full of copy paste from some DSA book
internship is nothing but going over same crap of theory they have it online
no placements or no nothing after they get your money.
STAY AWAY FROM QTECH

two cents from a victim of qtech.

Wow... I hope my experience will be more positive. I never knew they have an internship program(???) Sorry Jane. I have my final exam with Qtech in 2 weeks. I will try to post my feedback once I am completely done with the program from Qtech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MJ in Sartell, Minnesota

17 months ago

Samy T. in Deer Park, Texas said: Wow... I hope my experience will be more positive. I never knew they have an internship program(???) Sorry Jane. I have my final exam with Qtech in 2 weeks. I will try to post my feedback once I am completely done with the program from Qtech.

Any updates? What kind of feed back can you give?

persis in Iselin, New Jersey

16 months ago

hi
i am good in teaching real time experiences IN CLINICAL TRIAL RESEARCH
as A clinical data managerial position I worked for 7-8 years as full time.
now i am seeking to work a pharma job.in training new clinical researchers . .
if you know any institute or academy looking for part time faculty i am available.
even work form home for clinical Data entry .
i am available.

hasi in Porter, Texas

12 months ago

Samy T. in Deer Park, Texas said: Wow... I hope my experience will be more positive. I never knew they have an internship program(???) Sorry Jane. I have my final exam with Qtech in 2 weeks. I will try to post my feedback once I am completely done with the program from Qtech.

Hi,
What do you think about Qtech? Any updates?

apuida in Land O Lakes, Florida

22 days ago

I am really interested in entering this field of Clinical research. I used to work at a hospital years ago in NY but being a military child we had to move to Fl.
Living in Fl; I was given the opportunity to work in the mortgage industry and now it feels impossible to get back into the healthcare field due to my many years in the mortgage industry.
All of my curriculum for my AA was all for the soon to be nursing clinicals.
What can anyone suggest on how to enter this field? If the one person mentioned above that there is hardly any opportunities the "trial assistant or internship positions available."
Where would one suggest that I look first to get my foot in the door to build up my hours of training which is necessary to sit for my licensing?

Any and all advise is very appreciated! Thank you advance and I look forward to all correspondence.

APuida

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.