Clinical research Careers in India -- Current Scenario

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 204)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

vishnu in Hyderabad, India

60 months ago

vandana in Malden, Massachusetts said: Hi all,
I have done BHMSand I have 5 yrs experience of woking in Hospital as a resident doctor. I want to step my foot in the field of clinical research .
After reading all the posts I am confused .Your suggestions advices and views will be appreciated and will be helpful to me to decide what to do?

should I change the career path or not?
should I do enroll for any CR course or not? If yes then online course will do?

Thanks

see u need not to join course. directly u have to joinn in clinical research coordinator as well as u have do some part time couses.Here u r gettong exp in crc and as well as in practical.further doubts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DR. DHANANJAY LAD KOLHAPUR in Bombay, India

60 months ago

AM GRADUATING IN BAMS.HAVING 10 YEARS EXPERIANCE AS MEDICAL PRACTITIONER
ALSO DIVISIONAL SECRETERY OF NATIONAL INTIGRATED MEDICAL ASSOCIATION ( NIMA ) FOR 3 YEARS. NOW JOIN TO CLINICAL RESEARCH COURSE FROM GOA UNIVERSITY.ITS VERY NICE UNIVERSITY AND CHARGES ALSO VERY LESS AS COMPARE TO PRIVATE INSTITUTION.
I READ ALL COMMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE WHICH R NOT JOIN THIS INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW WHO TIRED FOR GETTING JOBS IN THIS FIELD.
U MAY CHOOSE ANY FIELD.ITS NOT WRONGE. IF U R GAINING 100PERCENT KNOWLEGE U WILL SERVIVE IN ANY INDUSTRY. SO DONT BLAME TO THIS INDUSTRY.
I EARNED 30000 RUPEE PER MONTH FROM MY GP. THEN ALSO I JOIN TO THIS COURSE FOR INCRISING MY KNOWLEGE. CONFIDENTLY I TOLD U THAT BEFORE COMPLETING MY CR COURSE I WILL SURELY JOIN TO THIS INDUSTRY AS CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE OR COORDINATOR AFTER TAKING EXPERIANCE IN THIS FIELD I WILL START MY OWN SMO
ALWAYS SEE BIG DREAMS ITS LIKE PROJECT PLANNING. SO GUYS NEVER BE THINK NEGATIVE .U ALWAY MUST CONCENTRATE ON POSITIVE THINKING.
IF ANY BODY WANT TO JOIN THIS INDUSTRY BUT NOR WANT TO DO THIS COURSE I WILL GIVE U DETAIL SYLABUS.AND GUIDE U .LOT OF BAMS DOCTORS JOINED TO THIS INDUSTRY ITS MY SURVEY.
CONTACT ME AT LADDHL@REDIFFMAIL.COM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

vandana in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

vishnu in Hyderabad, India said: see u need not to join course. directly u have to joinn in clinical research coordinator as well as u have do some part time couses.Here u r gettong exp in crc and as well as in practical.further doubts

Hi ,
Thanks for the reply.
I would like to know how one can join the CR industry without doing any course?
Evev if I sudy GCP and ICH as many of us wrote in this forum ;but there should be some channel through which one can enter there, right?
so can you further elaborate this ?
Many of the courses are part time and they are offering placement assistance too.
can you pls tell me which are the good courses?

Thanks
Vandana

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Juliette

60 months ago

kamlesh verma in Bhopal, India said: Yes Sir,I agree with you ,But sir I am searching job in this field last one year.But no company offering job without experience.I am M.Sc. biotechnology.If any one offer me such type of job,I can work free of coast.
Thank you
good night

I woulkd like to travel and do work with you--Judith A. Bushnell

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Pooja in Ahmadabad, India

60 months ago

Hi guys,

I am working in a reputed CRO since 9 months as Trainee CRA.I would really appeciate if anybody can help me out to look for another job as CRA.I am willing to relocate.

Regards,
Pooja.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vishnuvardhanreddy in Hyderabad, India

60 months ago

hi pooja,
Where u r working.Regarding i will tell abut oppertunites.I am asking which place u r working in india.
Thankq.

Pooja in Ahmadabad, India

60 months ago

Hi,

I am putting up in ahmedabad.Im willing to relocate

Thanks,
Pooja

vishnuvardhanreddy in Hyderabad, India

60 months ago

k see in excel life sciences vacciences is there.
In hyderabad so many vacciences is there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cliniversity in Bombay, India

60 months ago

Hello all,

Its a long thread and I see all kinds of emotions, questions and answers here. I just want to add my two cents in here. There are institutes and courses in clinical research where the fee varies from 7000 to 5 lacs. Now, it is your choice which you have to choose. If you want a recommendation from industry whether you need a course or not, then it is a very straight "NO". Industry looks at 'Experience' rather than degrees in specific to clinical research. Most of the organizations may require graduation/post graduation in life sciences for clinical operations. The logic is very simple, ICH-GCP needs folks in clinical research with necessary qualification, training and experience. Adequate qualification is explained above, and training will be given during job and experience comes only when you work.

So,its a good decision if one can make to study as well as work as a CRC as volunteer which will enhance your scope of getting a job easily. Do your ground research well when you choose to take a course from any institute. SWOT analysis is what I mean. You can find some useful information at www.cliniversity.com

Thanks,
pnr @ cliniversity.com

richa in Delhi, India

59 months ago

hi all....... im a bds graduate and presently persuing a pg diploma in clinical research. im v upset bout the scopes of both....... wid a lot of difficulties i cud convience my parents for clinical research n now i feel everything is useless in life..... wht do i do??? im highly depressed because of all this, plz suggest sumthing..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lanfear in Clementon, New Jersey

59 months ago

Are you serious? You're depressed because you are having difficulty finding a position in the field? Am I correct? Explain exactly what is worth having that doesn't have difficulties associated with it. Yes, it is difficult to get into the industry, but where are you starting from? Also, this PG diploma. Did you even look into it before signing up to see if it was worth the cost? Did you try to speak with anyone in the industry to see if this was for you or what the outlook was? Finally, would you mind explaining why everything is useless in life? That is the MOST defeatist idea I've ever heard.

I know this isn't what you want to hear, but how old are you? I'm thinking you are fairly young so saying life is useless really annoys me. Get a grip, the economy will get better and jobs will come up again. It is the same all over the world.

cliniversity in Bombay, India

59 months ago

Hi Richa,

I dont see a point to get upset or to get depressed about. You need to identify the right approach to get a break. There are a lot of opportunities for bds graduates in cr field and also you may see a lot of recruitment happening in the first quarter, 2010. So please keep confidence in yourself and work on honing your skills.

regs,
pnr

jagat12 in Bangalore, India

59 months ago

is there any one knows abt Drug Desin course ..n carrer oppurtinities..in this field

arvind in Bombay, India

59 months ago

hi... every1... would any1 plz tell me the names of good CROs (or CROs) in delhi ???? thanx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DR. DHANANJAY LAD KOLHAPUR in Pune, India

59 months ago

arvind in Bombay, India said: hi... every1... would any1 plz tell me the names of good CROs (or CROs) in delhi ???? thanx.

www.gobalto.com where u can find all cro in india n abroad. good luck

Anand in Madras, India

59 months ago

Hi, Vasanthi,

My suggestion is u can join any of the lecturer job in pharmacy colleges. It will be suitable for u or u can try in clinical research organisations.

DR. DHANANJAY LAD KOLHAPUR in Bombay, India

59 months ago

DR. DHANANJAY LAD KOLHAPUR in Bombay, India said: AM GRADUATING IN BAMS.HAVING 10 YEARS EXPERIANCE AS MEDICAL PRACTITIONER
ALSO DIVISIONAL SECRETERY OF NATIONAL INTIGRATED MEDICAL ASSOCIATION ( NIMA ) FOR 3 YEARS. NOW JOIN TO CLINICAL RESEARCH COURSE FROM GOA UNIVERSITY.ITS VERY NICE UNIVERSITY AND CHARGES ALSO VERY LESS AS COMPARE TO PRIVATE INSTITUTION.
I READ ALL COMMENTS MENTIONED ABOVE WHICH R NOT JOIN THIS INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW WHO TIRED FOR GETTING JOBS IN THIS FIELD.
U MAY CHOOSE ANY FIELD.ITS NOT WRONGE. IF U R GAINING 100PERCENT KNOWLEGE U WILL SERVIVE IN ANY INDUSTRY. SO DONT BLAME TO THIS INDUSTRY.
I EARNED 30000 RUPEE PER MONTH FROM MY GP. THEN ALSO I JOIN TO THIS COURSE FOR INCRISING MY KNOWLEGE. CONFIDENTLY I TOLD U THAT BEFORE COMPLETING MY CR COURSE I WILL SURELY JOIN TO THIS INDUSTRY AS CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE OR COORDINATOR AFTER TAKING EXPERIANCE IN THIS FIELD I WILL START MY OWN SMO
ALWAYS SEE BIG DREAMS ITS LIKE PROJECT PLANNING. SO GUYS NEVER BE THINK NEGATIVE .U ALWAY MUST CONCENTRATE ON POSITIVE THINKING.
IF ANY BODY WANT TO JOIN THIS INDUSTRY BUT NOR WANT TO DO THIS COURSE I WILL GIVE U DETAIL SYLABUS.AND GUIDE U .LOT OF BAMS DOCTORS JOINED TO THIS INDUSTRY ITS MY SURVEY.
CONTACT ME AT LADDHL@REDIFFMAIL.COM

I joined as clinical research coordinator to manipal hospital goa for phase 3 onco study . i gave confidence to above comenters that before completing my cr course i will join this industry.i think it i act by it and i got it.
My advise for all new researchers is to believe yourself. I will come back soon with my new experiance .piz stay connected.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pratim nandan in Allahabad, India

59 months ago

hello all, i m pratim completed my b pharm 2009 and wanted to start my career with clinical trial can any guide me,is it right plz mail me at pratimnandan22@gmail.com

chaithu in Warangal, India

58 months ago

Hi everyone,
I had completed my M.Pharm and worked as a CRA in a CRO. But I as a girl cant find a way to get into clinical trails. I was a bit confused, whether to go in to clinical trails or pharmacovigilance. I want anybody to help me to how to enter in to clinical trails or pharmacovigilance. what are the guidelines to prepare in order to face the interview.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

Chaithu,

What do you mean 'as a girl' you cannot find your way to get into clinical trials? In the States, clinical research employs many females. I would say less than 15% of coordinators are male and most CRA's are female. Apply to world-wide sponsors- there is no reason your sex should hold you back from your dreams

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

vishnu in Hyderabad, India

58 months ago

hi chaitu,
First prepare sedule y and gcp guidilines.k

afroze in Hyderabad, India

58 months ago

im very much confused after these comments im a graduate frm biotechnology nd want to do cdm pls tell me is there any worth doin cdm pls help me guys will cdm de helpful for me is it so then provide me few tips for it

kushan in Bombay, India

57 months ago

Pooja in Ahmadabad, India said: Hi,

I am putting up in ahmedabad.Im willing to relocate

Thanks,
Pooja

hi pooja you can try for clingene noida there i heard of vaccancy is thr..

afroze in Hyderabad, India

57 months ago

I m BSc mlt graduate with a quite a good knowledge on clinical data management . can you provide me the placement details in hyderabad as a fresher

adigasubba in Chikmagalur, India

57 months ago

its real fact that BAMS doctors dosent get any jobs in clinical research indusri, even iam also fed off.
dr Subrahmanya adiga

vineeta kaul in Bombay, India

57 months ago

i agree with the fact that it is useless to do clinical research courses or any other related courses for bams doctors.employers think bams doctors are fools.I have done BAMS from pune university.PG DIPLOMA in hospital management from IIMM pune (2 years)PG DIPLOMA in clinical trials from ICRI DELHI.BUT If i would have been MBBS things would have been different

mahi shinde in pune, India

57 months ago

Hi, gyes,
I am bpharm with 6yrs exp. in pharma production. Now i jobless & think of doing Advance diploma in clinical research.Plz., suggest me whether i do it /not.in pune i heard about orange life science institute in pune if anybody pass out from it plz., do help of me.

57 months ago

Hi Friends,
I am seriously hunting for a job in Pharmacovigilance in hyd. Can anyone please help me in finding the current vacancies. I have completed MPharm (Pharmacology from KU, Warangal)and worked as a CRA in BA/BE studies in a CRO company in hyd.I was forwarding my resume' to all the vacancies, but the result is nothing............
Plz help me if possible.
Thanks in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

Hello Sir,Thank u very much for ur kind reply and help. I am attaching u my CV here for ur reference. Kindly do the needful. I am presently working as an Asst. Professor in a college in hyd. Do u have any idea of the pharmacovigilance vacancies in hyd so that I may not face any problem.give me ur mail. i.d so that i can send my resume'

Thank u very much

pradeep in Surat, India

57 months ago

vandana in Houston, Texas said: Hi ,
Thanks for the reply.
I would like to know how one can join the CR industry without doing any course?
Evev if I sudy GCP and ICH as many of us wrote in this forum ;but there should be some channel through which one can enter there, right?
so can you further elaborate this ?
Many of the courses are part time and they are offering placement assistance too.
can you pls tell me which are the good courses?

Thanks
Vandana

hi
Actually course is not required for CR jobs. qualifications for CR jobs are lifescience or health science post graduates , good managent skills, analysis skils.

pradeep warangal in Surat, India

57 months ago

chaithu in Warangal, India said: Hi everyone,
I had completed my M.Pharm and worked as a CRA in a CRO. But I as a girl cant find a way to get into clinical trails. I was a bit confused, whether to go in to clinical trails or pharmacovigilance. I want anybody to help me to how to enter in to clinical trails or pharmacovigilance. what are the guidelines to prepare in order to face the interview.

Thanks

hai chaithu
you know most of the CRA ARE GIRLS . dont confuse , you can try for pharmacovigilance . it is better for you. feel free to contact me at pradeepchiri@gmail.com

Dr.praveen in Jaipur, India

57 months ago

Pooja in Pune, India said: Hey guys,
I have done B.PHARM,MPHARM and MSc in clinical pharmacology from UK and now came back to india.I want to work as CRA in clinical research field but struggling hard to get into this field without any experience.Could you please guide me or give some names of the recruiters or some contacts.I thought it would be easier in india as compared to UK for freshers.Please help me out,I am really frustated.
Pooja.

hey pooja, Could u just help me. I am keen to pursue Msc. pharmacology from U.K. I need to know you about that. Please Mail me on Dr.yadav14@gmail.com. Please reply me. I shall be grateful to you

Dr.Raghunath in Mangaluru, India

57 months ago

Find the cause why comapny not recruiting For B.A.M.S , rather than blaming company, u have to show your effecasy, and all require thing, yes i appolise that background carry some weightage, if you come with your knoweldge which require for clinical research, no body will reject you
i must say find out reasion why they are not recruiting,

After all company spending the lots of money they need well trained and knowedge person, if u have those quility definataly you people also get select,

Iam also a B.A.M.S I got job.

BE POSITIVE RATHER THAN BLEAMING TO OTHERS

If you any question get back to me on

raghunathdh@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

ani_kumar2009 in Jaipur, India

56 months ago

Hi friends i am working as cr coordinator i have done m.sc in microbiology and pgdcr. before entering in cr field i was as a microbiologist in a food processing company then resigned my job
and entered into cr field now i am confused after one year. i dont find any growth in this field still iam working for eight thousand
please guide me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

pradeep in Hyderabad, India

56 months ago

Dear ani kumar
Dont confused , clinical research is better than microbiology job, you can try for CRA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mathew in Kochi, India

56 months ago

Anybody knows about pepo technologies in Chennai.They have advertised for a post of clinical analyst.Plsss help me out...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Saranya Krishnakumar in Madras, India

56 months ago

hi..i hv done my msc in biotechnology and i hv applied for cdm course conducted by anna university and apollo hosptls..its a 1 yr certificate program where there will be 4 months theory classes at anna univ and 2 months training in apollo hosptl and 6 months of work exp as CRC in any of the apollo hosptl....they have said placement support wud be given...but i am really confused by seeing the above comments....plz help me whether to join this course or to try for jobs directly in CR...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rkr in Bangalore, India

55 months ago

hii i m a ayurvedic graduate (BAMS , DAVV INDORE)and just after completion of internship i joined MBA (hospiatl administartion, DAVV indore) i got placed and hav work exp of few months but after marriage hav to shift bangalore and nw m facin difficulty in searchin a suiatable job????sombody suggested me to do some course in clinical research ????? cold u sugget me about this course n its scope ???

drthirurl in Bangalore, India

55 months ago

hi its really u did a good job by doing MBA after BAMS. Defenitely u will get a job wait for some time.

kalpana in Madras, India

55 months ago

Pooja in Pune, India said: Hey guys,
I have done B.PHARM,MPHARM and MSc in clinical pharmacology from UK and now came back to india.I want to work as CRA in clinical research field but struggling hard to get into this field without any experience.Could you please guide me or give some names of the recruiters or some contacts.I thought it would be easier in india as compared to UK for freshers.Please help me out,I am really frustated.
Pooja.

Try contacting Microtherapeuteics in Selaiyur chennai for openings

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

kalpana in Madras, India

55 months ago

Try getting in touch with Microtherapeutics in Chennai, Selaiyur. All the best and hope you succeed

rkr in Bangalore, India

55 months ago

drthirurl in Bangalore, India said: hi its really u did a good job by doing MBA after BAMS. Defenitely u will get a job wait for some time.

hii der
even i believed tht i did gud job tht i opted fr MBA ... but in bangalore m nt gettin any response and i dont knw any one here so now m confused ... could u sugget me regarding clinical research courses , scope etc ???what should i do now???
my mail id is ruchi.kanhere@gmail.com
plz reply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ankur in Houston, Texas

55 months ago

Do anyone have idea of Clinical SAS programmer and/or statistical analyst job situation in indian CRO?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Manisha in Mohali, India

54 months ago

I have done my m.pharm in pharmacy practice from National institute of pharmaceutical edu and research, Punjab. I have done 1 yr pharmacoeconomics project. I want to go in clinical research field. Are there any chances?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jagat prakash mishra in Hyderabad, India

54 months ago

ur from NIPER na....u must have strong research group there ...better u ask ur faculty n seniors.....NIPER name is enough......but do remeber dnt join nay C.R course ..from ICRI or CREMA...they r money making business only.......ALL THE VERY BEST..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

girigirl in Tiruppur, India

54 months ago

Yes, All clinical research institutes are planing to swallow money from students in name of clinical research courses. be care .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sujana in Madras, India

54 months ago

hi i am a dentist you say joining the course is not required for clinical research then how do i apply for the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Hiral in Ahmadabad, India

54 months ago

Robert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Chaithu,

What do you mean 'as a girl' you cannot find your way to get into clinical trials? In the States, clinical research employs many females. I would say less than 15% of coordinators are male and most CRA's are female. Apply to world-wide sponsors- there is no reason your sex should hold you back from your dreams

Hi Robert,

That is right. In usa your sex does not held you back in any field. But unfortunately in india the CROs hire males only for CRA position most of the time. I have worked in a lab in usa and now i am in india, looking for CRA position with double masters degree in life science, but nobody wants to hire me on entry level because i am a woman. Companies dont trust women as there is lot of travelling involved in this job and they believe women can't travell due to home responsibilites.
What i can say is both the cultures are different.

Thanks,
Hiral

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jagat prakash mishra in Hyderabad, India

54 months ago

you must go for Ph.D in MB n should not watse money in expensive C.R courses,,,,,if u wish to do then go for distance course that is enough...but it is always better to be in ur domain only...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

adigasubba in Bangalore, India

53 months ago

Hi friend dont worry there is alot of opportunities in CR for biotechnology graduates

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.