Clinical research postions in Canada

Comments (3)

nemesis in Toronto, Ontario

62 months ago

Hi. I am a CRA with nearly 2.5 years of monitoring experience in India with a leading CRO. I moved to Ottawa, Canada in November 2009 and I have applied for numerous positions in clinical research since then only to be met with no response or interview calls. I have a degree in Dentistry but I chose to pursue an alternate career path and began my career as a CRA in 2007. I noticed that some employers seek candidates with CRA certification or formal CRA training. Although I have neither I would imagine that experience in the industry prevails.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? What might be the reasons? Is CRA certification more important than experience? Are online job applications really looked at? Is it just the bad job market?

rajkumar luke in Scarborough, Ontario

62 months ago

hi im in toronto and looking to get in to the clinical researc field as well. i have heard of community colleges and career colleges that offer clinical research associate courses also with 3 months internship at hte end you could try doing one of them . financial assistance is also availanble.how ever to my understanding there is no guanrantee of job assuarance. how ever i feel that given that u have experience in the same field if you get the local degree and canadian work experience then you might get a jobmore easily any way life is very tough for professionals trained internationally like us. all the best to u hope that it helps to u

Jessie in Toronto, Ontario

62 months ago

nemesis in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi. I am a CRA with nearly 2.5 years of monitoring experience in India with a leading CRO. I moved to Ottawa, Canada in November 2009 and I have applied for numerous positions in clinical research since then only to be met with no response or interview calls. I have a degree in Dentistry but I chose to pursue an alternate career path and began my career as a CRA in 2007. I noticed that some employers seek candidates with CRA certification or formal CRA training. Although I have neither I would imagine that experience in the industry prevails.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this? What might be the reasons? Is CRA certification more important than experience? Are online job applications really looked at? Is it just the bad job market?

Hi nemesis, I am also in ottawa, and finding job in CRA. Maybe we can contact with eachother. my email is jsun1492@gmail.com. good luck!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.