Considering a career in clinical research - with a long term goal of becoming a clinical trials manager

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

K in London, Ontario

38 months ago

I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am trying to decide whether to move into clinical research. I have a PhD in kinesiology and am currently doing postdoctoral work in cellular/molecular biology. During my PhD, I ran several trials on people (using mostly exercise and/or medication). I have experience drafting ethics documents, recruiting subjects, running trials and delegating responsibilities during trials. I have also collected, analyzed and presented data. Between my MSc and PhD, I probably have roughly 3-4 years of experience with this kind of work. My problem is that all these trials were in a university lab, and I'm wondering if this kind of experience might transfer into a purely clinical setting at a hospital or company. I am fine with obtaining certification and accepting entry-level positions if need be, and my family is also willing to move. I'd just like to know what my chances are of even getting that entry-level job! BTW, I am currently trying to source out clinical research associates and managers (my long-term goal) in my area to try and network and speak directly with the right people.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.