Course notes of SoCRA one day training for CCRP exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 179)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Will in Richmond, British Columbia

77 months ago

If anyone can kindly share their preparation notes for the CCRP exam, please email me at jeric0h1@hotmail.com

Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

RG in Cleveland, Ohio

77 months ago

I am taking the SOCRA exam on Mar 31st. If anyone has any preparation material or sample questions, please share it. Any help is greatly appreciated. raghav0706@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rukku G in Scarborough, Ontario

77 months ago

I am going to write the exam in July....not sure what kind of calculation questions are going to come.Also when abstracting info from medical charts ,can someone give examples...Any help would be appreciated Thanks and if people have notes that would be great

77 months ago

Patrick in Etobicoke, Ontario said: Hi Daniel, if you still looking for notes for the CCRP exam, yes I can help you with.
Bye

Patrick if u still have the notes would be great help ...if you could email me at ruks_84@hotmail.com .thanks

77 months ago

research MD in Leonia, New Jersey said: thank you Janika

Hey ...can u let us know more about the exam,like what was the calculation based on and abstracting the info from medical charts what kind of questions does it entail etc thanks a million

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jordan1 in Montreal, Quebec

77 months ago

Hi everyone

I am new to the forum and to the SoCRA certification process. Can you please advise me where to start and what to read in preparation for the CCRP exam (is it ICH, etc ... ?)

Thank you so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

kelly in Scarborough, Ontario said: Just review the ICH guidelines, GCP, some CFR's (Informed Consent Form, IRB etc) and have an understanding of the monitoring responsibilities. It's really not that difficult of an exam.

Hi kelly,

can you help me identify what reading material can be very useful for the CCRP exam. you mentioned ICH, GCP and CFR ... are there others ? Where can I acquire all of this material . I know my questions must seem primitive but honestly I am new to all of this !

Thanks

Jordan

you_can_do_it in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

Could you please share notes with me, too, in preparation for taking the test in May? My e-mail is ckrier@iupui.edu. Thx!

77 months ago

No problem ... as soon as I get all the info, I'll forward it to you

77 months ago

That will really be helpful. Thank you so much for sharing!

Darlene K in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

you_can_do_it in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Did you pass??? Did you receive the practice FDA CRC exam that was mentioned earlier? If so, would you share? I am taking the exam in May and starting to plan how to study for this. How do you suggest studying? Are there any on-line review sites? Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi, it's me Darlene. I studied a lot prior to the exam and did pass the exam on my first try (whew!!). My suggestions for study are:

The day before the exam, I took a vacation day solely to study. I took the study exam guide and went through it page by page. I highlighted what I thought to be pertinent information and simultaneously wrote notes (17 pages of notes). It took me an entire day to do this. Then the morning of the exam, I took my notes with me in the car and studied them while my husband drove me to the exam. That way, I was able to go over what I thought to be very important items that I thought had a good likelihood of being on the exam. Our research nurses and PAs gave me good advice on what to study: Helsinki, Belmont, Nuremberg, GCPs, CFRs, protocols and their informed consents. You need to know the structure of the consent forms. Also, memorize the dates of Nuremberg/Helsinki/Belmont. Basically, if it is in the study guide, you should have a working knowledge of the topic. If you prepare protocols and informed consents, you will already have a good knowledge of these topics. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

rukku G in Scarborough, Ontario said: I am going to write the exam in July....not sure what kind of calculation questions are going to come.Also when abstracting info from medical charts ,can someone give examples...Any help would be appreciated Thanks and if people have notes that would be great

I had the most pre-exam stress relating to the culling of information from the medical records and the math. There is really no way to study for these items. They were the easiest portions of the exam (for me). You'll get a booklet and all you have to do is stay calm, read and pay attention to detail. As long as you can do percentages, you'll do great on the math portion. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Congratulations on passing the test, Darlene!!!! I sure appreciate your guidance on what to study as there is a lot of material to cover. I haven't received the SoCRA study guide yet so I'm just starting with the historical stuff... Nuremburg code, Helsinki, etc. My experience is with behavioral research so I will need to devote considerable time to learning the GCPs & CFRs once my guide arrives. If you think of any study tips, please send me a quick note. Thx again for being so helpful!

RG in Cleveland, Ohio

75 months ago

i took the exam in Apr and i passed it without much stress. Most of the questions were straight-forward. Careful study of the guide and sensible answering is just enough to pass the exam.

Research Director in Boynton Beach, Florida

75 months ago

As a Research Director in south Florida (East Coast); I have noticed a lack of interest in forming local chapters for SoCRA or ACRP; I would welcome the opinions of others, especially those who are seeking certification. Has anyone else noted this lack of interest?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Denver, Colorado

75 months ago

Can anyone tell me what the advantages of sitting for the exam are? I am nearing two years experience and wondering if I should take the exam.

Research Director in Lake Worth, Florida

75 months ago

Rachel in Denver, Colorado said: Can anyone tell me what the advantages of sitting for the exam are? I am nearing two years experience and wondering if I should take the exam.

I can't speak for all sites, but we have a new policy and will only consider those who are certified when seeking to add staff in the future. The certification demonstrates competency that has definitely been lacking in many of the persons hired at the site over the past couple of years. Having an experienced, certified staff acknowledges our commitment to ICH/GCP compliance when potential sponsors are identifying sites for a new study and will also minimize the time and energy wasted in correcting mistakes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

drhashmi in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

iam taking my Socra certification exams in 15 days, anyone have simulated questions answer or guidance or any other stuff that help pass this exam, please send it to me at email: drhashmi@yahoo.com

Rolando in Coppell, Texas

73 months ago

drhashmi in Baltimore, Maryland said: iam taking my Socra certification exams in 15 days, anyone have simulated questions answer or guidance or any other stuff that help pass this exam, please send it to me at email: drhashmi@yahoo.com

I just passed the exam with a grade of 90%.
My advise: if you got the study guide from Socra and read it well, you will pass.
Good luck. I also read Foundations of Clinical Research.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terrie in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

tati in Hallandale, Fl said: Hi juana I am taking the test in March. I have a practice fda crc Exam questions.

Hi - do you still have the practice fda crc exam questions. I'm studying for the test in September.

thanks

JIJO PAUL in Billerica, Massachusetts

73 months ago

Am writing SoCRA on July 29 at boston.I have not yet started to prepare.Please help me some body who have written this exam before.

send me any notes, if you have used to prepare for this exam.

contact at E mail: jijopaul2005@rediffmail.com
Paul

73 months ago

In preparing for the exam (I took it Jan 31), I took the SoCRA-provided study guide and read it first. Then I went through each page, highlighted important items, then I made notes. This is my best study method. I believe that if you read someone else's notes, they may not stick because they are the same as reading the study guide. Plus, what one person considers important may not, in actuality, be important. Also, with regard to the math, you just need basic math skills (no algebra). Good luck!

73 months ago

Thanks Darlen,

so you mean to tell that,the study guide alone could suffice the need ::that is good..

Thanks

73 months ago

Seriously, yes, the study guide should get it and the reason I say this is because everybody has different study habits and knows what works for them. The study guide lists other sites to check out too so they tried to be inclusive. SoCRA wants you to pass--because apparently a lot of people do not pass on their first try. You have time to study too. Do not have stress about that. Just set aside some days. I took a vacation/study day the day before the exam and reread the guide and made notes. On the way to the test (my husband drove), I studied my notes. Also, ask around the office and people will help you. I reviewed some patient files here but I did not even need to do that. Just stay calm and take your time during the test. You will do great. I just know it.

73 months ago

THANKS DARLENE THANKS A LOT
GOD BLESS U

73 months ago

I am writing the exam tomm,there were few links regarding new drug application etc do they ask questions pertaining from the website..also were there questions regasrding the vulnerable population etc .

73 months ago

Good luck on the test. The tests are rotated from location to location so it is not possible to tell you what is on the exam. Also, exam participants must sign a nondisclosure agreement so even if we did remember and the tests were all the same, no one would be able to tell you specifics. If you work in this field, you are already going to know a lot of the test material because it is part of your job. I think the people who have the most trouble do not have to deal with protocols, GCPs, CFRs, etc. You will do fine.

julie in Ann Arbor, Michigan

73 months ago

I just finished the exam this morning. I was done in 2.5 hours, and felt that I had plenty of time to read things carefully and throughly. It's true what everybody is saying that if already work in this field then you'll do fine. Just study the parts that are not part of your normal work day - if your a coordinator, focus on monitor responsibilities, etc. Relax, read each question carefully, take your time on each question and it will be ok. I was totally freaked up to the point of opening the booklet, then as I went along I realized actually DID know this stuff. You all will too.

julie in Ann Arbor, Michigan

73 months ago

I found the Self-Study Exams really helpful. Example here: www.socra.org/pdf/SelfStudy2004Feb.pdf

Also CITI (www.citiprogram.org/default.asp?language=english) has some great refresher modules you can take to help you cover the basics of a lot of regulations. Registration is free and quick if your institution is already a member (I did not have to confirm with my employer first, just found them on the drop-down menu). I thought that was more helpful than reading the Study Guide page by page.

Heather in Duncan, Oklahoma

73 months ago

tati in Hallandale, Fl said: Hi juana I am taking the test in March. I have a practice fda crc Exam questions.

Tati

Do you still have the FDA CRC practice exam? I am taking the exam Thursday and would like to assess what I need to concentrate more on.

balvinder in Plainfield, New Jersey

73 months ago

HI

Im new to CRA training and I want the notes to start with.

Can anyone of you email me the link or send me a soft copy to my email at balvinderbio@gmail.com?

I appreciate the response.

Heather in Duncan, Oklahoma

73 months ago

Patrick in Etobicoke, Ontario said: Hi Daniel, if you still looking for notes for the CCRP exam, yes I can help you with.
Bye

Do you still have notes for the CCRP exam? If so could you forward them to me at hdellerman@yahoo.com

Nettie in Omaha, Nebraska

73 months ago

you_can_do_it in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Could you please share notes with me, too, in preparation for taking the test in May? My e-mail is ckrier@iupui.edu. Thx!

Did you receive notes? Would you be willing to share with me? email is netwelsh@cox.net

Appreciate it!

Michelle Komjathy in Burlington, Kentucky

73 months ago

Hi fellow Research/CRA, 29July09

I have been working as a CRA for just a little under two years and planning to take the SOCRA test in September. I have not yet received the SOCRA Guidelines and I am trying to find other tools/ web sources to get a leg up on the pertinent SOCRA material. Would you be so kind and share any study notes are other materials? I simply do not think that my experiene alone is enough to prepare me for the test. I have heard so many different perspectives, some did pass on the first try and others have been in the research business a while and did not pass. I would also be willing to pay for the SOCRA Guideline material. I have just completed the SOCRA app, I fall under SOCRA criteria 1 (24 months clinical experiece). I am hoping they accept my application.

Thank you in advance.

Michelle Komjathy
Email: michelle.komajthy@insightbb.com

73 months ago

Contact me for SoCRA provided study guidline/i have completed the exam

jijopaul2005@rediffmail.com

Maria in Central District, Hong Kong

73 months ago

I am also planning for the SoCRA exam. I am not a RN so I am a bit worried about the medical record part without the help of MIMS and Med Dic, even though I have nearly 2 years monitoring experience.

73 months ago

I too was concerned about the medical records part. Don't be. If you can read and reason, that's all it takes. Do pay attention to details (like years, etc.) and you will do find.

bamanurse in Memphis, Tennessee

73 months ago

Is the workbook that they send you sufficient to study for the exam? I have been a crc for 7 yrs and I am taking the test in Oct. thanks so much!!

73 months ago

Hi Memphis,

That would be lovely if you would be willing to offer it. If you would like to contact me at my email address (michelle.komjathy@insightbb.com) and we can go over the particulars.....this would be a big help.

73 months ago

JIJO PAUL in Billerica, Massachusetts said: Contact me for SoCRA provided study guidline/i have completed the exam

jijopaul2005@rediffmail.com

Hi Jijopaul,

It would be very helpful if you could contact me. My personal email address is michelle.komjathy@insightbb.com. Thank you for your time, proptness and kindness.

73 months ago

Darlene, thank you for your comments and prompt response.....Michelle Komjathy

Sheetal Aggarwal in Quincy, Massachusetts

71 months ago

Hi

i am planning to take the SOCRA test in november. I have not yet received the SOCRA Guidelines and I am trying to find other tools/ web sources to get a leg up on the pertinent SOCRA material. Would you be so kind and share any study notes are other materials? I simply do not think that my experiene alone is enough to prepare me for the test. Could anybody provide me guidence for preparing exam.

Thank you in advance.

Sheetal

Ashirvadam in Rockville, Maryland

71 months ago

Sheetal Aggarwal in Quincy, Massachusetts said: Hi

i am planning to take the SOCRA test in november. I have not yet received the SOCRA Guidelines and I am trying to find other tools/ web sources to get a leg up on the pertinent SOCRA material. Would you be so kind and share any study notes are other materials? I simply do not think that my experiene alone is enough to prepare me for the test. Could anybody provide me guidence for preparing exam.

Thank you in advance.

Sheetal

Hi Sheetal, I am located in MD. I will be giving SoCRA exam on Oct 23, 2009. If you feel free we can study together and discuss the SoCRA study guide. Please let me know if you are interested. My email id is ashirvadam@gmail.com Thanks, Ashirvadam

Debbie in Buffalo, New York

70 months ago

Does anyone have prep course notes they would be willing to share. I am unable to attend a review course prior to my exam.
Thank you! dmmanfredi@hotmail.com

Mark in Yakima, Washington

70 months ago

If anyone has any notes or tips and would be willing to share I would be greatfull. Im unable to attend a review course like others but have time to review and study.

Thanks.
marklapsleys@msn.com

70 months ago

Michelle Komjathy in Burlington, Kentucky said: Hi Jijopaul,

It would be very helpful if you could contact me. My personal email address is michelle.komjathy@insightbb.com. Thank you for your time, proptness and kindness.

Hi

Are you cleared your SoCRA exam.Could you provide ypur guidence to me. i am going for SoCra exam in Nov 09.If you have notes that will grateful to me.

Thnaks
Sheetal

70 months ago

Mark in Yakima, Washington said: If anyone has any notes or tips and would be willing to share I would be greatfull. Im unable to attend a review course like others but have time to review and study.

Thanks.
marklapsleys@msn.com

Hi

Even i am going for SoCra exam in Nov 09.If you recieve any notes please provide me also.that will grateful to me.

Thanks in adavnce.

Sheetal

Thnaks
Sheetal

70 months ago

Darlene K in Houston, Texas said: In preparing for the exam (I took it Jan 31), I took the SoCRA-provided study guide and read it first. Then I went through each page, highlighted important items, then I made notes. This is my best study method. I believe that if you read someone else's notes, they may not stick because they are the same as reading the study guide. Plus, what one person considers important may not, in actuality, be important. Also, with regard to the math, you just need basic math skills (no algebra). Good luck!

Dear Darlene

Is study guide is enough to study?

Please reply

thanks

Sheetal

Rolando in Coppell, Texas

70 months ago

Just study and understand the study guie and you will pass ( and remember your expreiences too relative to what you read.

70 months ago

Hi
Juana

My exam is on Nov 09.Could you provide the practice fda cra eaxm question.that will be great.

Thanks

Sheetal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.