EL CRA Training CRO Programs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

TJ123 in NorCal, California

15 months ago

I would definitely appreciate any insight to the CROs and 1) how often they conduct their hiring for Entry Level CRAs and 2)if they are conducted in hiring groups?

I write because I recently did not get accepted into one of the big CROs EL CRA training group, and was told to try again at the end of the year. Another CRO had mentioned that the open job posting I saw online was older (back in April) but there might be another hiring of new CRAs in a few months...which I thought was rather quick if they were hiring to train new CRAs.

Any insight would be helpful into my questions above, as I seem to be missing the cut each time. I guess I could always check online everyday, just in case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

15 months ago

My company makes everyone go through a "start up training" when they are first hired. Typically a class starts every month. Typically you don't want huge bursts because it's really hard to place EL CRAs on a study and you don't want people sitting around and waiting for months to get a study.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

readytostart in Alexandria, Virginia

14 months ago

I recently had offers from a couple of the bigger CROs for entry level positions. My advice is to get a couple of years of experience as a CRC or DM and then go to one of the annual conferences (ACRP, SOCRA, DIA). There are always tons of recruitment reps for most of the large CROs, and you can set up mini interviews and get them your CV that way. The automated resume systems are a nightmare, plus the in person meet and greet is a great way to get yourself to the top of a recruiter's mind when it comes to setting up interviews with the clinical team.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

nali in Ottawa, Ontario

14 months ago

would you like to give more information about the EL CRAs training group. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mather

14 months ago

Hi Nali,

What exactly do you want to know?

You get hired as a CRA and they train you. Usually you will get to go out with an experienced CRA for one visit to watch a visit and then you'll be on your own from there.

sleeplessinseattle in Seattle, Washington

12 months ago

Hi,
Does anyone know if Premier Research has a good onboarding program? Is there training for all new hires?

THX!

LA in Los Angeles, California

12 months ago

Hi Sleepless,

I had a friend try refer me through Premier but they still required 2+ years of training. I don't think they have an entry level program. Wish I was wrong!

sleeplessinseattle in Seattle, Washington

12 months ago

LA in Los Angeles, California said: Hi Sleepless,

I had a friend try refer me through Premier but they still required 2+ years of training. I don't think they have an entry level program. Wish I was wrong!

Hey LA,

I just realized the original post was "EL" CRA training. I actually have experience, but wanted to know if there is a training like what they do at PPD/ICON/Quintiles...or do they just focus on training you on their system and send you on your way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.