ENTRY LEVEL CRA JOBS.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 236)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Anca in Saint-lazare, Quebec

50 months ago

Who knows...I don't think someone would be able to answer this question...

The key here is your contacts...If you get to know people in this field (clinical research), then the chance might me yours to be accepted fast enough...
No matter what your expertise might be, the key is "who you know" !

Sorry, but I express this theory after a very rich experience (and interviews)...

Good luck !
Anca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Poonam Gupta in Saint Louis, Missouri

50 months ago

Ayaan B in Dublin, California said: I am a MD from India and have taken CRA certification course from KRC and am currently looking for an entry level position so as to get my foot in the door. I am also taking some courses in the clinical rials and management like EDC.Can anyone suggest how to get a job in this industry or to get my foot in the door.

Hi
Hope you are doing fine. I am a post graduate with MS Biotechnology from Georgetown University, Washington DC. I did my Internship in clinical trials at Georgetown University Medical Center. I am looking for jobs in the same industry. I am willing to learn SAS and EDC related course. Can you suggest me anything?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

preethareddy in Hyderabad, India

50 months ago

first u gain experience as CRC then go for CRC or CRA job.
As crc is the job where u can learn all basica of clinical research which is importnat for any job in clinical research

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Molly in Davis, California

49 months ago

Ron in Davis, California said: Do you know of any assistant/trainee opportunities in sacramento, I have 10+ years of study coordinator experience.

I, too, am interested in Clinical research opportunities in Sacramento. Any luck finding any?

Shgu in Boston, Massachusetts

49 months ago

Hi, i am looking for a job in clinical resaerch industry. As I have 4 years experience as CRA in India & presently I am working as a CRC
(volunteer). Please let me know if anyone have any job opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dipti in Jackson Heights, New York

49 months ago

rao in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: hi chirag,

I am looking for CRA 0r CRC jobs in u.s .I got friends working as CRA s in india. Please contact me by mail so that we can discuss further about this and share eachother's information.

Regards,
giri.

Hi,
I have just finished my medical school from India want to gain entry into research field related to pathology.I ll be moving to state college in a month.Can you suggest me courses or any opportunities you are aware of there ,how to get into CR as without experience its v difficult.Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

FMG in Miami Beach, Florida

48 months ago

I am a foreign Medical graduate who has been working as a CRC for the past 5 years. I tried several time to apply for CRA positions, but they required experience as CRA. How can I "break" this label.
I am now, senior clinical research, but i prefer to expand my medical background and knowledge.
Any feedbacks are greatly appreciated.

monica in Charlotte, North Carolina

48 months ago

hey awapna! in which company your working?

naina in Raleigh, North Carolina

47 months ago

Can anyone tell me if the certification in clinical research trial management helps in getting entry level positions.

archana in Mission Viejo, California

47 months ago

Can someone Pl. let me know entry level jobs or recruiters in California. I have done CRA course from Kreigers International and have MS in Biology.

ekclinicalresearch@gmail.com in Campbell, California

47 months ago

manpower professional, kelly scientific, JG Biopharma etc are recruiting companies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nana in Toronto, Ontario

46 months ago

am an IMG (Pediatricain). Certified clinical research associate from Mc Master university in Canada, and had worked as a co-researcher previously in the pediatric field. I haven't got any interview for almost a year because I don't have any North American experience (this was always their reply).
It's really frustrating not to get into the field and months just passing me by.
Any suggestion

Anca in Lazare, Manitoba

46 months ago

I understand very well the feeling...
For all of us has been very hard to penetrate the market, no matter our previous experience...
I was sending hundreds of CVs (over 800) until I finally got accepted...keep sending and try to talk to your coleagues, professors etc...lightening should strike !
I had about 2 interviews a month (for 8 months) and they all went well, but it was never the positive answers I was seeking, only sterile appreciations and letters / messages starting with "unfortunatelly"...and I was sick of all this, but I never gave up, I always kept faith, even in despair ! Until the day I got accepted !

The key is to shouw your interest and to get refered by someone (since the need of professionals is there, but the field is very sensitive and the employers need to be sure that the person hired will be reliable, motivated, perseverent etc.). Try to go to conferences / seminars (I went even in week-ends, even in heavy snowing and awful wheather) trying to meet people working in the field...pushing things...

Good luck !

Anca

Saint Lazare, Quebec, Canada

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anca in Lazare, Manitoba

46 months ago

Dear Nana, please write me (if you want) to anca071@yahoo.com

Anca

Ansari in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

46 months ago

Nana,

Keep in mind you are dishonestly marketing yourself if you are calling yourself a Certified CRA if you didn't pass ACRP's certification exam. The certificate from McMaster University is NOT an industry-recognized certification and doesn't make you a CCRA. If I were a employer and I saw you trying to say you are certified but not legitimately, I would not look at your application anymore past that point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nana in Toronto, Ontario

46 months ago

Ansari in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Nana,

Keep in mind you are dishonestly marketing yourself if you are calling yourself a Certified CRA if you didn't pass ACRP's certification exam. The certificate from McMaster University is NOT an industry-recognized certification and doesn't make you a CCRA. If I were a employer and I saw you trying to say you are certified but not legitimately, I would not look at your application anymore past that point.

Thanks Ansari for your comment or if I can call it an advice. I didn't know that I should write the ACRP'S certificate exam though I've been to many lectures and conferences of ACRP. I know many people who work in the research industy either as a coordinator or as a research associate and never went for the ACRP's exam.
However, thanks again for your comment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nana in Toronto, Ontario

46 months ago

Again Ansari, are you trying to say that any certificate issued as CRA is not valid as long as it was not issued from ACRP. I don't get your point by saying "dishonest marketing". As long as i know when I finished with McMaster University they considered us as a certified clinical research assocaite and accordingly they issued us the paper that written on it a CERTIFIED CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE. I don't think McMaster University would do dishonest act issuing something not true and not legitimate, neither do I think Kreger international or Humber College who offers the same program would issue dishonest certificate.
However, may be you meant that taking the ACRP's exam would complement whatever certificate I have but not a must.

KORI in Austin, Texas

46 months ago

As a graduate, you are certified by that university- not by the recognized profession accreditation group. That piece of paper doesn't mean anything outside of the university. McMaster, Humber or Kreiger are NOT industry-recognized professional or training organizations- they are just schools.

Besides, would anyone really trust any certification program that doesn't require entrants to have real in-field experience as a traveling, industry-based CRA? Is your 'certification' accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies? If not, I would suspect a problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AllIDewIsWin in Chicago, Illinois

45 months ago

Andrew Brown in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hello there, you askhow can you prove you are better than others, you don't prove it you show it by the passion in your words and work. Show the pattern from past and present efforts. You have to get the interviewer to see the differnt path you took to get to the same place as another but with more passion and attention and commitment and by never getting burnt out from what you want to do. Show how this is a part of who you are and want to be. I felt your passion just from your question and that's what makes you a good match. The only question is how good are you at making the right person feel that from you. You should try and apply to organizations that offer a certificate program. I am a clinical research recruiter and I don't get clients asking that we prove certification. It's always good to have every credential in an industry but there are scenerios where you could break into without it same for degrees. Now days, a "good match" is a person who will be commited, honest, trustworthy, contributing, passionate, and goes beyound the call of duty. You just can't say it, you gotta show it...

Hope this helps.

I absolutely love your comments. So uplifting and empowering.
The one comment that stuck out the most was when you said it is not so much about being certified, meaning some of the most successful CRA's are not certified. It's all in how you present yourself to the company. Your passion, ambition, and drive.

You have bless me today.

After years of trying to get in, I have a interview next week. The company I am applying for is not only looking for CRA's but Trial Assistants too. I am pretty darn confident that I am going to get in even if it means working as a trial assistant and working my way up. You have just given me a double dose of encouragement. It's a relationship, and companies want to know what can you being non-experienced bring to the table. Sell you; The Total Package.thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

jj in Raleigh, North Carolina

45 months ago

AllDewlsWin,

Less than 15% of CRAs are certified, it's definitely not an essential! It's great to get a quick raise, but it's certainly not an essential.

Shanish in Irving, Texas

44 months ago

I have done MBBS, which is equalant to MD in US. I also have done MHA( Master in Health Services Administration)from US.I am doing CRA training with Kriger research International and will finish within one wk.I have six months experience for a clinical research coordinator.What is my chance to get an entry level CRA position in US or Canada?

Nis in West Sacramento, California

39 months ago

Hi I have Indian MS and BS degree in Biochemistry. I also have 5 years of experience in Clinical research. I am currently working as CRA -2 in multinational co. in India. How can I get job in USA? Is there any company, who can sponsor my H1B?

parul in Mumbai, India

37 months ago

nani in Hyderabad, India said: try try try.atleast one company or CRO hire u as CRA.Dont worry.all the best.im working as CRA in india.thanks bye

hey im from b.pharm backgroung...can u plss tel me wht kind of clinical research course is reqd means is it neccessay to do msc in clinical research or a post graduate diploma wil do.. do you have to travel a lot for a cra job...

Karl in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

37 months ago

Paul,

In order to start a CRA career, you need a Bachelor's of Science degree and a few years clinical research work experience. NO COURSES are necessary. NONE- most are scams and won't help you get a job!

A CRA travels 80%... That means you get on a plane on Monday morning and get home Thursday at midnight. Usually, I can plan to fly 3-6 flights a week.

Manogp120 in London, United Kingdom

33 months ago

Hi I m Manohar . Completed master s in molecular pathology in London . I m very much interested in clinical research filed. How can I start in this field. Already I trained in CDM n SAS. Could u give me any suggestion . Do I need any certification to get job easily .

Thanking you.
Mano.gp120@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shirin naderipour in bartlesville, Oklahoma

33 months ago

Hi,

Would any one know of any CRA volunteer position available in Tulsa Ok area. I have a BS in Chemistry and have worked as a clinical monitor for Pracs Institute/Cetero research.

Thanks,
Shirin
snaderipour@hotmail.com

ruchika in Mumbai, India

31 months ago

pravakar kumar paramanik in Shiliguri, India said: Dear friend,
Thats really gud 2 know that ur working as a Co-ordinator and have almost finished one year working as a CRC....may i know have u done any online course in clinical research.....becoz if you get a Interview call from any Pharama company mostly they would like to check ur CV...n in CV if dere in no mention related to clinical research course may be u can get rejected....but if u prove ur skills related whatz da responsibilities of a CRA n how u can cope up with it...may be it can help you out...but mostly in the present scenario company look for highly experienced CRC's may be 2-3 years of work as a CRC....sometimes even u do have job oppurtunities as an entry level CRA trainee ...my suggestion to you that you try to find out through interent which all comapanies have job vacancies ....in the field of entry level CRA may be that can help you out......I wish you all the best for your forthcoming future endeavours......have a nice day.....

hey ri8 nw m a student of 12th sci- it bt in future im intrestd in bcumng CRA so vil u plz guide me accordingly dat what shal i do aftr my 12th n all......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JB in Sheffield, United Kingdom

30 months ago

Hi,
I am a doctor from India. I did Master's in Clinical research course in UK. Is it possible to find CRA, CTC jobs in the USA and will the companies help with sponsoring the visa? Is it difficult to find a job there? Kindly advise.. Thank you..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

30 months ago

JB,

As far as I know, no major players in clinical research are sponsoring visas due to the high unemployment rate and potential for tougher immigration rules imposed by proposed legislation.

Vipin Kumar in Delhi, India

29 months ago

Hi
I had clinical research diploma recenlty after B.pharma from delhi. Now i am working as CRC in Fortis Hospital. I want to know that what is future of this line. I am really confuse after CRC. Please also tell me different level of this line.

Thanks

JaNan in Quarryville, Pennsylvania

29 months ago

Hey Everybody:
I am a CRC with an RN. I have about a year of experience and want to become a CRA. I am taking a Clinical Monitoring course through Immaculata University. I am learning alot - I had no idea there was so much detail involved. I'd like to stay with my current hospital.

Do all CRAs travel, or can some of them be in house?
Thanks,
JaNan

Varun in Bangalore, India

29 months ago

ruchika in Mumbai, India said: hey ri8 nw m a student of 12th sci- it bt in future im intrestd in bcumng CRA so vil u plz guide me accordingly dat what shal i do aftr my 12th n all......

WoW! Dint know that indeed.com had character constraint, which might have made you type in the 'In Fashion' SMS' Language! :P
To answer your Question, there are a lot of opportunity windows open for you to choose from! You are in 12th, and you got a long way to go! CR is an interesting field, but choosing the field would be a big gamble! If you are really interested, please start working on it as soon as you done with your 12th; May be do a B.Pharm or something closer to CR.
But remember, always keep your options OPEN!
Cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Gbane Lam in Paris, France

29 months ago

hello everyone I'm Lam graduated as a clinical research associate (with honors) in Paris , France i hace 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical laboratory and 6 months as a CRA but it is very hard find a job as a junior CRA any advice ???
Cheers

Milita shah in Rajkot, India

28 months ago

Hi i have completed B.Pharma and M.Sc in clinical research,have experience of 1 year in this field as a clinicall research coordinator.now,searching job in ahemdabad/baroda as CRA.can any one help me????????PLz..PLz..Plz..

Bulbul in Columbus, Ohio

28 months ago

Hi , I am international person form india, looking for a job as a CRC (clinical research co-ordinator ) , i am currently in columbus Ohio, US. I have a B.Pharm degree from india and a MS in pharmacology. I worked as a research assisatant within basic research at the Ohio state university and have 3 abstracts and am waiting on full publications . I ahve worked in basic research as well as clinical, however i have not consented many patients yet , also i have not taken any special training or course in clinical research. I have not taken any course in electronic data capture. I need a H1B visa sponsorship, Can you tell me how i can get into a company ? Thank you for your time ,

radhakrishna in Vijayawada, India

28 months ago

gained a lot of knowledge regarding the current trend in CRA positions.

Simone in Houston, Texas

27 months ago

I am finding the same issue. I have a MS. in psychology with a specialization in Evaluation, Research and Measurements and I ha also worked as a CRC and now working in regulatory. How much experience do I need and why is this so difficult? I am currently working in an oncology research facility and still prveds to be difficult. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Victoria in Paju, Korea, Republic of

27 months ago

Albert Cho in Toronto, Ontario said: I got a job offer in Korea as entry CRA. I was wondering if CRA working experience in Korea or any other oversea country can be used in the future in north america. plz reply.

Hello, I was wondering what company you will be working for? Also, how did you apply for it? I'm trying to look for one here in Korea also.

Fay in Auckland, New Zealand

26 months ago

Does a job as a research technician at a university help to get into clinical research associate positions if you have also got a pharmacy degree?

mary in Hyattsville, Maryland

26 months ago

www.languagecurve.com/

Professional Resume/Cover Letter Help Online
Documents Edited in 24 Hours!
We email you your edited resume!

Easy Career Counseling
Get Help By Phone or via Skype
What We Do.....
Job Interview Preparation
Job Fair Coaching
How to Find Internships
Learn Networking Tactics
Navigate Office Politics
Learn how to Brand Yourself Professionally
Market Yourself on Twitter
Stay Relevant in your Industry

vidya in Charlotte, North Carolina

25 months ago

I BAMS MD (Alternative Medicine).I want to work as a CRA, and would like an opinion about if I should sign up at The Veritas Healthcare Solutions LLC to get CRA certification. Do anyone has done CRA certificate at The Veritas Healthcare Solutions LLC ? Would appreciate your advise.

Truth To Be Told..... in Union City, New Jersey

25 months ago

Do not even think avout it Vidya.

Its no avail. I have gone throught their course and I can give you 200% guarantee that you wont get anything from these people.

They all are FRAUD.

Don't fall in Trap. Everyone will talk to you very nicely with you before you pay the money. But after you pay them, you are nobody for them.

Please pass this message to all you know and as many people as we can.

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vidya in Charlotte, North Carolina

25 months ago

Thanks dear friend,
They ask $1500 for traing and says will take all responsibilty of job placement and H1 sponsership. But all comments on this forum shows ,it is hard to enter without experience.

Have you gone through their training? Thanks a lot your Advise.

Truth To Be Told..... in Union City, New Jersey

25 months ago

That is true. I have gone through their training. Its nothing but few power-point slides and explanation. Honestly, if you even call them once they will trap you. So don't even try to reach them.

About job search you are on your own. In reality, they dont have anybody who is working on job placement. He will ask you to go there to discuss about resume preparation and marketing. But he won't be available for hours.

H1B, you have to pay more 6-8 K or even 10K to get it done with them.

In short, its waste of time and money.

So I would suggest you to start volunteering or applying for entry level CRC or such positions. That is the only thing, I believe will help you.

Veritas Certificate doesn't mean anything to anybody. And its not just Veritas, other training institutes like this one, all are same. If you really want to break in the Clinical Research field, start working somewhere.

Better look for other options.

You can try reaching other people also who have gone through this trouble.

Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

25 months ago

Vidya,

The Veritas Healthcare Solutions does not provide an industry-recognized CRA certification.

I have never met anyone who has entered the industry through taking one of these courses. If you are an asset to a company, they will not make you pay.... They will pay you during training and cover relocation costs if necessary. In the USA, companies do not value training and paying for a clinical research course will not give you what is necessary to get a CRA job.

Be very suspicious of anyone asking for money to help with CRA training or job placement.

25 months ago

Vidya,

The Veritas Healthcare Solutions does not provide an industry-recognized CRA certification.

I have never met anyone who has entered the industry through taking one of these courses. If you are an asset to a company, they will not make you pay.... They will pay you during training and cover relocation costs if necessary. In the USA, companies do not value training and paying for a clinical research course will not give you what is necessary to get a CRA job.

Be very suspicious of anyone asking for money to help with CRA training or job placement.

JLY in Sacramento, California

22 months ago

Hello everyone, I am glad to come across this thread,I wish I found this in April! Unfortunately,I guess I already am a victim of Veritas's scam.My strong suggestion is DO NOT join them. I will explain my experience with them and you can decide.Personally, I am interested in clinical research,so was looking for online training (as I didn't want to get a MSCR)and I found veritas on Sulekha,as did many students in our training batch.Most attractive part of the advertisement is 'will sponsor H1B'-that is a bait.

So when I called them,they said they have many positions open.I want to live in California and as you guessed,they have 'many positions in bay area'.They kept calling non-stop and said fresh batch is starting this weekend-I am telling you that is a red-flag.They said the course would last 2-2.5 months maximum. Now, it almost 5 months, we are not done with the course and my guess is they don't have any positions open,as they are strethching as much as they can. Most irritating part is, recently they offered some '$10' production specialist job and that if you attend the interview,you HAVE to accept the job.Why in the world would I accept the position,we should be able to make a decision of 'I accept/reject the offer'. Why in the world would I pay for 'Clinical research monitoring' course,if I had to accept a production specialist position.

Anyways,I paid $1500 for the certificate course, which I doubt I will receive!!!Their standards are really low,very unprofessional,you ask them something-they get very defensive,unapproachable after you pay the fee,when you call/email the instructors i.e. in need of clarification regarding the subject matter/exams-YOU NEVER GET A RESPONSE. The receptionist/whoever answers the phone(I have no idea what their qualification is but it is better to talk to walls than talk to unprofessional,ignorant staff).You tell them you need to talk to someone,following are their answers-contd in next post

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

JLY in Sacramento, California

22 months ago

i)they are busy/talking to some other student/instructing other batch
ii)not in the office
iii)some other department is responsible for that/that goes in a circle-you never hear/know the answer
Many students are having the same problems and I have asked them to put their thoughts on this forum, so future enthusiasts will not be affected.Some students are still optismistic that they will find a position for them but I have already learned my lesson, something that sounds too good to be true 99.9999% of the time-you are right.They promise to get you into a CRA position at your choice of location alongwith sponsoring H1B visa-unfortunately, I fell for that. Though I am a licensed RPh(registered pharmacist in California) and have 6 months of experience as a pharmacist with admirable communication and customer service skills, no one is willing to sponsor my H1b transfer for my current employer.I have interviewed with almost all major retail chains and some hospitals,everything goes well and I am offered a position but everything goes downhill after I mention that I need visa sponsorship.So it is best to inform while scheduling an interview, that you need sponsorship,so that neither side is disappointed after the interview.It is very depressing,especially after I have spent $8,000-$10,000 on my pharmacy license exams,books/material,crashcourse,practice exams,licensing fee,continuous education fee,etc.
So,H1b visa sponsoring part(very tempting) is the bait,consulting agencies(esp'lly-veritas)uses,so as Mather said-RUN.I told them I either need my certificate for wasting 5 months of my time/my $1,500 back-she just laughed (I think she must have thought-are you dreaming of getting your money back FROM US-WE ARE SPECIALISTS AT STEALING MONEY SKILLFULLY). The people you would talk to in USA,when you call them are-Tina,Isha,Astha and someone else-don't remember the name;instructors are Dr.Deepthi and Dr.Saritha and owner is Simarjeev Jolly.Nothing is consistent.GOODLUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

aan idk in topeka, Kansas

22 months ago

Hi

I am Palak. I am pharma D. from India who is looking to get into CRA and wondering if anyone knows anything about the Boston College Clinical Research Certificate program?

THE_TRUTH in Old Bridge, New Jersey

22 months ago

Hello everyone,

I wanted to first off thank JLY for their honest opinion on Veritas Healthcare Solutions. If I had someone give me an indepth truth about them - I myself would have not spent $1500 + $700 for 2 courses. Thus, I am also a victim of their scam, and I will not tolerate it. I will make sure that they get caught for every little dealing that they have done with everyone, because what they are doing is WRONG. Let me explain how my process went. I got a call from Tina saying that she saw my resume online and was interested in training me for clinical research and that a good professor is teaching the class and I must sign up ASAP, class will be done in 2 months. Okay cool. It has been 5 months, the class is STILL going on. When I call the office/secretary they do not respond and if they do they are RUDE. They even laughed in my face when I was talking. I don't know what to do and it seems as though Dr. Sarita doesn't care about our opinion. They just want your $ and think they are doing you a favor. BEWARE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.