Entry Level CRA Salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

TJ123 in California

13 months ago

So I was lucky enough to be interviewed (2 phone, 1 f2f) by one of the big CROs looking to hire entry-level CRAs. What should I expect in terms of salary (and possible bonuses) and how much negotiating room is there? They are hiring a group of entry level CRAs (all who need 2+ years of CRC experience). I have 2 years as a study coordinator, 2 years in DM, and some bench work. I am hoping to get at least 55-60k. Thoughts, advice. The suspense is killing me waiting for their offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CT Rx in New York, New York

13 months ago

For an entry-level position, I dont expect there will be a sign-on bonus, but there will be a possible yearly/performance bonus based on your assessment with your manager (~4-7%). If you are interviewing with Quintiles, I was told the Max salary for EL CRA tops at 60K.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

TJ123 in California

13 months ago

Thanks, CT Rx. Do you know if Quintiles is one of the more better paying CROs out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

13 months ago

It all depends on your negotiations, years of monitoring experience, educational background (RN, MSN, PA..),as well as, therapeutic areas.I know a buddy of mine makes a bit more because he is an oncology CRA (is about negotiation). But you are asking about Entry-Level; therefore, it really depends your previous exp.; I think you can get at least 55K with your qualification. The money will follow once you get your foot in the door, the hardest part is really breaking into this industry. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nancy in Elizabeth, New Jersey

8 months ago

TJ123 in California said: So I was lucky enough to be interviewed (2 phone, 1 f2f) by one of the big CROs looking to hire entry -level CRAs. What should I expect in terms of salary (and possible bonuses) and how much negotiating room is there? They are hiring a group of entry level CRAs (all who need 2+ years of CRC experience). I have 2 years as a study coordinator , 2 years in DM, and some bench work. I am hoping to get at least 55-60k. Thoughts, advice. The suspense is killing me waiting for their offer.

Hi,
Just read the thread. Thought of asking you, do you know anyone hiring for entry level CRA? I've one year of CRC experience, 6 months of RA experience and 2 master's degree including the one in epidemiology. Your any input be highly appreciated. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

godisgood78

8 months ago

Hi all.

I currently am a medical technologist and am interested in becoming a CRA. I was wondering if it's something possible to become a CRA? Is the route very difficult to become? What I mean is that my major was Clinical Biology and never studied nurse. If there is a way to become, please let know. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

6 months ago

godisgood78 - you dont need a medical degree (PA, RN, MD, NP, PharmD) to become a CRA. Entry-level CRA positions are very very hard to come by these days. I would suggest looking for a CRC (clinical research coordinator) at teaching hospital or a CTA (clinical trial assistant) position at a CRO. Do a quick search on indeed.com or google, you can find plenty of CTA/CRC openings.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.