Experience but No CRA Certification- Getting the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 212)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

David in Los Angeles, California

89 months ago

shweta in Secaucus, New Jersey said: hello everyone,
I am a graduate( Masters in Biomedical Engineering). I am really interested in working as a CRA. I have one year clinical experience as a part of my masters thesis. No certification, but have a knowledge about GCP, clinical trials. I just wanted to check my chances of getting a job as a CRA before going for certification course of CRA. Can anyone guide me with this??

thank you.

I don't think you would need to take a certification course. You sound like you have a very good background already for breaking into the industry, unlike say, me. Have you thought about applying for the "lower" positions instead, like Clinical Trials Assistant? With your background, it should be easy to get a job as a CTA. Then you could just work your way up from there to becoming a CRA. As far as going straight to becoming a CRA, that's tough. Even the entry-level positions require 1-2 years monitoring experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jay Chantlos in Tampa, Florida

89 months ago

For all those who are interested my company has opportunities for experienced (at least 1 year) CRAs throughout the entire country. All of our positions are with Large Pharma or Biotech companies; currently we have exclusive positions with 4 of the TOP 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. If anyone has any interest please feel free to contact me for more information. My company also has opportunities for those with a background in Statistics, Programming and Data Management within the clinical field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bubba

89 months ago

Jay Chantlos in Tampa, Florida said: For all those who are interested my company has opportunities for experienced (at least 1 year) CRAs throughout the entire country. All of our positions are with Large Pharma or Biotech companies; currently we have exclusive positions with 4 of the TOP 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. If anyone has any interest please feel free to contact me for more information. My company also has opportunities for those with a background in Statistics, Programming and Data Management within the clinical field.

Hi Jay,
How do I contact you?
Thanks,
Bubba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

89 months ago

Please feel free to send me an email at jchantlos@kforce.com with your contact information and I can call you.

Amanda in Cary, North Carolina

89 months ago

i am looking for a CRA cert. exams from previues years. Is anybody can help, please :)
my e-mail: buffka84@gmail.com

Abimbola in Utica, New York

89 months ago

Jay Chantlos in Tampa, Florida said: For all those who are interested my company has opportunities for experienced (at least 1 year) CRAs throughout the entire country. All of our positions are with Large Pharma or Biotech companies; currently we have exclusive positions with 4 of the TOP 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. If anyone has any interest please feel free to contact me for more information. My company also has opportunities for those with a background in Statistics, Programming and Data Management within the clinical field.

HI Iam a recent biology graduate i took the kriger certification and i passed the exam and i have successfully completed the projects. But so far my search for job as been unsuccessful.Is there any way you could be of help by providing networking opportunity in your company.

MollyT in Franklin, Tennessee

89 months ago

I am a RPH and am considering going into the clinical research field. I would appreciate any info about entering the field. I have seen online CRA courses advertised, but don't know which ones are respected in the field. I have seen Medical Research Management, Inc. and have read on this site about Kriger. What recommendations so you all out there have. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Abimbola in Utica, New York

89 months ago

diamond in Gilberts, Illinois said: BImbo email me lets stay intouch, we both r in the same situation

What is your email addy

Seham in Toronto, Ontario

89 months ago

Hi, I am a permanent resident in Canda and I am looking for a job as a CRA or Clinical Research Coordinator.
I have the training and experience in clinical research that qualifies me for the position of Clinical Research Associate together with a Post Graduate Diploma from the Academy of Applied Pharmaceutical Sciences, Toronto, ON. Also, I have a strong knowledge of the clinical coordination and monitoring process in accordance to ICH, GCP, as well as SOP, and clinical trials documents in compliance with the FDA and HC. In addition to an excellent Clinical and Nutritional Research experience in Risk Factor Modification Center, St. Michael's hospital, Toronto ON. I have a PhD in Biochemistry and Masters Degree in Applied Medical Chemistry from Egypt, all of which provide me with strong foundation of relevant knowledge that will be useful to a team and the people whom I would deal with.
Thanks.
Seham.

Bubba

89 months ago

diamond in Elmhurst, Illinois said: oolamide@yahoo.com

Diamond in Gilberts/ Elmhurst, Il,

Get a clue, this is NOT a dating services for your pleasure get on a dating service site if want a date. Folks here are looking for work.

anil in United Kingdom

89 months ago

hi,
i am one of the registered nurse and i have just passed my CRA course from kriger.It is really beneficial and its worth.We fill more confident after completing the course.I suggest u kriger if u interested in clinical research field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Larue, Texas

89 months ago

I have worked in eductaion as a High school chemistry/bIology teacher for the last 16 years, and i am looking to change careers. I am interseted in becoming a CRA. I have a B.S. in Biology, and have taken courses in Medical terminology, pharamceutics, pharmacology, medical biochemistry , and Human and Animal physiology and also have previous job experience as a pharmacy technicianm however these experieneces were more than 10 years ago. What do I need to do to make myself a good candidate for an entry level CRA position in the Houston ,TX area?My salry requirement is $65000+

chander in Montreal, Quebec

89 months ago

Hi I would like to know on the diploma issued by teh kriger do they specify the percentage with which we have passed?

Bubba in Belvidere, Illinois

89 months ago

chander in Montreal, Quebec said: Hi I would like to know on the diploma issued by teh kriger do they specify the percentage with which we have passed?

Yes, it's 70%. This is just imformative type courses so buyer beware. But naybe that's what you're looking for. Take care,
Bubba

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mary in New York, New York

88 months ago

Hi Shweta,

I have the same question as you. I just graduated from Master program of Biomedical Engineering. Have you found job yet? Have you decided to take the CRA course? I appreciate if you let me know the result of your job search. Thanks.

shweta in Secaucus, New Jersey said: hello everyone,
I am a graduate( Masters in Biomedical Engineering). I am really interested in working as a CRA. I have one year clinical experience as a part of my masters thesis. No certification, but have a knowledge about GCP, clinical trials. I just wanted to check my chances of getting a job as a CRA before going for certification course of CRA. Can anyone guide me with this??

thank you.

MAK in Irving, Florida

88 months ago

HI,

I wouldappreciate any guidence or leads.

I am a medical graduate from outside US and have 4 years of expereince into clinical research corodiantion and monitoring with the pharmaceutical organizations. I got relocated to USA in 2007 and I also have procured my CCRP certification from SoCRA based on my experience. But now that i am entering the job market I understand that I am in the same dilema like most of others..."NO USA EXPERIENCE" but i cannot understand unless someone gives the first expereince how can one have an expereince in the country where thwy have just shifted. I have justified my qualifications and knowledge in the field of clinical research by availing the CCRP, but unless someone really gives me chance to prove my self how can I? I am even willing to start with entry level jobs as I know once I can put my foot in the door I can prove my contributions and climb the ladders...but how can I gain that 1st breakthrough?

Would appreciate any guidence or leads.

Regards and best wishes,

MAK

MAK in Irving, Florida

88 months ago

Hi,

I read your message and I am from Tampa too. I have 4 years of exp. in clinical trial conduct and I am also a certified clinical research professional from SoCRA. I also have my legal work authority. If you feel that I could be fit for the positions open with oyu kindly sent me a mail on mjk1819@rediffmail.com and I shall sent you a copy of my updated resume.

Regards,

MAK

APK in h'burg, Virginia

88 months ago

I get emails about job openings from one site Jobs4dd.com..does anybody know about this site..

MAK in Irving, Texas

88 months ago

hi,

keep yourself updated with the positions on job4DD. that is indeeed a good informative site and if you apply to jobs from that site and if you do have the required qualifications, you are sure to get atleast a telephonic interview call. not like few job posting sites where your resume gets lost

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ramachander in Quebec, Quebec

88 months ago

Hi I am insearch of the job and veryone wants prior experience. How can one get without anycomapny taking us initially? Also would like others who completed or doing their project with kriger to share their comments on how easy it is to do. Shefali how do u feel doing the project?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Fanny PROVOST in Antibes, France

88 months ago

Hi Everybody,

I am really interested to have information about clinical trial position in US and Canada.
I have an engineering degree in pharmacology and biotechnology in France (equivalent of a bachelor degree with one more year). My school is really focus on drug developpement. SO, I have knowledge in clinical trial, ICH/GCP, authorities requirement in EU and US. I'm currently a trainee in a pharmaceutical socity in clinical department and I participate in the safety of our product in collaboration with regulatory department for submission and CRO for the monitoring of AE and SAE; creation of SOP and RiskMAP.
I would like to become a Clinical Project Manager and it's really important for me to have a foreing experience or course in a foreing country.

As it seems that qualifications and job opportunities are really different as in France, I would like to ask you some question:
1. Could you please explain what a CRA/ CPM/ CTA is , which one is a higher position ?
2. Which qualification is required? In which School could I have course to be a CRA/CPM? In which university? which one is the most famous?
3. For a foreing person like is it difficult to enter in such a school or to find a job oppotunity?

Thanks in advance.
If someone need information for the same position/ course in France or in UE..just let me know!

Fanny

Booka in Minneapolis, Minnesota

88 months ago

Look into i3 France.

giri in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Ghada Ahmed in San Jose, California said: Hello,

I am currently doing a CRA cetificate through Kriger Reseach Center @ www.kriger.com. I have a medical degree, passed USMLE step I and II (now invalid) and decided to venture into clinical reseach.
With no experience, what are the chances of securing a job as CRA, most openings require a minimum of 2 years industry experience? I am based in SF bayarea.

Thank you!

Ghada

Hi Ghada,

I am a graduate in medicine from india and i want to work as a clinical research associate. Did you got job as a CRA???
Can u advise me how to get into this industry?? Thanks....

giri in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

MAK in Irving, Florida said: HI,

I wouldappreciate any guidence or leads.

I am a medical graduate from outside US and have 4 years of expereince into clinical research corodiantion and monitoring with the pharmaceutical organizations. I got relocated to USA in 2007 and I also have procured my CCRP certification from SoCRA based on my experience. But now that i am entering the job market I understand that I am in the same dilema like most of others..."NO USA EXPERIENCE" but i cannot understand unless someone gives the first expereince how can one have an expereince in the country where thwy have just shifted. I have justified my qualifications and knowledge in the field of clinical research by availing the CCRP, but unless someone really gives me chance to prove my self how can I? I am even willing to start with entry level jobs as I know once I can put my foot in the door I can prove my contributions and climb the ladders...but how can I gain that 1st breakthrough?

Would appreciate any guidence or leads.

Regards and best wishes,

MAK

Hi MAK,

I am a graduate in medicine from india and i want to work as a clinical research associate. Did you got job as a CRA???
Can u advise me how to get into this industry?? Thanks....

arek in West Chester, Ohio

88 months ago

Im an international medical graduate with three years clinical experience in my home country.I have A year experience as a research assistant at FSU working on the causes and medical implications of carcinogenic diseases using nanomaterials.Im interested a clinical research job or the clinical research associate program.I wud appreciate any imput or guidance on what I have to do .

Arek

William in Harleysville, Pennsylvania

87 months ago

Hello,
I have home based CRA positions available on the east coast. Must have general pharmaceutical or device experience. Competitive salary, great benefits, and reasonable travel. If interested please email me at bamole@antean.com.

Steven Bell in Toronto, Ontario

87 months ago

Denise Camara in Montreal, Quebec said: Hello, I have finished my certification at Kriger as a CRA (with the internship option), in December and also have a B.Sc in Biology. I have extended experience in recruitment (scientific recruitment) but no experience in the clinical field. I am a bit discourage to see that all positions ask for a minimum of 6 months experience in monitoring. Even though it's only been one month of job search, I am starting to look for internships in Canada or Europe to open up my chances but don't see much internships offered. I also speak fluently 4 languages (French, English, Portuguese and Spanish) and have double citizenship (Canadiand and Portuguese). I also have many years experience in a medical clinic, so medical terminology in not a problem for me. My question is, how does one get an entry leveled position in clinical research? what else can I do?

Hi Denise,

If you are interested in a career in scientific recruiting, send me your resume. In terms of becoming a CRA, you have to get really lucky of work as a CRC and hope they give you the opportunity.

Steve
sbell@encoreexecutives.com

Steven Bell in Toronto, Ontario

87 months ago

Julia in Toronto, Ontario said: Hi everyone,

I was just reading though this forum. I'm considering studying Clinical Research at Kriger, and I believe I read on their website that because they offer an internship, you can very easily land a job since you have experience from the internship. In that case, why is it so hard for everyone to find a job? Sorry if i'm being niave, but I assumed that the fact that there is an internship involved, it would be smooth sailing to get into the job market. If anyone has any comments, please write back.

Julia

Hi Julie,

<content removed>
Regional CRA's are home based positions, and they don't send people to your home to train you, so they want to know you can do the job. It is much better now. It used to be that you had to have 3 years of monitoring to get a job as a CRA.

Elisa in Windsor, Ontario

87 months ago

William in Harleysville, Pennsylvania said: Hello,
I have home based CRA positions available on the east coast. Must have general pharmaceutical or device experience. Competitive salary, great benefits, and reasonable travel. If interested please email me at bamole@antean.com.

Hi William,

I've been working as a research coordinator for the past 2 and a half years in Detroit, MI, multiple sclerosis -clinical trials.I'm a foreign graduate MD.I read the postings seen here and seems like everybody has similar difficulties landing their first job as a CRA. I work with several CRAs and all of them have been research coordinators before becoming CRAs.:)
Any advice would be appreciated.Thanks.
Elisa

kaku in Milpitas, California

87 months ago

hi
also looking for a CRA position

Whitney in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

I am getting a BS in Zoology in June, but I have no clinical experience!!! Is there any hope of landing a junior CRA job?!!!!???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

abimbola in Hopewell, New Jersey

87 months ago

can you send me your email. i can forward a copy of my resume to you

86 months ago

Landing a CRA job straight out of college is extremely difficult whether it be with a Sponsor company or a CRO. My suggestion to you would to start at the coordinator level and work your way up. I would look at the site level or try an entry level coordinator position with a CRO.

86 months ago

Jose,

What type of education experience do you have?

Thanks

Annu in Hartford, Connecticut

86 months ago

Iam a masters degree holder in biochemistry and now interested in
starting my career as a CRA.What would be the best option for me in my area.

Marie-France Steiner in La Roche, France

86 months ago

diamond in Streamwood, Illinois said: i have BS in Biology took the CRA class with Kriger i got an 85% at my first try of the exam and got certified, since ive been looking to get into clinical research but all effort proof abortive. any one please help on what to do

How long did you study to pass the Kriger exam?

Jessica Shelpman in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

Hi, I am currently a senior clinical research coordinator for a small company in Chicago, IL. I have been trying to get into monitoring for a long time now and I have been unsuccessful. If not monitoring, something that would advance my career in some way. Research experience I have 5 years, specifically clinical about 2. I do have my BS in psychology. Any suggestions??? Anything would help at this point!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Hamilton, Ontario

85 months ago

Hi everyone,

I am currently enrolled in the CRA program at McMater University. I am 4 courses away from getting my certificaion. The only research experience was in my fourth undergrad year in BIO/PSCH. I have a BSc and I worked as a crisis care worker/supervisor for 5 years. I am really worried that once I get certified, I will not be able to find employment as a CRA especially that I barely have any clinical resarch experience. Can anyone please tell me the best way to get your foot through the door in terms of getting an entry level position? How do recent graduates of the program with no experience get in to this line of work? Also, is it difficult to get part time work as I am a single mother of two? I would really appreciate as many replies as possible. I need a wide variety of opinions here. Thank you for your time.

Rashida Moher in Satellite Provider

84 months ago

Hi there,

What an intresting forum! Would any of you know how many months of reading/ preparation would make it easier to pass the ACRP CCRA certification exam?

Mike in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Didn't the universities where you all got your undergrad degrees provide an intership program?

loona in Newark, New Jersey

84 months ago

i have a masters in biomedical engineering. I have no prior experience in the industry.I am planning to take a CRA training and certification. Will it help me in securing a job as I am tired looking for a job with no luck.

84 months ago

Could i have your contact information.

84 months ago

Abimbola in Utica, New York said: HI Iam a recent biology graduate i took the kriger certification and i passed the exam and i have successfully completed the projects. But so far my search for job as been unsuccessful.Is there any way you could be of help by providing networking opportunity in your company.

How long you have been looking. I am asking cuz i am also planning to take the training and want to know if it even helps.

Chip Cameron in Oviedo, Florida

84 months ago

If you (or anyone else) is interested in learning about a Clinical Trials Program Manager opportunity in Florida please send an email to clinical@cameronrecruiting.com.

Bibi in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Abimbola in Utica, New York said: HI Iam a recent biology graduate i took the kriger certification and i passed the exam and i have successfully completed the projects. But so far my search for job as been unsuccessful.Is there any way you could be of help by providing networking opportunity in your company.

Hey Bimbola, I would like to know how you got through with the project. It seems so hard and they haven'r reply the email I sent them yet. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Bibi in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Bubba in Rockford, Illinois said: Hi Simen,

I haven't taken the test so I can't give you any input. This was what I was told by Kriger;

All questions in the exam have been verified to ensure that only one answer is correct. If you feel there may be a discrepancy in any given question, please notify your online instructor by email. Indicate which exam you are writing, the question number and the reason why you feel the question and/or answer choices are in error.

You have a maximum of 15 Minutes per question on the exam.

No, the exam is not simple, but there are very important benefits to this:

1. Only sessions 1 through 30 are on the exam. The pharmacology sessions (31-49) and HIPAA (session 50) will not be on the exam.
2. There is no limit to the number of attempts.
3. We have determined that our graduates are learning so much by taking the exam a couple of times, their success rates with getting employed are higher than when we used the old automatic-answered exam.
4. This exam is not an obstacle on your way to graduation - it is an important educational tool.

Take the exam, and if you fail, don't be upset. Take it again until you pass.

I hope that helps,
Bubba

Hey Bubba I'll like to know how you got through with the projects. I'm having difficulty doing it. Your reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Dr.Prakruthi in Bangalore, India

84 months ago

Hi!
I have done my Bachelor's in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery and have completed PGDCR and am taking up ACRP Certification exam this fall and have a relevent clinical research experience as a co ordinator for 2 years in Oncology . I am moving to Toronto in 2 months time and want to know if I have lucrative job oppurtunities as a CRA up there...

H. in Silver Spring, Maryland

84 months ago

How is the job prospect and salaries in Quebec for a CRA? I would like to move but I want to make sure I can find something.

Mills in London, United Kingdom

83 months ago

Hi, I just completed a CRA course. Any suggestions about how I go about getting some Work experience?

Mills in London, United Kingdom

83 months ago

I have a Bsc in Applied Science and Forensic Investigation and I recently aquired a diploma from Kriger Research Centre. According to my KRC I have 6 months work experience. My Projects included phase I,II & III investigations. I am willing to migrate to get the extra experience I need. Any suggetions? I am eager to 'kick-start' my career. Iam very reliable and I learn quickly.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.