Experience but No CRA Certification- Getting the job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (201 to 213 of 213)
Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

Candi in Cary, North Carolina

36 months ago

Hi Ria,
The reason for requiring two years experience for even the most entry level positions is very simple:
1. It's very hard to place inexperienced monitors on a study because of all the training costs and the 'learning curve' those first two years.
2. The recession in the USA is so bad that they can be this picky and still meet all of their staffing needs.

Perhaps try to get promoted to a CRC for a few years. Companies value RNs more than any Master's degree because of their clinical experience, so between that and the recession now will be a very tough time to make the move, so I'd gain CRC experience to make yourself more marketable for a monitoring position in the future.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ria in San Francisco, California

36 months ago

Candi in Cary, North Carolina said: Hi Ria,
The reason for requiring two years experience for even the most entry level positions is very simple:
1. It's very hard to place inexperienced monitors on a study because of all the training costs and the 'learning curve' those first two years.
2. The recession in the USA is so bad that they can be this picky and still meet all of their staffing needs.

Perhaps try to get promoted to a CRC for a few years. Companies value RNs more than any Master's degree because of their clinical experience, so between that and the recession now will be a very tough time to make the move, so I'd gain CRC experience to make yourself more marketable for a monitoring position in the future.

Hi Candi, Thank you so much for your helpful advice. I have a masters in public health dentistry so I do have strong clinical experience. In addition I have worked as an assistant on trials with sponsors from companies in USA and India. I immigrated to USA a few months ago and have recently obtained my work authorization. I am now looking to build my credentials and industry experience here as a CRA Assistant or even a Project Assistant. I am able and willing to volunteer my time as I am sure of my career goals and passionate about making it in this industry. To facilitate this, I am working really hard on networking with people who will give me an opportunity to prove myself. I would be really interested in any tips and advice you have for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Tally in Lombard, Illinois

36 months ago

Ria,

I believe that Candy meant "clinical experience" to mean actually working with sick patients, administering medication and working one on one with doctora- not in a public health capacity.

Ria in San Francisco, California

36 months ago

Tally in Lombard, Illinois said: Ria,

I believe that Candy meant "clinical experience" to mean actually working with sick patients, administering medication and working one on one with doctora- not in a public health capacity.

Hi Tally, Thank you for the clarification. By significant clinical experience I meant that, while I have never had my own practice, I have treated several sick patients as a dentist at my hospital. I have also volunteered my time as dental consultant in the OT, stabilizing the teeth in facial trauma surgeries. In these situations I have administered medication, prescribed medicines and provided treatment as well as collaborated with other doctors. The only difference was that as a public health person I would go to the patients in villages as a part of the team of doctors rather than have the patient come to me at my clinic.

obela López García in Spain

32 months ago

Hola,soy enfermera,con el Máster en Investigación Desarrollo y Monitoreo de Ensayos Clínicos; busco oportunidad de iniciarme en el campo de Ensayos Clínicos en el estrangero para perfeccionar el Ingles, sin problema para desplazarme a cualquier sitio.

Gracias por vuestro apoyo y respuesta.

Obela.

hpat in Cary, North Carolina

31 months ago

I have a BS in MT degree. and also have 4+ yrs of experience of working in clinical laboratory.Right now thinking to get a certificate in CRA. so wht r the chances to get one and wht about to find a job as CRA?? living in NC.. would like to get info abt.. Thanks

Simranjit Duggal in Brampton, Ontario

30 months ago

I have done masters of Biotechnolgy, I am looking to pursue my studies in Clinical Research Course, I want to know is this a good course to pursue my studies, can I land a job as a CRA

Addie Brandt in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

26 months ago

Nancy Priestly in Del Mar, California said: Hello Mary,
Are you still interested in a career as a CRA? We have a company that is looking for the experience of 2-5 years of clinical monitoring experience as a CRA. It is homebased regional for the North East.

Can you please help me as well.

addiebrandt@gmail.com

AninaK in New York

18 months ago

Pat in Madrid, Spain said: Hello, I'm looking for a training program or a first chance to work as a CRA. I'm just taking a theorical master in Clinical Trials Monitoring in Madrid, which i'm gonna finish in February. I'm able to travel and also to move myself to anorther city .
Thanks you all for your help!
Pat

Hi Pat, where are you doing this masters program? I am interested in doing a clinical research degree or certificate in Spain. Do you know of any others?

Thank you,
Anina

Kornegaylw in Raleigh, North Carolina

18 months ago

Hello - I am currently working for a CRO in Raleigh, NC and am interested in becoming a CRA. I graduated with a bachelors degree in biology/chemsitry about a year ago and currently have 1+ years of CRO experience in Project Management. Many of my colleges with similar experience & training were lucky enough to be accepted into CRA training programs by other CRO's in the area. I am looking for a similar CRA training program opportunity or advice on how to pursue becoming a CRA. Any advice or recommendation welcome.

Thank you very much

Kornegaylw

Mather in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

18 months ago

Kornegaylw,

It sounds like you are in a great position. Not only do you have clinical research experience, you also have friends in the business that can be great job references for you! I would let your supervisor know your ambitions and goals and do extra work as assigned to get where you want to be.

Lorie in Saint-contest, France

13 months ago

Hello,

I have a master degree in public health and 4 years experience as a CRC.
I would like to get an entry level CRA.
Currently, I live in France but I am moving to canada by november.
Could you give me some advice or put me through some network contacts.
I thank you in adavance for your help.

Best regards,

Yacine,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sara

12 months ago

Hi am a CRA I have blog where I talk about some of the basics of being a CRA check it out beginnercra.wordpress.com/. I plan on including some hands on stuff how to get started the right things to say on an interview. I also offer coaching so if you are interested please check it out at beginnercra.wordpress.com/

Page:  « First « Previous   2  3  4  5   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.