HOW TO GET THE EXPERIENCE IF NOBODY ACCEPT ENTRY LEVELS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 300)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

irene bediako-amoa in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

75 months ago

hi

i am a CRA and i am looking for a job either as a study coordinator or data coordinator, can you help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

amrita in Iselin, New Jersey

74 months ago

HI ,
I recently completed my certification exam of CRA from kriger and is looking for a job opening in NJ.

Pl guide me

amrita

carla in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

RAFAEL GOMEZ GAITAN in Littleton, Colorado said: I did a Clinical Research Associate couse on line last March. In the partial tests I got 91%, 96% and 94%. In the final Mastery test I got 94%. I have been trying to get an entry level job since then. Everybody requires one or 2 years experience. How can I get the experience if nobody gives the chance to beginners?

I am trying to find an online course for clinical research as well. What pre-req is required, and which course did you take? You may want to try at local are hospitals for entry level.

carla in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

amrita in Iselin, New Jersey said: HI ,
I recently completed my certification exam of CRA from kriger and is looking for a job opening in NJ.

Pl guide me

amrita

I am thinking about entering the same course...... what are the pre-reqs for acceptance in that program?? I am a Surgical Technician. I was told that I would have no problem, without a 4 yr life sci degreee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Carla in Las Vegas, Nevada

74 months ago

C in Oakland, California said: My degree was in english - and I'm now a Clinical Project Manager at a MAJOR Bay Area pharma, proving you don't have to have a science degree to break into the CR field.

I suggest starting from the ground up - don't try to shoot for the moon. You will serve yourself better by building a foundation of experience.

If you can, start in data management or as a study coordinator (again - a science degree helps, but it not required)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

I would like to speak with or via email----- I would like to know how you got your break into the research field without a Science degree!! I know it is possible- I ma a Surgical Tech and would like to get into the clinical research field. I am looking for on line courses that I will benefit the best from and has a career placement program, any suggestions? Thanks, Carla

Laura in Buffalo, New York

74 months ago

Is anyone near buffalo, NY looking for a CRA job? I know of a good friend looking to fill a position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I AM IN CANADA BUT I AM READY TO RELOCATE TO NEW YORK BECAUSE I HAVE RELATIVES IN NY.
Please contact me at
irb139@mail.usask.ca

irene

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ibitola in london, United Kingdom

74 months ago

Hi l am a CRAI in the UK and l am looking in relocating to canada. Do you know of any CRAII vacancies at the moment. I have 1.5 years of monitoring experience and 4years clinical research experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Frederick in Ottawa, Ontario

74 months ago

do you have any North American experience Ibitola? You can contact me @416.703.9768 ext 227

74 months ago

Hi Federick,

unfortunately l have not worked in North America. I have worked and lived in the UK all my life But l am very interested in relocating to canada with my family. So l am looking for CRAII roles. Do you know of any CRO's or Pharmaceutical companies in canada looking for CRA's. :)

thanks

Indy in Hamilton, Ontario

74 months ago

Hi Laura,

I am in Hamilton and very much interested in this CRA opening in Buffalo would really appreciate if you can provide me any contact info.

74 months ago

What is your email address Laura? I would be happy to send you some information regarding CRA positions in Canada/USA.

Adriana P in São Paulo, Brazil

74 months ago

Im from Argentina, but now Im living in Sao Paulo (Brazil) Sombody knows about some entry level position here? Im MD specialized in Ob and Gin and also in ginecologic endocrinolgy.
Thanks for you help.
Adriana P

74 months ago

David Stark in Greenbrae, California said: I am looking for people from your country to assist me to conduct research in the Dominican republic.

please call or email me..

David Stark

davidlstark@comcast.net
www.stark-smo.com

hi david which country are you referring to?

thanks,

ibitola

David Stark in Greenbrae, California

74 months ago

what ever country you are working in!

74 months ago

David Stark in Greenbrae, California said: what ever country you are working in!

Hi david what would the job involve?

dipaul in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

David Chilton in League City, Texas said: Hi Chris

I got my CRA certification from Kriger Research International. It took about 3 months to complete. The nice thing about this program is that when you complete the course work you are given 4 clinical trial projects to work on. These are active on going clinical trials so the experience you gain from your involvememt counts as actual work exoerinece equivent to ~6 months. This is great because you can put this on your resume. Also, Kriger has a great resume design department that will help you highlight your experiences that are of value to the CRA field, thus making you more marketable. In addition, the final test you take after the course work and conclusion of the project can be taken more than once if you do not pass the first time. The content of the CRA program is identical to the information given in other CRA certification programs like the SOCRA, ACRP and others. After taking the certification course I have had a lot of companies calling me for interviews. I have not landed a position yet but in time that will change. As a matter fo fact, next week I will be interiveiwing for 3 spots with hiring managers. I believe this field is so under employed that in time anyone who has the right acedemic back ground augmented with CRA certification will get a nice position in due time. Just keep at and chances are a CRA postion will come your way. Stay positive!!
all the best
David C. MSc. CCRA

Hi David,
I also have completed my CRA certification with Kriger. I only wonder how to get a job in the pharmaceutical industry. Please could you give me some tips.
Also, How about you? Have found a job since?
Kind regards

74 months ago

Hello
I also completed in Kriger in Feb and staying positive, can you send to me some company names i can apply yo. I am in saskatchewan

irene
Please send the email to irb139@mail.usask.ca

eddie in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

irene bediako-amoa in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan said: Hello
I also completed in Kriger in Feb and staying positive, can you send to me some company names i can apply yo. I am in saskatchewan

irene
Please send the email to irb139@mail.usask.ca

hi irene..
i read some of the blogs. they said Kriger is not recognized in canada. is it true?

eddie in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

Cory in Toronto, Ontario said: For any of those in Canada who want to take a GCP course, BioTalent also has one. It looks like it is approved by the Government of Canada, I don't know much about it, but it wouldn't hurt to take a look:

www.biotalent.ca/courses/courselist.asp?eventtype=1

hi cory, im planning of taking CRA courses. im just graduated MD with 1 yr clinical experience only. do you approve on an online CRA course like kriger or not? is it honored in toronto? the clinical project kriger is offering, are they considered work experience? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cory in Toronto, Ontario

74 months ago

Hello Eddie, getting a CRA certificate would definitely help, your best chance of getting into CRA, since you have less than 2 years of experience, is try the Humber College program:
healthsciences.humberc.on.ca/crra/prospstudents/programs/programs_cr.php

Kriger is fine, but it's not recognized by everyone and they still need to update and re-organize some of their online materials. good luck.

drkarthic in Madras, India

74 months ago

Hi, David, I am from India.. is there any options?

Patrick in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Frederick in Toronto, Ontario said:                      416.703.9768          ext 227 is my number Irene[/QUOTE

Hi Frederick, thank you in advance for your help. I have six years experience in conducting World-Wide Phase I-IV clinical, as a CRA and Clinical Trial Manager within worl leading CROs and Pharmaceutical companies in EU, now I'm struggling to get a position in Canada as CRA, could you please point me in the right direction that you mentioned above.

Patrick

73 months ago

Hi Patrick! what is your email address?

Patrick in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

Frederick in Ottawa, Ontario said: Hi Patrick! what is your email address?

Hi Frederick,
My email adress is the following: patrickjean36@yahoo.ca

Thanks,

Patrick

Kim in Oakland, California

73 months ago

I would also like to know how you built a foundation of experience. I have a degree in Biology, based in the Bay Area and interested in an entry level job to build a career as a Clinical Research Associate. Do you advice taking the free NIH courses?

C in Oakland, California said: My degree was in english - and I'm now a Clinical Project Manager at a MAJOR Bay Area pharma, proving you don't have to have a science degree to break into the CR field.

I suggest starting from the ground up - don't try to shoot for the moon. You will serve yourself better by building a foundation of experience.

If you can, start in data management or as a study coordinator (again - a science degree helps, but it not required)

Hope that helps! Good luck!

Kim in Oakland, California

73 months ago

Ikenga.com is a website for International Medical Graduates so would their referrals to NIH courses be applicable to individuals with no training trying to start a career as a CRA? Also what do you mean by "In-House" CRA training ?

Burned Out in Spokane, Washington said: Hello Fellow CRA - What a wonderful website, I am a seasoned CRA but I have never heard of free CRA training. The website touches upon the problem of "hawking" CRA certification with the promises of a job. These certification courses only take your already in short supply money. This is in reverse of how interested folks should proceed.
1. You should, self educate to become familiar with the industry wide regulations and guidelines.

2. Then take this self education with a willingness to learn how to apply this knowledge and try for an "In-House" position. I have seen to many people take a regional CRA position straight out of a certificiation course who wind up severly making a mess. This means that I will be following up behind the person to "clean-up" the sites. Please, Please, Please, do not try to become a contractor without a ton of work experience because you will only give CRA contractors, like myself, a terrible reputation.

3. After "In-House experience, then go for the CRA positions. I do not recommend that your first CRA position be regional home office based.

4. After receiving the "In-House" CRA training then go for the certification at a well accepted association like ACRP or SOCCRA.

Some of the other documents that you should read are the FDA Guidlines for Monitoring and the FDA Informed Consent Fact Sheets that discuss the Informed Consent process and the 14 elements of a Informed Consent. Go into the FDA website and search for these documents.

Also, the NIH used to have a free course on Human Subjects Protection. If it is still available, I recommend taking that course then printing out the certificate and showing it to employers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

E.W in Mansfield, Texas

73 months ago

Chris R in Phoenix, Arizona said: So in order to have any chance at being a CRA, you must have a degree in Science/Health Science/Nursing? I was thinking of taking Pharmacology, Physiology, and a few other classes to go with my non-science major, but you need the actual major?

No, I have a colleague that I worked with at US Oncology and she has a BS in CIS. She landed a job as a CRA through a CRO that trained. This was 2 years ago, and the policies might change, but it doesn't hurt to try.

E.W in Mansfield, Texas

73 months ago

Carla in Las Vegas, Nevada said: I would like to speak with or via email----- I would like to know how you got your break into the research field without a Science degree!! I know it is possible- I ma a Surgical Tech and would like to get into the clinical research field. I am looking for on line courses that I will benefit the best from and has a career placement program, any suggestions? Thanks, Carla

Forgive me if I am wrong, but a Surgical Tech program is a certified program, correct? Meaning at the most, you have a 2 year degree? At the least, you need a 4 yeard degree. I would start there. Otherwise it will extremely hard-if not impossible- to move up the ladder

Albert Cho in Toronto, Ontario

73 months ago

I got a job offer in Korea as entry CRA. I was wondering if CRA working experience in Korea or any other oversea countries can be used in the future in north america. plz reply.

73 months ago

Albert Cho in Toronto, Ontario said: I got a job offer in Korea as entry CRA. I was wondering if CRA working experience in Korea or any other oversea countries can be used in the future in north america. plz reply.

yes, however you will need North American experience in addition Albert

dipaul

73 months ago

North American experience or whatever canadian eperience is a scam. How dare can people believe that only that so called North American experience really mattter? It is like oversea people are not capable.
Stop cheating people with that North American experience, it is protectionism.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota

72 months ago

I am pursuing CRA course from Kreger International. I am also looking into industry to see for any entry level jobs. What is the job scenario for freshers, I dont have any previous knowledge in Clinical Research.

I am on H4, can anybody suggest if there are any recruiters doing H1 or comapanies that sponsors visa?

Archana

TRAN in East Hartford, Connecticut

72 months ago

Hi Arlene Kray,
Will Novum have some internships position ?
Thank you for your answer

72 months ago

Archana: Kreger International is NOT recognized. I am only trying to inform you...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota

72 months ago

Hi Fredrick,

could u pl. let me know what do u mean by not recognized? and what are the disadvantages?
thanks
Archana

Cheryl in Los Angeles, California

71 months ago

Barb in Red Bank, New Jersey said: I also have just completed an advanced degree (MSN in nursing with a specialty major in Clinical Research Management). In addition, I interned at a large pharm for 3 months and shadowed the CRA's. However, I too am in a "catch 22" situation. On the one hand, I have a desirable background-RN with 10 years of nursing experience and an advanced degree but on the other hand, I've been told that although my background is "ideal" for the CRA role, I still need about 12 months CRA experience in order to land a job. Definitely a "catch 22"!

You will need to find an entry level CRA position in your case. They are hard to find but do exist. You should try posting your resume on careerbuilder so that headhunters can contact you for entry level positions. You can expect a pay cut but after two years under your belt, you will be able to write your own ticket when applying for other CRA jobs.

Barb in Red Bank, New Jersey

71 months ago

Very true! I finally landed an entry level CRA position at a CRO about 3 months ago and am monitoring oncology studies. Very big pay cut but it will hopefully be worth it once I have enough experience to call my own shots.

Jamun in New Jersey

71 months ago

I have pharmD (my diploma was evaluated here in US), and want to start my career as CRA. I have some US experience in clinical research (in cosmetics). I’m looking for CRA classes in Massachusets area, please help.
Meanwhile, looking for classes, may be I can study by myself all necessary documentation and guidelines. Please, can someone inform me what should I study.
Thank you

picky in Carlsbad, California

71 months ago

Hi,

Here is my comment,

I read a couple of the postings and noted that a few of you have some serious grammar issues. I do not know if this is a familiar way to speak, but it does really says a lot about you. If your resumes include this type of writing, I do not wonder you are not getting any calls, nobody will want to even talk to someone who does not have writing skills. I'll just give an example:

I'm facing the same situation here in sydney.
Just applying n applying but no response frm anyone.
Donnow wat happend to my CVs tht i send thm.

This text should say Sydney (instead of sydney), from (instead of frm), Do not know (instead of Donnow), what (instead of wat), that (instead of tht), I (insted of i), them (instead of thm).

This small text already tells me a lot about this person.

Just to keep an eye in these things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shruthi in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

Does anyone know if the Certificate in Clinical Trials Design and Management offered by UCSC Extension is a good program? It is based on on-site instruction and the depth of courses seems to be good but it will end up costing around $7000 USD for the 6 core classes and 6 electives.

Reading all the posts about having difficulties with entry level jobs makes me just a little wary of investing that much money. I've a B.Sc. in Molecular Biology and I'm trying to apply for a Clinical Trials Assistant internship/entry level positions while I take classes for this certification. I'm hoping that with this experience I can become familiar with the processes that are involved. Any suggestions on how to find such a job or a study coordinator position?

Thank you
shruthisbr@yahoo.com

MLS in Fort Worth, Texas

71 months ago

Here's the route I took to recently becoming a CRA with a major pharma company ...

1. BS & MS degrees in health related disciplines

2. Several years of work experience in public health that exposed me to clinical trials as a back-up clinical research coordinator (CRC) in some instances

3. Participated in a 1 week intensive course offered through the professional organization, SOCRA (specifically their "Clinical Science Course" that included Regulatory, Procedural, Medical, and Scientific Modules). ACRP is another professional organization worth looking into for coursework. SOCRA and ACRP are the two major CRA organizations worth spending your money on, in my opinion, as they are well known and respected in clinical research circles and not just "for profit".

4, Got a job as a clinical research coordinator at a major academic/medical institution

5. *IMPORTANT* Got to know the CRA's during my time spent as a CRC. When positions open up in their respective companies, they are quick to let their good CRC's know to apply -- and they can vouch for your experience, work ethics, ability, etc.

6. Applied for a position after being told about it by one of our CRA's -- and made sure they knew I applied.

7. Landed the job!

My time spent at the SOCRA training and as a CRC weighed more heavily, in my opinion, than were my 2 science degrees. Not that education isn't important, but in this field, it is more of a foundation and your experience is the key. With that in mind, my suggestion is to get into ANY position that gives you clinical trials EXPERIENCE, preferably one that exposes you to actual CRA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hams in Passaic, New Jersey

71 months ago

Hi
I have completed my MSc in Analytical Chemistry and over more than 3 years experience in pharmaceuticals Analytical Research Lab. This all are in India and now i am in USA can pharmaceuticals company over here consider my experience and Master degree and give R&D job over here NJ. I have legal rights to work and stay in USA. It is must be for me to get another degree over here for job or not

Thanks

Olga in Hackensack, New Jersey

71 months ago

Does anyone knows the CRA program in American Inst of Pharmaceutical technology. What is the quality?
Thank you.

PD in Worcester, Massachusetts

71 months ago

I recently completed my certification of CRA from kriger and am looking for an entry level position at a CRO in MA . Does anybody know whom to contact ?

trine in Carlsbad, California

71 months ago

Look at the website of Parexel, Omnicare, Quintiles, Kendle, Icon, Paragon, Chiltern, Pharmalink; these are CROs.

Also try recruiters: Aeroteck, Biophase, Bioforce, MedFocus, Recruitech, Precept.

Try the following websites: Medzilla, Monster, CarrerBuider, Biospace, ACRP, Job.com, Indeed,

OK, this will keep you busy for a while. Good luck. Keep us updated

Jamie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

RAFAEL GOMEZ GAITAN in Littleton, Colorado said: I did a Clinical Research Associate couse on line last March. In the partial tests I got 91%, 96% and 94%. In the final Mastery test I got 94%. I have been trying to get an entry level job since then. Everybody requires one or 2 years experience. How can I get the experience if nobody gives the chance to beginners?

Small CRO's (like MedPace, Novum) will take in people with no experience... Unfortunately you'll have to probably take a pay cut during the training or be assigned to other support duties until you gain the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

dave in Edison, New Jersey

70 months ago

dipaul said: North American experience or whatever canadian eperience is a scam. How dare can people believe that only that so called North American experience really mattter? It is like oversea people are not capable.
Stop cheating people with that North American experience, it is protectionism.

All medical graduates come from overseas have the same attitute but how many of them get direct jobs as a doctor;they do not even get residencies after completeing the USMLE.
It is good to have a knowledge but there should be someone to recognize it.
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Carl Soon in San Francisco, California

70 months ago

dave in Edison, New Jersey said: All medical graduates come from overseas have the same attitute but how many of them get direct jobs as a doctor;they do not even get residencies after completeing the USMLE.
It is good to have a knowledge but there should be someone to recognize it.
thanks

True. Even passing the USMLE doesn't immediately guarantee a residency program for foreign medical graduates. Anyway, I'm looking for a job as an entry level CRA or even as an assistant or a CRC. Anyone can help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Charro82 in Arlington, Texas

70 months ago

I am an RN with clinical experience in CCU and 11 years of experience in the pharma industry in various roles. I am looking to break into the research field, but family obligations prevent me from pursuing a full time position at present. ( Ultimatley I think I'd like to become a CRA )Are there any roles available in clinical research that are local and part time. I am in the DFW area? I know there are several CROs in the local area, as well as multiple clinical study sites. I appreciate any advice that is offerred.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.