Has anyone ever taken the one day course of SoCRA certification exam? Is it worth to take?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Jessie in Toronto, Ontario

53 months ago

I wonder if I should to take the one-day course provided by SOCRA before the test, which charge $295 US dollars. Is it useful for passing the exam? Anyone who has taken this course, please give me some advises. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

53 months ago

the test examines your on-the-job knowledge and how well you know the regs. if you've been working for a few years, you should be fine. the prep course doesn't give you the answers to the test or teach you everything you need to know- it teaches you how to take the test.

personally, i'd only go if i were a poor test taker or if it's been a long while since you've taken a test. they give a practice exam at the session, so that could be very helpful, but if you are good at self-studying, i would just buy the test (no course) and do it independently

53 months ago

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: the test examines your on-the-job knowledge and how well you know the regs. if you've been working for a few years, you should be fine. the prep course doesn't give you the answers to the test or teach you everything you need to know- it teaches you how to take the test.

personally, i'd only go if i were a poor test taker or if it's been a long while since you've taken a test. they give a practice exam at the session, so that could be very helpful, but if you are good at self-studying, i would just buy the test (no course) and do it independently

Thank you for your reply. But I am just have no idea what the questions would be? Do you know how to buy the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

just go to the SoCRA website, click on certification, then read the material on that page. you can jump to 'Sample Questions section' where they give you four sample questions for free

it is essential that you know the basic testing information on this page before even thinking about taking the test.

53 months ago

Thank you a lot for your generous help! Have you passed the exam? I got the study guide book from SoCRA, I wonder if this book only is enough for the exam, should I go over some other materials and what are they? If you find it OK, you can send email to me at : jsun1492@gmail.com. Just great thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

yes, i passed both CCRA and CCRP exams.

SoCRA's is def easier than ACRP's CCRA exam, but it carries less influence.

i really don't think you need to 'study' much at all for either exam. it's all about GCPs and common tasks that you do everyday in your job. i would just read over the exam guide, the regulations and think about situation's you've encountered and how you have handled them and you should be fine. because you need to have worked in the industry to even sit for the test, you should have enough experience to pass the exam

Kristin in Detroit, Michigan

50 months ago

Does anyone have a copy of the exam prep materials (ACRP) - I am willing to pay?
kristinrn3@gmail.com

Ernie S. in Lafayette, California

2 days ago

I took both the 1-day prep course and the SOCRA CCRP exam in Sep 2013. The course was very good, but it should not be the only preparation. Your work experience is a big part, as the exam will evaluate your practical knowledge. Knowing FDA regulations and the ICH GCP is also critical. Some questions will be on key facts (e.g. drug related SAE reporting requirements). For study material, I have compiled the notes I used into a study guide. Please see www.clinicalresearchassociatecra.com/studyguide for more info.

Ernie S.
www.clinicalresearchassociatecra.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.