ICH GCP Certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (13)

Kristen in Flushing, New York

91 months ago

Hi everyone,

I have been looking into a few jobs and some of them have ICH/GCP Certification listed as a requirement. Is it worth to pay for this from one of the companies online (if so what is best?).

I am currently taking course for a certificate in clinical research from BU and I have human subject protection training and am starting the process to take the certification tests from either ACRP or SoCRA.

Any ideas on what other CV building things I can do?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

keep in mind your ACRP certification can be in the ICH region or the FDA region.

i see no purpose in getting a "ICH/GCP certification" when your ACRP certification will cover it. if you want something quick, i would take a GCP review course to brush up on your skills before you take your ACRP test so you'll kill two birds with one stone!

Reply - Report abuse

Kristen in Flushing, New York

91 months ago

Robert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: keep in mind your ACRP certification can be in the ICH region or the FDA region.

i see no purpose in getting a "ICH/GCP certification" when your ACRP certification will cover it. if you want something quick, i would take a GCP review course to brush up on your skills before you take your ACRP test so you'll kill two birds with one stone!

Thanks!
Do you think ACRP is better than SoCRA?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

If you want to be a CRA, ACRP's better.

If you don't qualify for the test (you have to monitor for 2 years to even sit for the test), I recommend SoCRA in that case.

Other than that, it's more a person decision. ACRP looks better on the CV, but expires quicker, requires more cont. edu. credits, more expensive and a smaller % of people that take the exam pass.

Reply - Report abuse

CRA in Fairfield, Connecticut

91 months ago

Kristen in Flushing, New York said: Hi everyone,

I have been looking into a few jobs and some of them have ICH/GCP Certification listed as a requirement. Is it worth to pay for this from one of the companies online (if so what is best?).

I am currently taking course for a certificate in clinical research from BU and I have human subject protection training and am starting the process to take the certification tests from either ACRP or SoCRA.

Any ideas on what other CV building things I can do?

Thanks!

In addition, this was posted on another discussion board within indeed forum: phrp.nihtraining.com/users/login.php
It is an NIH online training program... I am about halfway through. It is information you likely already know, but it helps to have this on your resume.

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Hadar in Tel Aviv, Israel

90 months ago

I'm also looking for a position as a CRC and ICH/GCP is a relevant requirement.
Is there an online provider of this certification that can be recommended?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

KC Temple in Towson, Maryland

90 months ago

Hadar in Tel Aviv, Israel said: I'm also looking for a position as a CRC and ICH/GCP is a relevant requirement.
Is there an online provider of this certification that can be recommended?

I took a course through MSU that provided a certificate in GCP. Here's the link: nursing.msu.edu/cracrc.aspx It's totally online, accredited and you get to have a real university on your resume. Good Luck!

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

vinee_s20@*****.*** in Plano, Texas

86 months ago

Can any one advise me about Infonetica's online ICH GCP certification as i am not eligible for ACRP and SoCRA

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Vinee,

I've never heard of this Infonetica-it is not an accredited organization that industry recognizes as a source for certification. ACRP, which is accredited, has the CKA test- the core knowledge assessment for people without the experience to sit for the CCRA or CCRC test. I would consider taking the CKA test through a legitimate organization instead of taking a chance on this Infonetics place. You could end up buying yourself a $200 piece of paper that is worthless in the industry.

The real thing that employers look for is that you KNOW the regulations relevant to clinical research- you don't necessarily need to be 'certified.' CCRA, CCRC or CCRP certifications from the recognized certifying bodies (ACRP or SoCRA) are the only ones valued in the industry and some people aren't sure they pay off.

Reply - Report abuse

KD in Mount Prospect, Illinois

78 months ago

I have over 3 years of research experience but not in a clinical setup. I am looking for a way to enter the CRA field. I have been told that an ICH/GCP certification would help me get my foot in the door. I have knowledge of the ICH/GCP guidelines, do I really need a certification as well? If so, can someone please tell me some other way than ACRP or SoCRA since I am not eligible for both?

Yes
/ No
Reply - Report abuse

Casper

78 months ago

No, you do not need any sort of certification to get entry level clinical research jobs. Anyways, you are only eligible for the legitimate certifications from acrp/SOCRA once you've been doing the job for two years. Don't waste ur $ or time on a certificate that is meaningless in the industry/not recognized.

Reply - Report abuse

KD in Mount Prospect, Illinois

78 months ago

Casper said: No, you do not need any sort of certification to get entry level clinical research jobs. Anyways, you are only eligible for the legitimate certifications from acrp/SOCRA once you've been doing the job for two years. Don't waste ur $ or time on a certificate that is meaningless in the industry/not recognized.

Thanks for the advise Casper. I am trying really hard to get into the CRA field, I would really appreciate some advise how to go about it. I feel applying for CRA entry level positions is not working.

Reply - Report abuse

Casper

78 months ago

KD in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: Thanks for the advise Casper. I am trying really hard to get into the CRA field, I would really appreciate some advise how to go about it. I feel applying for CRA entry level positions is not working.

Four years of CRC experience is how most CRAs get their start. Three years of CTA experience is also pretty common. I know of a lot of entrylevel CRA positions open right now that are taking experienced CRCs and CTAs.

Remember entry level CRA does not mean entry level to clinical research. If you haven't worked in human subject trials, I think that you not be able to jump to CRA positions without doing CRC or CTA work first.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.