Is it possible for to be a CRA in Japan?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Japanese RN in Mobile, Alabama

80 months ago

Everyone,

Thank you for looking for my question!
Currently, I'm working as NICU registered nurse in USA for 2 years. I don't have RN license in Japan because I went to University in US and got the registered nurse license here. I'm in Master's degree program of public health nursing also.
I have difficulty getting a working visa in US because of the visa retrogression.(After I finish with Master's degree program, I will not have a visa to work in US.) So, I'm thinking to go back to Japan.
I would like to work as a CRA. However, most CRA positions in Japan require 2 years of experience as a CRA.
I don't know if CRA is good career choice for me, but this is something I want to try.
If anyone who is working in Japan as a CRA or related professionals, please give me some advice.

Thank you very much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

YK in Seattle, Washington

79 months ago

Hello,

I worked at CRO as a CRA for 5 years in Japan.
You can be a CRA if you don't care about CRO or pharmaceutical firm.
They really want to hire CRAs in CRO.
Most of CROs require the specific major such as life science, pharmacy, nurse. But they don't require working wxperience as a CRA.

I think it is a little difficult to get job in pharmaceutical firm because they sometimes requre working experience as CRA.
In fact some of my colleagues moved a pharmaceutical firm from CRO after they got worked for a few years. You might move a pharmaceutical in a few years if you want.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Aly

4 months ago

We are currently looking for CRAs in Japan. Have you found a clinical research position in Japan in the meantime?
Regards, Aly

Nate in Raleigh, North Carolina

2 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an old thread but INC Research is currently looking for CRA's in Japan among other positions. Find out more here: j.rfer.us/INRJzC2vX

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.