Is there any way to get entry level positions these days?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

WheelerMC in Wilmington, North Carolina

37 months ago

I have a B.S. in Clinical Research from The University of NC at Wilmington and I have spent over a year now trying to land my first entry level position. So far, nothing...I can't even get a call for an interview. I continually get rejected for entry level positions time after time: Project Assistant, Safety Administrator I etc etc. I have a good number of big name CROs in my city: PPD, Quintiles, Kendle, Novella, Chiltern. I need some honest advice, I can't keep going on like this when nobody will even give me the slightest thought. Maybe it is time to quit and accept the fact I will be delivering pizza the rest of my life. Does anyone have any insight that will help me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PJ in Raleigh, North Carolina

31 months ago

I don't have your qualifications in Clinical Research, but have worked in the field as a contractor in data entry in both Averion in Massachusetts, and Premier Research here in RTP. I was turned down twice by Quintiles (although a co-worker who slept at his job got gired there--go figure!), although it was for the same job. Also by PRA, INC and Paraxel. I really don't know what to do, either. A lot of CRA jobs are listing now. Have you tried applying as a contractor?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.