List of CRA Courses

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

Narti Nogueira in São Paulo, Brazil

59 months ago

Hello everyone!

I´ve been looking these discussions but I have a lot of concerns about the CRA courses. For exemplo, I´ve checked on MacMAster and it seems that the program give us a certificate of Study coordinator and not CRA!! Is that right?

I really like to take course (not by internet or home work) which gives an specifically CRA´s certificate.

Could anyone help me sending where I can find this course?

Thank you

Narti

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jamie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

it's very important to realize that these programs will not give you the experience that companies look for in order to get an entry level position. 90% of all entry level CRA jobs require 1-2 years of clinical trial experience and these programs will get you off to a good start but WILL NOT guarantee a job. right now, monitors with 5 years of monitoring work are fighting over jobs so finding a position will be quite difficult, near impossible

usually, you start as a coordinator and then move up to monitor after a few years. CRA is not an entry-level position. that's probably why you can only find coordinator training programs.

also, keep in mind these are not real 'certification' programs. there are two groups that provide certification (ACRP or SOCRA) but you have to have 2 years experience before you can even sit for the exams. after taking these courses you will not be a CCRA or CCRP! it's just that company's bogus certification that is NOT industry-recognized... be careful when spending you money on these programs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Narti in São Paulo, Brazil

58 months ago

Jamie, thank you for your comments! It will be taking in mind!

But, why did you think it'll be near impossible to get a CCRA position since I started as coordinator? Here in Brazil this is really taken in account! And why everybody is fighting for their jobs, you made this so hard. Everytime I search for a job, here in Brazil there's nothing! So, ok you have a point, but outside like USA, Canada, UK, Russia, Italy, Germany it is crowded of opportunities!!! I can not understand!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth in Basking Ridge, New Jersey

57 months ago

Jamie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: it's very important to realize that these programs will not give you the experience that companies look for in order to get an entry level position. 90% of all entry level CRA jobs require 1-2 years of clinical trial experience and these programs will get you off to a good start but WILL NOT guarantee a job. right now, monitors with 5 years of monitoring work are fighting over jobs so finding a position will be quite difficult, near impossible

usually, you start as a coordinator and then move up to monitor after a few years. CRA is not an entry-level position. that's probably why you can only find coordinator training programs.

also, keep in mind these are not real 'certification' programs. there are two groups that provide certification (ACRP or SOCRA) but you have to have 2 years experience before you can even sit for the exams. after taking these courses you will not be a CCRA or CCRP! it's just that company's bogus certification that is NOT industry-recognized... be careful when spending you money on these programs.

I have recently heard of a group that will be offering CRA/CRC courses in MA, NJ and PA that have a program that sounds great, alot of hands on and that have local recruiters visit the class to meet the students and give job searching tips. I'm waiting to hear more about this, I understand the course is less than $1.000.00. Most of the courses that I have checked into are twice that. If I hear more about the course, is anyone interested? Maybe we could get a group rate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I have recently heard of a group that will be offering CRA/CRC courses in MA, NJ and PA that have a program that sounds great, alot of hands on and that have local recruiters visit the class to meet the students and give job searching tips. I'm waiting to hear more about this, I understand the course is less than $1.000.00. Most of the courses that I have checked into are twice that. If I hear more about the course, is anyone interested? Maybe we could get a group rate!

Nart in São Paulo, Brazil

57 months ago

Elizabeth..that would be great1!!

Please, tell me about it!!

57 months ago

As soon as I hear more I will, this is in the US though, maybe they will have an online class

Ilma in Dublin, Ireland

51 months ago

Wow, I would like to know more about this course.
I will wait for your answer as Narti.

CRA in Brooklyn, New York

51 months ago

Watch out for the "training courses" - there is a lot of information in these forums about everyone's experiences... Please read them.

If you are really looking in to a certification program or Masters program, check out the Universities... Most, like GWU, Drexel, MSU offer some sort of certification program in clinical reasearch or a Master's degree. These programs are well-known and hopefully even the name will help you out in obtaining a job...

But, going back to what was previously said, even entry-level CRA positions are not entry level positions to the industry. These positions require experience in the field... Another option is checking out CROs and their Clinical Research Assistant/Clinical Trial Associate positions to help you gain experience and then move up the ladder.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

PA in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

That sounds great! Can you provide more details about the institute offering this program?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

PA in Doylestown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

* offering CRA/CRC courses in MA, NJ and PA for $ 1000.00

Susan in Pottstown, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

PA in Doylestown, Pennsylvania said: * offering CRA/CRC courses in MA, NJ and PA for $ 1000.00

I took a Clinical research course from Delaware Valley College that was great. My employer paid for it, but it was less than $2k and very well done. I think it is on the college's continuing education website. Check it out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.