Masters in Clinical Research

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 328)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Michelle Santoro in Edison, New Jersey

78 months ago

Suneetha

I am currently working at a CRO in Piscataway, NJ. Attached to the CRO is an Institute where I began as a student 3 months ago. The school is called American Scitech Institute. Its a very thorough educational program. The classroom training is 6 months in duration upon completion you will be CRA certified and have the option to participate in a paid internship. Once you have completed the internship you can either be hired directly by American Sci Tech International or we can place you. If you work hard, communicate well and pick up the information quickly you can be hired quicker. I was in the same position many science majors are in 3 months ago and the school has provided me with numerous opportunites. I hope this helps. If you would like to talk to me directly please feel free to call me at 201-709-7077 or email me at michelle.santoro@americanscitech.com We are having a seminar at the school this Saturday if you would like to come and learn more about the program please feel free to contact me.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

shazia azizuddin in edison, New Jersey said: hello

trying to find a way into the clinical research industry ..but everyone wants experience. ..does anyone know where to start and also the names of any recruitment agencies... any info would be a great help

I am currently working at a CRO in Piscataway, NJ. Attached to the CRO is an Institute where I began as a student 3 months ago. The school is called American Scitech Institute. Its a very thorough educational program. The classroom training is 6 months in duration upon completion you will be CRA certified and have the option to participate in a paid internship. Once you have completed the internship you can either be hired directly by American Sci Tech International or we can place you. If you work hard, communicate well and pick up the information quickly you can be hired quicker. I was in the same position many science majors are in 3 months ago and the school has provided me with numerous opportunites. I hope this helps. If you would like to talk to me directly please feel free to call me at 201-709-7077 or email me at michelle_santoro@yahoo.com.

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sunna in Edison, New Jersey

78 months ago

Hello Everyone,
I have a masters in Public Health with Majors in Health Care Organizatio and Policy. I am looking to pursue my career in CRA. My problem is that I dont have any experience. Each and every position available requires atleast 1 year experience. I tried many recruting firms, Posted my resume on almost all sites but didnt got any success. I dont want to spend any more money for training in any institute. I am ready to go for a training in any company without pay. I would really appreciate if any body could help me out.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unk in Raleigh, North Carolina

78 months ago

I highly recommend you get a position as a Study Coordinator (SC). After you have been a SC for 2 years you can site for one of the clinical research certifications that are out there, CCRC (Certified Clinical Research Coordinator) with ACRP or CCRP (Certified Clinical Research Professional) with SOCRA. This will give you experience in clinical research, then after 2 years of being a SC you may have better luck. I know Quintiles occassionally has entry level positions availalbe in which they will hire EXPERIENCED SCs as entry level CRAs and then train them as a CRA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Krystal in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Thanks for that! I don't have any background in Clinical Research. It is something I can apply my undergrad knowledge in Physiology and Chemistry.... in. I know I'll have to start entry level, but I would work so hard to move up. It's just getting in that is so hard. That's why I thought going to Campbell could help with connections. I just need to be given a chance. I'll keep applying. Thanks so much for the input!

Krystal:
I know someone who completed their Masters at Campbell in Clinical Research (I think) and was hired at Quintiles in the Morrisville, NC office as an in-house Clinical Trials Assistant (CTA). It has been one year and she has now been promoted to a CRA position because she has an advanced degree and she worked very hard, although she is super sharp too. If you are willing to learn from the entry level up as a CTA, and work very hard I'm sure that eventually your will get promoted to a CRA position. The industry needs CRAs but it is not a role you just get hired to, as you do need to understand the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Bridgewater, MS, MA in Arlington, Virginia said: Can anyone articulately & competently address whether graduate degrees in Clinical Research Administration have any value in the real world job market? 90% of the time when I've seen actual postings for work in the industry, the requirements typically stipulate having some clinical or nursing background OR having prior CRA work experience. So, how EXACTLY is the CRA graduate degree going to help you obtain work if you're not already coming from a clinical background?

Actually yes. I know a girl who had a BS in pharmacy and received her MS in Clinical Administration, from Campbell I think, and was hired as an in-house CTA (Clinical Trials Assistant) at Quintiles. She was in the CTA position for a year, learned the ropes, worked really hard, and was promoted to a CRA position in a year. Her advanced degree played a HUGH role in her getting promoted so fast. Plus, she is a very intellegent and sharp person.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Hi !
I have Phd in NeuroScience and wanted to pursue CRA career. I was wondering if CRA certification course can get me an industry job or MS in CR is a requirement.
Also, I am on H4 so with current H1 visa issues I wanted to ensure that the course that I will be doing is also providing me with CPT or OPT.
Does anybody have any information for CPT/OPT for online certification courses or even for online MS in CR ?

Appreciate any response,
Thanks Archana

Yes Archana. Go to the George Washington University web site. They have both an MSHS in CR and a certificate program that can be completed entirely on-line. I graduated this May with an MSN CR and could not have done a masters program unless it was online as I am a CRA and travel 2 to 3 days a week. Good luck.

78 months ago

MS graduate in Malden, Massachusetts said: I got a MS in Clinical Investigation from the MGH Institute of Health Professions. It was a wonderful program, and the best part were the two internships that gave me the experience to break into the field as a CRA (for pharma). I know many of my CRA colleagues have advanced degrees so I am sure the MS will also help me in the future.

Was this program completely on-line or did you have to attend MGH (Boston?) for a short time for your internships?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Michelle Santoro in Edison, New Jersey said: I am currently working at a CRO in Piscataway, NJ. Attached to the CRO is an Institute where I began as a student 3 months ago. The school is called American Scitech Institute. Its a very thorough educational program. The classroom training is 6 months in duration upon completion you will be CRA certified and have the option to participate in a paid internship. Once you have completed the internship you can either be hired directly by American Sci Tech International or we can place you. If you work hard, communicate well and pick up the information quickly you can be hired quicker. I was in the same position many science majors are in 3 months ago and the school has provided me with numerous opportunites. I hope this helps. If you would like to talk to me directly please feel free to call me at 201-709-7077 or email me at michelle_santoro@yahoo.com.

Good Luck

What do you mean by CRA certified? I know the requirements for obtaining a nationally recognized certification from ACRP or SOCRA requires that you be employed as a CRA for 2 years before you can even apply to sit for the CCRA / CCRP exam.

78 months ago

shazia azizuddin in edison, New Jersey said: hello

trying to find a way into the clinical research industry ..but everyone wants experience. ..does anyone know where to start and also the names of any recruitment agencies... any info would be a great help

I am currently working at a CRO in Piscataway, NJ. Attached to the CRO is an Institute where I began as a student 3 months ago. The school is called American Scitech Institute. Its a very thorough educational program. The classroom training is 6 months in duration upon completion you will be CRA certified and have the option to participate in a paid internship. Once you have completed the internship you can either be hired directly by American Sci Tech International or we can place you. If you work hard, communicate well and pick up the information quickly you can be hired quicker. I was in the same position many science majors are in 3 months ago and the school has provided me with numerous opportunites. The best part of the school is that it actually offers a paid internship and will hire you directly out of the internship at our affiliated CRO, American SciTech International. I do not know of any other schools that offer that. If you would like to talk to me directly please feel free to call me at 201-709-7077 or email me at msantoro@americanscitech.com

You can also check out the website at craschool.com

Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Archana in Minneapolis, Minnesota

78 months ago

Unk in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Yes Archana. Go to the George Washington University web site. They have both an MSHS in CR and a certificate program that can be completed entirely on-line. I graduated this May with an MSN CR and could not have done a masters program unless it was online as I am a CRA and travel 2 to 3 days a week. Good luck.

Hi Unk,

Thanks for your info! But could u pl. let me know if I can get an entry level job in industry just with the CRA certificate course from anywhere like Kreiger Or else like u said from George washington University. Is MS a necessary to get a job? Also can u let me know your email ID I do have some more queries, if u dont mind:)

78 months ago

Archana:

I have a friend who was able to secure a position as an in-house Clinical Team Assistant a year ago because of her MSHS, then in a year was promoted to a CRA position. I know for a fact she was hired because of her advanced degree and then promoted within a year because of her degree. If you live in an area where you could obtain a position "in-house" I highly recommend it because you will need to learn the industry, as you cannot come into this industry straight from a graduate program that I know of especially since you will not have monitoring (CRA) experience. I do not know if anyone would or would not hire you with just a certificate anywhere else, such as Kreiger or not. Usually the requirement for a CRA position is a Bachelors and 1 year expience monitoring. I prefer not to provide my private email, as we can use this format to continue correspondence.

78 months ago

Payal Thakkar in North Brunswick, New Jersey said: I am a Clinical Research Associate within Merck & Co., Inc.. I would like to know if there are any good schools to get my masters in public health/clinical research???

Thanks in advance for your support!!

Hi payal,

I also want to become CRA but dont know where to start. I have a doctoral degree in neuroscience. I want to know how u became a CRA without MS in CRA.
What are the options for me to enter the CRA world without doing MS i the first place.
Any suggestions is welcomed.
Archana

suneetha in Brooklyn, New York

78 months ago

Hello Archana,
I think there is a chance for you to enter into the CRA field without doing MS by just training with some agencies like American scitech institute and also kreiger institute which gave you the certified degree.just google it so dat u can know.online CRA training classes are also there and the cheapest among them as far as i know is durham institute.one thing i want to know is by having a doctoral degree in neurosciences why are u lokking for this CRA programm.Is it useful dat much and i heard dat the pay is also not dat much.why dont u look out at R&D side.Iam not discouraging u but even i want to know othet interesting info abt this?

77 months ago

Hi Payal,
Thanks for the info! Bythe way I just want to change my career by entering in the CR field and might make use of my advaned degree. But as of now I am confused coz I have Visa problem. I am on H4 dependent visa and can't work in US and was wondering if u have any info about this. I want to know if there are any recruiters who would help me getting hired by getting me H1 Visa (work visa).
Without a H1 visa all these degrees are of no use for me.
Any suggestions?
Archana

77 months ago

sorry Suneetha,

The earlier reply which I wrote for Payal, was for u. And what do you mean by R&D. Is it in Neuroscience or CR field?

Archana

nick in East Hanover, New Jersey

77 months ago

hv u taken toefl?
i dont think so .......

raju in Danbury, Connecticut

77 months ago

hi,

are there any courses that prepare you for clinical data manager position[CDM]. i mean those that train you in oracle clinical and do placement for you in pharmaceutical industry as clinical data manager. i have two years of experience in pharmaceutical industry as data analyst with medical background.

Raju.

Gina in White Rock, British Columbia

77 months ago

Hi all,
I have an md and a phd in pharmacy. my phd was about quality of life. I am interested in going into a pharmaceutical company. would CRA be a good starting point? or any suggestions?
much aprreciation!
Gina

77 months ago

Hi Gina:

Wow. With your credentials I would look into a Medical Services position such as an Assistant Medical Director or something. CRA is probably too low a position for your degree level.

Go to www.quintiles.com as there are quite a few positions that require an MD or PhD.

Good luck,
Unk

s.dave in Edison, New Jersey

77 months ago

Unk in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hi Gina:

Wow. With your credentials I would look into a Medical Services position such as an Assistant Medical Director or something. CRA is probably too low a position for your degree level.

Go to www.quintiles.com as there are quite a few positions that require an MD or PhD.

Good luck,
Unk

High do not get excited about your degree; although it is a honor to have higher education level but unless you are certified medical doctor in USA or Permanent USMLE certificate you will not be hired

77 months ago

s.dave in Edison, New Jersey said: High do not get excited about your degree; although it is a honor to have higher education level but unless you are certified medical doctor in USA or Permanent USMLE certificate you will not be hired

Gina:

Look on line at various companies as your MD and PhD may be the very degrees you need to get into Pharmacovigilence or as a Medical Monitor or Medical Advisor. I know Quintiles has several openings in other countries as well as the USA/CA, for Pharmacovigilence. This may be your foot in the door. While it is not a Pharmaceutical company it is a CRO and CROs are a bit more stable than Pharma right now.

Good luck,
unk

modena in Nassau, Bahamas

76 months ago

hi im a medical technologist interested in the CRA/CRC field.I need advice on how to make this career change.I have seen numerous online cra certification programs but i am loss as to which if any to persue. Can someone please guide me on the right course to embark on? Additionally i wish to move to the U.S or Canada to work upon ompletion. Is this field an area that companies are willing to to provide work visas for ?

Mookie in Trenton, New Jersey

76 months ago

The best way to get into a CRA position is through companies like Covance and Kendle that have an established internal training matrix where you are hired as a clinical research assistant OR clinical trial assistant and weaned into a CRA role within 9 months to 1 year (depending on the person). The ONLY two organizations in the US that offer recognized certification as a CRA are ACRP and SoCRA. You can also obtain a lot of info from these two organizations. There is no one way of becoming a CRA. CRAs come from a diverse educational background. The CRA has basic clinical skills, customer service skills, knowledge of clinical trials, and basic business conduct and ethics skills. Most CRAs I know started off as Clinical Research Coordinators OR Clinical Research Assistants. The CRA field is not just something you can cultivate in a short period. That is why there are tiers (CRA1, CRA2, Senior CRA, etc). For all people looking for entry-level positions, go this route and you'll be fine. Most degrees in clinical research gear towards regulatory work and do not really prepare you to monitor. The only way to learn monitoring is by doing co-monitoring as a clinical research assistant with a CRO like Covance or Kendle (I am pretty sure that there are other CROs that have this training matrix). Good luck to all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mookie in Trenton, New Jersey

76 months ago

Hi Gina.

I agree that Pharmacovigillence or Drug Safety is a much better option for you becuase your background is a better match. With reagrds to becoming a medical monitor, those candidates have either been in the indutry for a while or are licensed in the US to practice medicine. Very rarely will you see medical monitors who are not licensed to practice medicine becuase the professional libaility involved. Your best bet would be to target Drug Safety Asssitant position and lkeanr about Meddra Coding for Adverse Events.

You can also become a CRA. You may want to evaluate your feelings for travelling 60-80%. The travelling tapers off when you become a Senior CRA. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

michelle in Suffolk, Virginia

76 months ago

If you currently work for Quintiles why can you not transfer to one of their North America offices? They are building a brand new facility in Research Triangle park, North Carolina.

IRI Clinical Staff in Metuchen, New Jersey

76 months ago

Payal Thakkar in Edison, New Jersey said: Hi Nick,
do u have any monitoring experience?? what is your background? I would start looking at CRO companies (i.e., ICON, Convance, PPD and etc.). Try contracting first. CRA is a lot of traveling and they require to have some experience. I am a In-House CRA and i manage all the field/traveling/regional CRAs.

Again, post your resume everywhere first (i.e., monster, hotjobs, acrp, dia) and then go to each companies jobs to look for CRA position. Also contact bunch of recruiting companies (i.e., KForce, Smithhanley, Medfocus, INOclinical and etc). Hope this helps a lil. Let me know if u have any additional questions or concerns.

Thanks and regards..

P.S - Thanks for the information abt University of NC but i need something here in NJ. If u find something local, please let me know.. thanks!

Hi Payal,

I wanted to know if you or someone you know might be interested in an in house position I am working on. The position is in NJ. I am looking for someone with atleast 3 years of experience in Pharma/Biotech as an In house CRA.

contact me with your resume at vidhu@irionline.com

IRI Clinical Staff in Metuchen, New Jersey

76 months ago

kam in Dover, Delaware said: my niece is in u.s.a. on m1 visa, is studing for cra, but her college is shutting down in n.j. she needs to find the school in delaware for cra programe. please hlp me to find her new sschool

Which university is your niece enrolled in? If you can forward her information to my email id: vidhu@irionline.com I might be able to assist her.

shwetak in Bombay, India

76 months ago

Hii i m an Bpharm graduate doing a postgraduate diploma in clinical research i wanted to know about MS in clinical research and job prospects.

Varsha patil in Charlotte, North Carolina

76 months ago

hi
i am on h4 and i completed my BAMS MD(Alernative medicine). i have 2 year experience .
i want togo for Clinical Research Associate programm who give me certificate, and what is scope for me.

76 months ago

Pravin in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I am holding BS degree and looking forward for CRA career.
I am thinking either of following courses. Can somebody suggest if thats good ?
www.krigerinternational.com/en/?INT and www.krigerinternational.com/en/?INT Does UNC offer this course ?

Hi pravin
I m holding BAMS,MD(Alternative medicine).and am too looking for CRA career.can u suggest me ?

76 months ago

Hi payal
I am holding BAMS,MD(Alternative medicine)Have come recently to US(North carolina).Am looking forward for CRA(Clinical Research Associate ) Career.Can u help me?--Which step will be better for me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Hi monika

I am BAMS from India. And I m looking for cRA in future.so plz suggest me if u have any information.

Nick in Newington, Connecticut

76 months ago

Hi Everyone, I hold a Bachelors degree in Dental surgery, but I'm interested in learning about Clinical research. I have no background in this field and would appreciate any advice i could get.
First of all, am I eligible to take the MS in clinical research? , also what is a CRC and CRA? Are the line of studies different for each of them?
I hope someone can explain the basics about pursuing a career in this field,
thank you.

76 months ago

Nick in Newington, Connecticut said: Hi Everyone, I hold a Bachelors degree in Dental surgery, but I'm interested in learning about Clinical research. I have no background in this field and would appreciate any advice i could get.
First of all, am I eligible to take the MS in clinical research? , also what is a CRC and CRA? Are the line of studies different for each of them?
thank you.

CRC is a clinical reserach coordinator and a CRA is a Clinical Research Associate. The CRC stays at the investigational site and has direct contact with the patients and investigators. CRCs are responsible for recording the data, ensuring informed consent is taken and that all subjects enrolled meet the protocol inclusion criteria. A CRA works on designing protocols and essential documents in addition a CRA will monitor multiple investigational sites to ensure subject safety and the integrity of the data. CRA's travel to the investigational sites and check over the work of the CRC and investigator such as, ensuring all documents are filled out correctly, the subjects all meet the inclusion criteria, any adverse events were reported properly etc. Visit www.craschool.com they offer a well rounded CRA training program in addition to a paid internship and employment for qualified students.

SwissHam in Newark, Delaware

76 months ago

Nick in Newington, Connecticut said: Hi Everyone, I hold a Bachelors degree in Dental surgery, but I'm interested in learning about Clinical research. I have no background in this field and would appreciate any advice i could get.
thank you.

Hi Nick,
First - do not listen to the advertisements about the CRA schools - there are many advertisements throughout these discussion forums and there are even forums dedicated to how students have taken them and then absolutely nothing has come of them...With your background in dental surgery, it is a little off of the usual degrees they look for in the clinical research field... the good news is that it is science-based, so you should be able to get into the field... There are many forums dedicated to getting into the CRA profession so I would check those out... I would say you should start at a CRO as a Clinical Research Assistant... This possition wiull introduce you the field as a whole... If you find it is the field you would like to pursue, then I would say you should go with the MS in Clinical Research (It would be less difficult to move through the ranks with an MS in the field you are working in)
Check out wither GWU or Drexel for requirements - I keep hearing about those 2 schools when it comes to an MS in Clinical Research. I started my MS at GWU based on the recommendation in this forum and I have absolutely no regrets. I am pretty sure GWU just requires a degree from an accredited undergrad, an essay and a couple recommendations. If I also remember correctly, Drexel requires atleast 2 years work in the clinical research field. You will also have to take the MCATs for Drexel, which was not a bad exam at all.

Good luck,
Hope this helps,
Chris

SwissHam in Newark, Delaware

76 months ago

haha sorry, I meant the MAT for Drexel... haha the MCAT would be terrible.

nick in Newington, Connecticut

76 months ago

thanx SwissHam...will look into what u said and if I need more advie will post it here.

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon

76 months ago

Hello All,

My name is Gaurav and I will be completing my PhD in Pharmacology. I wanted to shift from Basic research to clinical research and looking for clinical trials management/clincial research associate as one of the good options for me. Can anybody suggest me how can I enter into this industry considering the fact that I will be needing H1 visa.

Kathy in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon said: Hello All,

My name is Gaurav and I will be completing my PhD in Pharmacology. I wanted to shift from Basic research to clinical research and looking for clinical trials management/clincial research associate as one of the good options for me. Can anybody suggest me how can I enter into this industry considering the fact that I will be needing H1 visa.

Hi
I just have a question . I think of doing a PhD in Pharmacology after my Master. I don't know if this idea is better than working in Clinical research or not. Is it difficult to get a job after doing a PhD or this will give you more chance to find a job in an pharmaceutical company?

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon

76 months ago

Kathy in Houston, Texas said: Hi
I just have a question . I think of doing a PhD in Pharmacology after my Master. I don't know if this idea is better than working in Clinical research or not. Is it difficult to get a job after doing a PhD or this will give you more chance to find a job in an pharmaceutical company?

If you want to be in academia, PhD is not a bad option. But if you want to end up in industry, it would be good if you look for more applied research.

Michelle in Fort Worth, Texas

76 months ago

Here's the route I took to recently becoming a CRA with a major pharma company ...

1. BS & MS degrees in health related disciplines

2. Several years of work experience in public health that exposed me to clinical trials as a back-up clinical research coordinator (CRC) in some instances

3. Participated in a 1 week intensive course offered through the professional organization, SOCRA (specifically their "Clinical Science Course" that included Regulatory, Procedural, Medical, and Scientific Modules). ACRP is another professional organization worth looking into for coursework. SOCRA and ACRP are the two major CRA organizations worth spending your money on, in my opinion, as they are well known and respected in clinical research circles and not just "for profit".

4, Got a job as a clinical research coordinator at a major academic/medical institution

5. *IMPORTANT* Got to know the CRA's during my time spent as a CRC. When positions open up in their respective companies, they are quick to let their good CRC's know to apply -- and they can vouch for your experience, work ethics, ability, etc.

6. Applied for a position after being told about it by one of our CRA's -- and made sure they knew I applied.

7. Landed the job!

My time spent at the SOCRA training and as a CRC weighed more heavily, in my opinion, than were my 2 science degrees. Not that education isn't important, but in this field, it is more of a foundation and your experience is the key. With that in mind, my suggestion is to get into ANY position that gives you clinical trials EXPERIENCE, preferably one that exposes you to actual CRA's.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pavani in Vijayawada, India

75 months ago

I have completed my MSC human genetics.I want to study MS clinical research in US.please suggest me if i was eligible or not.My GRE score is 880 and ILETS score is 6.5.Please suggest me the list of universities if i was eligible.

Y singh in Bombay, India

75 months ago

Hi ,I am a ayurveda doctor with couple of years clinical practise and done a PG D in Clinical research currently working in one of leading MNC in Drug Safety , can anyone help me out with Masters in pharma managment at NJ which can help me out with good placement.

Bethlin in Austin, Texas

72 months ago

Michelle in Fort Worth, Texas said: Here's the route I took to recently becoming a CRA with a major pharma company ...

1. BS & MS degrees in health related disciplines

2. Several years of work experience in public health that exposed me to clinical trials as a back-up clinical research coordinator (CRC) in some instances

3. Participated in a 1 week intensive course offered through the professional organization, SOCRA (specifically their "Clinical Science Course" that included Regulatory, Procedural, Medical, and Scientific Modules). ACRP is another professional organization worth looking into for coursework. SOCRA and ACRP are the two major CRA organizations worth spending your money on, in my opinion, as they are well known and respected in clinical research circles and not just "for profit".

4, Got a job as a clinical research coordinator at a major academic/medical institution

5. *IMPORTANT* Got to know the CRA's during my time spent as a CRC. When positions open up in their respective companies, they are quick to let their good CRC's know to apply -- and they can vouch for your experience, work ethics, ability, etc.

6. Applied for a position after being told about it by one of our CRA's -- and made sure they knew I applied.

7. Landed the job!

My time spent at the SOCRA training and as a CRC weighed more heavily, in my opinion, than were my 2 science degrees. Not that education isn't important, but in this field, it is more of a foundation and your experience is the key. With that in mind, my suggestion is to get into ANY position that gives you clinical trials EXPERIENCE, preferably one that exposes you to actual CRA's.

From my experience working at a central IRB & as a QC supervisor at a Phase I, I think this plan reflects the route many CRAs take to get to the position. Thanks to Michelle in Fort Worth, Texas for a such a helpful post!!

rakhi in Parsippany, New Jersey

72 months ago

HI ALL,

I am a dentist from India,and i was looking for an MS programme i can do here in US and i came across MS in clinical research by Newyork University.But I dont know much about this field,about the type of job i will be doing after completing this course or the scope of it.Could anyone let me know about this and also about NYU's programme?
Thanks in advance

Tintin in Harlow, United Kingdom

71 months ago

Hi everyone
I am a CRA II, working in UK. I am Swedish citizen looking for CRA position in US. Can someone help me because I will need sponsorship.

I have experience in several areas (Cancer, Cystic FIbrosis, Infection, Neurology) etc. I have worked on studies in Phase I to Phase III. I have great knowledgde in European regulations, Us regulations, Close out visits, Site set up, contract negotiation, investigator meeting etc.
thanks

yhuang in Fairport, New York

71 months ago

MS graduate in Malden, Massachusetts said: I got a MS in Clinical Investigation from the MGH Institute of Health Professions. It was a wonderful program, and the best part were the two internships that gave me the experience to break into the field as a CRA (for pharma). I know many of my CRA colleagues have advanced degrees so I am sure the MS will also help me in the future.

Hi,

Is the MS in Clinical Investigation from the MGH Institute of Health Professions a online program or on campus program? How long were the internships last? What is the tuition?

Thanks,
Joyce

Sancheeta Acharya in San Francisco, California

71 months ago

Varsha patil in Charlotte, North Carolina said: Hi payal
I am holding BAMS,MD(Alternative medicine)Have come recently to US(North carolina).Am looking forward for CRA(Clinical Research Associate ) Career.Can u help me?--Which step will be better for me?

Hi Varsha are you still looking for clinical research career. If yes please send me your resume to sancheeta@qtech-solutions.com. Our company is based out in Piscataway,NJ and we train as well as give placement assistance in clinical research. We also sponsor H1B.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sancheeta Acharya in San Francisco, California

71 months ago

Gaurav in Corvallis, Oregon said: Hello All,

Hi Gaurav,
If you are still looking for a company and want to change your line to clinical research , you are most welcome to forward your resume @ sancheeta@qtech-solutions.com. We are based out in New Jersy and we do provide training and placement assistance in clinical research. We also sponsor H1B.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.